Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DELTA (DL) Inventory Returns to ExpertFlyer (sans Upgrade Class Inventory)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond

May 31st, 2016

per ExpertFlyer:

"We’re happy to announce that as of today the previously missing DL data has been restored to ExpertFlyer. The only exception is DL Upgrade Class inventory that requires GDS access, which Delta is still not allowing us to use.

However regular fare class inventory/availability/alerting and all the other searches are available again for DL."
Old May 31, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I'm speechless...
Attached Images   
Old May 31, 2016, 11:33 pm

Programs: DL PM
This is good news indeed... Never really used EF, as I started flying DL a lot right about when they pulled most of the DL functionality. Is it worth the $100/year?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:01 am

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
"Please note: DL flights will only show when DL is the only airline specified in the Flight Availability search."

the return is certainly welcome.. wonder if they're going thru a weird channel for this..
Old Jun 1, 2016, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I was able to get both MCT and Fare rules on a basic test ...
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:53 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
I'm pleasantly stunned... just checked and it's back! Great news... I hope it sticks around!
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Glad to see this.... Wonder how long it will last.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Seat1A
"Please note: DL flights will only show when DL is the only airline specified in the Flight Availability search."

the return is certainly welcome.. wonder if they're going thru a weird channel for this..
They must be, as the search is not going through the GDS, which DL is still not allowing them to use. If this was DL change of heart, the searches would be going through the GDS like everything else, and upgrade inventory would be back too.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by javabytes
They must be, as the search is not going through the GDS, which DL is still not allowing them to use. If this was DL change of heart, the searches would be going through the GDS like everything else, and upgrade inventory would be back too.
Totally agree....but like delta is going to keep their award chart secret but yet show upgrade availability on EF...now that would be hell freezing over.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:02 am

Sounds good

this sounds fairly useful, but if not for checking upgrade space, what is its value added?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Halloweverybody
this sounds fairly useful, but if not for checking upgrade space, what is its value added?
Biggest value I see is for seeing available fare classes for Y SDC.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
It is a huge help with SDC's...which were practically not possible unless you got an agent willing to go the extra mile. It is always light years easier to call an agent and say "please do this for me" rather than "what are my options"...which tend to be limited to zero when left open to them.

I have also used it for VDBs to find alternative routings with availability to feed the agent. DL.com (and therefore DL agents) wont easily show you there is one F seat available on some convoluted routing that gets you home in one night...Expertflyer can. It has more than paid for itself with this availability.

Also, don't forget, they have a "basic" subscription that only costs $5/mo for the same availability info. ^
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Wow - we get an easing of YBYL policy and this in the same day. Big news from VA Ave today.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:48 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by rylan
I assume this also means that published fares are available too?
Yes, all data has returned except Upgrade inventory.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Yes, all data has returned except Upgrade inventory.
Thank you so much! Fantastic news.

I always like seeing revenue inventory for IROPS purposes and having the fare rules info.

I had learned to live without the upgrade inventory by using the Refundable Y trick as a reasonable proxy for certificate/miles upgrade.

But now that they Y doesn't get instantly upgraded, there's no way to see the upgrade inventory now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.