Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DELTA (DL) Inventory Returns to ExpertFlyer (sans Upgrade Class Inventory)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DELTA (DL) Inventory Returns to ExpertFlyer (sans Upgrade Class Inventory)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by TTT
In the example sent both KVS and EF showed the same availability.

Both Delta and ITA show seats/fares available in the D1 cabin.
In this case, KVS and EF showed zero Business availability, yet Delta and ITA were selling seats. I just checked again, and this is still the case. I hope we can determine what the issue is, because if the issue is stale DL data (and it's unknown what is the issue), then this data is not very useful.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:31 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Has anyone else seen an issue with DL flights being missing from EF entirely? Last week I had a flight where the seat maps showed full or close to it so I wanted to see what the true inventory situation was. Try as I might I could not get EF to even show it in the flight results, even specifying only non-stop flights between those two cities and the departure time set to the nearest hour before the actual flight (and despite asking for non-stops it showed me some connecting flights).

I was in a hurry so didn't take detailed notes but will take screenshots or something if it happens again. Needless to say if the results are erratic and inaccurate then I'm going to have a lot of buyer's remorse even with the $10 discount :-/
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:37 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
In this case, KVS and EF showed zero Business availability, yet Delta and ITA were selling seats. I just checked again, and this is still the case. I hope we can determine what the issue is, because if the issue is stale DL data (and it's unknown what is the issue), then this data is not very useful.
We are not seeing the issue at this time, please check again

Originally Posted by Zorak
Has anyone else seen an issue with DL flights being missing from EF entirely? Last week I had a flight where the seat maps showed full or close to it so I wanted to see what the true inventory situation was. Try as I might I could not get EF to even show it in the flight results, even specifying only non-stop flights between those two cities and the departure time set to the nearest hour before the actual flight (and despite asking for non-stops it showed me some connecting flights).
Flights with 0 inventory in any class may not be returned. Please email us a specific example if you are still experiencing an issue.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
We are not seeing the issue at this time, please check again

Flights with 0 inventory in any class may not be returned. Please email us a specific example if you are still experiencing an issue.
I just checked and it has been updated. However, as I noted earlier, I just looked at this within the hour and it was zero...and has been. What was the issue? If EF is to be valuable, we need to be able to rely on it.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Noticed this also. Last week the 10 June DL162 MSP-AMS flight was overbooked at a certain time by 5 then 4 etc and could not be found when searching EF.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Zorak

I was in a hurry so didn't take detailed notes but will take screenshots or something if it happens again. Needless to say if the results are erratic and inaccurate then I'm going to have a lot of buyer's remorse even with the $10 discount :-/
I am, I'm looking for a DTW/MSY round trip labor day weekend. Non-stop/directs are showing up fine (only a couple) but there are several with connections in ATL that are bookable with T fares on Delta.com and not showing up at all on EF
Old Jun 20, 2016, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
This. Why would you not show the flight just because it has 0 inventory? Very inconvenient when trying to figure out which flights are oversold. I suppose one must draw the inference that if the flight doesn't show then it is completely zero'd out, but that is not typically how EF used to work.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:45 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by pleasantsn
This. Why would you not show the flight just because it has 0 inventory? Very inconvenient when trying to figure out which flights are oversold. I suppose one must draw the inference that if the flight doesn't show then it is completely zero'd out, but that is not typically how EF used to work.
It's not our doing, we don't choose or have control what flights are returned to us. First, this method isn't like the other methods, second even in other non-DL availability searches sometimes no-availability flights can be skipped over in the results.

You have to remember that these legacy systems are optimized for selling flights, not data gathering, and you can't sell a flight that has zero inventory. Different systems handle that directive in different ways.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:12 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
It's not our doing, we don't choose or have control what flights are returned to us. First, this method isn't like the other methods, second even in other non-DL availability searches sometimes no-availability flights can be skipped over in the results.

You have to remember that these legacy systems are optimized for selling flights, not data gathering, and you can't sell a flight that has zero inventory. Different systems handle that directive in different ways.
Oh. I thought, the ONLY reason the airlines compiled and published this data was for, "us" gaming, scheming, internet stalking VDB voucher hounds to be able to maximize our pillaging.

[/SARCASM]

Last edited by davetravels; Jun 20, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:44 am

I just checked and it has been updated. However, as I noted earlier, I just looked at this within the hour and it was zero...and has been. What was the issue? If EF is to be valuable, we need to be able to rely on it.
ExpertFlyer Voice, could you please respond to this. I can understand if you don't want to reveal how you obtain your data, but at least acknowledge that perhaps this was a "bug" and fixed. Ignoring this suggests that we can't rely on your data.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:15 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

ExpertFlyer Voice, could you please respond to this. I can understand if you don't want to reveal how you obtain your data, but at least acknowledge that perhaps this was a "bug" and fixed. Ignoring this suggests that we can't rely on your data.
We addressed this issue previously and the data is correct as was published, we do not control how airlines publish their data, it's just a matter of picking the right source. If you want to discuss further please email us.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:53 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Not new to EF, but the new DL stuff is confusing.

What fare class am I supposed to use to create a flight alert for the following Award Ticket?

I need a one-way Y or F LOW Award Ticket in for PHX-DTW in December.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I'm getting false seat alerts from EF now... got a notification that a blocked bulkhead seat I wanted had opened up. Tried to grab it only to find it unavailable. Bummed, I checked the seat map on EF and it showed the seat as still available. Looked in the GDS which showed it as still blocked...
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:07 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 355F1
Not new to EF, but the new DL stuff is confusing.

What fare class am I supposed to use to create a flight alert for the following Award Ticket?

I need a one-way Y or F LOW Award Ticket in for PHX-DTW in December.
R is the First award class and N is the Economy award class. You would create Flight Alerts in those classes for the flights you want to monitor.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:08 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by javabytes
I'm getting false seat alerts from EF now... got a notification that a blocked bulkhead seat I wanted had opened up. Tried to grab it only to find it unavailable. Bummed, I checked the seat map on EF and it showed the seat as still available. Looked in the GDS which showed it as still blocked...
It's likely that you selected to include Blocked seats in your alert, the data is accurate. In addition the GDS doesn't provide accurate data for certain DL EC seat maps.

We haven't seen an email from you with any more specifics about the alert so we can look it up for ourselves and help you. Please email us at customercare@

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.