Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DELTA (DL) Inventory Returns to ExpertFlyer (sans Upgrade Class Inventory)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DELTA (DL) Inventory Returns to ExpertFlyer (sans Upgrade Class Inventory)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
It's likely that you selected to include Blocked seats in your alert, the data is accurate. In addition the GDS doesn't provide accurate data for certain DL EC seat maps.

We haven't seen an email from you with any more specifics about the alert so we can look it up for ourselves and help you. Please email us at customercare@
Sent you an email. This is for economy, not economy comfort, on a CRJ torture tube.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:18 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by javabytes
Sent you an email. This is for economy, not economy comfort, on a CRJ torture tube.
We looked at the flight information you sent us and the seats you want are showing as Occupied not Available. So they were available before, you were alerted, but then taken.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I renewed my subscription and have no problem with DL but can't get seat map info. Trouble is DL owns 49% of VS and there are a lot of codeshares which is a pain.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:38 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I renewed my subscription and have no problem with DL but can't get seat map info. Trouble is DL owns 49% of VS and there are a lot of codeshares which is a pain.
In the cases of codeshares request the seat map for the operating airline/flight.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Sorry, don't remember if this is covered upthread, but how reliable an indicator is it to do an EF search for R while wanting to know about RP?

That seemed to be the case today when calling DL and comparing EF looking at OKC-ATL/DTW/SLC on to SEA for Oct 19.

Last edited by Xeno; Aug 13, 2016 at 4:17 pm
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:24 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Just a data point on using ExpertFlyer for Delta, had recently set an alert for low-level business class availability on a flight which I had booked at a medium price level, and the alert came through today and after calling Delta was able to reissue my ticket and save me 60,000 miles. So that pays for a few months of EF subscription fees!

I was a bit concerned with how complicated and non-transparent DL award pricing has gotten that the EF alerts might not work, but in this case at least it did. So I'd certainly recommend that anyone booking an award at a higher-than-"low" price set an alert just in case the price goes down (especially for PMs and DMs who can reprice the award without any fees). You never know when you might score a deal.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
aircraft change alerts--thanks, EF!

Just got a couple of aircraft change alerts, MD-90 swapped for MD-88 and vice versa. My 11B and my 12D had become middle seats. I was able to relocate back to aisles. Thanks, EF!
Old Nov 12, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Xeno
Sorry, don't remember if this is covered upthread, but how reliable an indicator is it to do an EF search for R while wanting to know about RP?

That seemed to be the case today when calling DL and comparing EF looking at OKC-ATL/DTW/SLC on to SEA for Oct 19.
No one responded to this query above which I still think might be a slight indicator. Today I am also looking at fare availability for domestic flights where I might apply RUCs.

From a RM point of view, would flights three months from now that are already not only E0 but also G0 mean that RP will be held to latest hour possible?

I don't want to waitlist RUCs when the wrong segment might clear and I have two domestic segments on a GUC ticket to HKG that have my attention as well.

In any event, DL clearly would prefer I Tweet them often rather than utilize the data they once gave us with EF.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 11:32 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I don't want to waitlist RUCs when the wrong segment might clear and I have two domestic segments on a GUC ticket to HKG that have my attention as well.
As with GUCs, you can ask to waitlist specific segments only on a RUC and then extend the request after/if the key segment clears.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
No one responded to this query above which I still think might be a slight indicator. Today I am also looking at fare availability for domestic flights where I might apply RUCs.

From a RM point of view, would flights three months from now that are already not only E0 but also G0 mean that RP will be held to latest hour possible?

In any event, DL clearly would prefer I Tweet them often rather than utilize the data they once gave us with EF.
Today is Saturday. Never trust inventory that shows zero for flights more than a few weeks out on a Saturday. This is when schedule changes are loaded and they frequently will zero out buckets throughout the day.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:52 pm

Sort of on-topic, but I'd hate to open a whole new thread...

Could anyone check the inventory for the following two flights?
Route is SRQ-ATL, May 3rd.
Flights I'm interested in are DL2298 and DL2593. I don't really care about upgrade availability - I'm looking whether either of these are close to being overbooked. Both get me in Atlanta for my international connection in time, so I wouldn't mind risking extra time in ATL for a shot at voluntary bump from 2298 to 2593

Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Coach is wode open Y9 on both.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by klanfa
Sort of on-topic, but I'd hate to open a whole new thread...

Could anyone check the inventory for the following two flights?
Route is SRQ-ATL, May 3rd.
Flights I'm interested in are DL2298 and DL2593. I don't really care about upgrade availability - I'm looking whether either of these are close to being overbooked. Both get me in Atlanta for my international connection in time, so I wouldn't mind risking extra time in ATL for a shot at voluntary bump from 2298 to 2593

Thanks!
Selling F1/Y12 and F7/Y14 respectively. (that's not the actual availability)
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Widgets
Selling F1/Y12 and F7/Y14 respectively.
I learned something. Didnt know that DL system would show more then 9. I thought they were limited to 9 like everyone else.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:20 am

Thanks a lot to both of you! I'll be going for the more comfortable transfer in Atlanta then.

Also, just out of curiosity "that's not the actual availability"? Meaning that's the max EF will show for Delta or something else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.