Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DELTA (DL) Inventory Returns to ExpertFlyer (sans Upgrade Class Inventory)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DELTA (DL) Inventory Returns to ExpertFlyer (sans Upgrade Class Inventory)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by klanfa
Thanks a lot to both of you! I'll be going for the more comfortable transfer in Atlanta then.

Also, just out of curiosity "that's not the actual availability"? Meaning that's the max EF will show for Delta or something else?
Im betting he means that those are seats left unassigned? Though not sure. EF show Y9 which is the max reservation systems will show even if theres 180 seats left.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:03 am

Thanks a lot to both of you! I'll be going for the more comfortable transfer in Atlanta then.

Also, just out of curiosity "that's not the actual availability"? Meaning that's the max EF will show for Delta or something else?
There's actual availability and authorized availability. Actual availability is how many seats until the flight is full. Authorized availability is how many seats the airline is willing to sell, which includes overbooking.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:07 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Deltanet shows actual numbers of seats available, and how many the system will allow flights to be oversold by.

It has nothing to with EF style travel agency type availability displays.

I see Widgets beat me to it by a few minutes.
Old May 6, 2017, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
This thread seems to span multiple time periods with EF...as of now, DL won't access seat maps for flights on EF within a few hours of departure...so frustrating. It also appears that seat alerts do not follow either. I put in a seat alert for a window seat, which never went through despite my double checking and spotting it elsewhere.

Of course, this is all DL's doing, not EF's, but gosh, wouldn't it be great if global upgrade info were available here...it would save DL money from people calling in all the time! Why is this airline so anti-consumer on the back-end, but so friendly on the front side (FAs, lounge folks, etc). Seems like stereotypical (not always true) Southern arrogance (and I am from the south). Be nice on the outside, but get what you need behind the scenes!).
Old May 7, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
This thread seems to span multiple time periods with EF...as of now, DL won't access seat maps for flights on EF within a few hours of departure...so frustrating. It also appears that seat alerts do not follow either. I put in a seat alert for a window seat, which never went through despite my double checking and spotting it elsewhere.

Of course, this is all DL's doing, not EF's, but gosh, wouldn't it be great if global upgrade info were available here...it would save DL money from people calling in all the time! Why is this airline so anti-consumer on the back-end, but so friendly on the front side (FAs, lounge folks, etc). Seems like stereotypical (not always true) Southern arrogance (and I am from the south). Be nice on the outside, but get what you need behind the scenes!).
+1. Would save Delta a lot of time. And what's really irritating is Delta doesn't code the RU and GU's correctly a lot of times. When EF showed upgrade inventory there were times I got alerts that inventory had opened up yet the waitlisted certs weren't app;i.e. D and I had to call Delta. If Delta isn't going to allow the inventory to be made public then they at least need to apply wait listed certs as soon as the inventory opens up
Old May 7, 2017, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Actual availability, what DL is willing to sell now, and availability shown on EF are generally different. In particular, EF will show at most 9 seats in any fare bucket (and they are not additive, so Y9 B9 M9 doesn't mean that DL is willing to sell a total of 27 seats). Seat maps can show yet different numbers of open seats.
Old May 7, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Actual availability, what DL is willing to sell now, and availability shown on EF are generally different. In particular, EF will show at most 9 seats in any fare bucket (and they are not additive, so Y9 B9 M9 doesn't mean that DL is willing to sell a total of 27 seats). Seat maps can show yet different numbers of open seats.
And to add to this, the number that EF shows comes from a GDS. Global Distribution Systems, or GDSs, are the systems that travel agents use to sell tickets to their clients. The number in a bucket is actually the number of seats that the airline is willing to sell together as part of one transaction, which is usually capped at 9. Any transactions larger than that would be considered "group sales" and have special purchasing procedures.
Old May 13, 2017, 10:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Anyone else having trouble with DL searches on EF tonight? I contacted them but figured I'd see if it's just me.

Code:
The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This
is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information
from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again.
Does this happen when Saturday schedule changes are going on? Hope they haven't been cut off from DL info again...
Old May 13, 2017, 10:19 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Same Same, Zorry.
Old May 13, 2017, 10:27 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
EF at first gave me their standard "there are no issues, what is the exact search you are trying?" boilerplate response but after following up they said it is indeed related to Saturday schedule changes. (However I do appreciate the quick support response on a Saturday night!)
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Quick question: what is DL upgrade inventory (fare class) on TATL routes? The letter itself.

Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC it's still OP, but there have been some changes recently. I remember it as O for D1 award and upgrade inventory and P for SkyPesos, meaning instrument supported (miles or GUCs) upgrades.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:06 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I forget whether it's OP or OU, but either way it doesn't appear on ExpertFlyer (and I don't know if ExpertFlyer can even handle the concept of a two-character fare class).
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
I forget whether it's OP or OU, but either way it doesn't appear on ExpertFlyer (and I don't know if ExpertFlyer can even handle the concept of a two-character fare class).
OU = free elite upgrades, which don't apply for TATL routes (except maybe Iceland, which DL keeps changing in terms of cabin/booking/fare class and upgrade rules).
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not a single letter. OP bucket is used for miles/cert upgrades to D1. ExpertFlyer doesn't show this. It only shows low-level O availability for award bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.