FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DELTA (DL) Inventory Returns to ExpertFlyer (sans Upgrade Class Inventory) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1769447-delta-dl-inventory-returns-expertflyer-sans-upgrade-class-inventory.html)

Zorak May 31, 2016 3:10 pm

DELTA (DL) Inventory Returns to ExpertFlyer (sans Upgrade Class Inventory)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trav...l#post26707497

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice (Post 26707497)
We're happy to announce that as of today the previously missing DL data has been restored to ExpertFlyer. The only exception is DL Upgrade class inventory that requires GDS access, which Delta is still not allowing us to use.

However regular fare class inventory/availability/alerting and all the other searches (including Seat Maps/Alerts) are available again for DL. Please note, DL flights will only show when DL is the only airline specified in the Flight Availability search.

Xeno May 31, 2016 3:44 pm

Thanks for the alert, but I really, really to know OP inventory!

davetravels May 31, 2016 3:57 pm

Yeah, this is REALLY good news!

KVS does the job, but, it's not NEARLY efficient as EF. Sometimes, particularly for flights that are later in the day, I find that it may take a few queries to get what I need to know. EF seems to display it better - and - IIRC, on EF, you can specify connecting cities for availability.

My current KVS subscription is good til Feb. I'll hafto decide whether to spring for the $100 (?? I think??) now, or wait.

:)

jamesteroh May 31, 2016 4:33 pm

Great news. EF is very valuable for IROP's and SDCing

ClipperDelta May 31, 2016 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 26707677)

Warning, it's still "buggy" (or maybe it's intended to be this way), but if you want DL flights to show up under "Flight Availability", you need to specifically put "DL" in the "Airline(s)" field (and only DL). If you simply do a query with no airlines specified, DL will not show up in the list of flights. Also, if you specify DL as well as other airlines in the "Airline(s)" field (e.g., DL, AA, UA), DL will not show up either.

MSPeconomist May 31, 2016 5:01 pm

Definitely good news, although to me the most valuable EF data in the past was the upgrade inventory. However, I don't remember whether OP/RP was reported separately from OU/RU.

MSPeconomist May 31, 2016 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta (Post 26708187)
Warning, it's still "buggy" (or maybe it's intended to be this way), but if you want DL flights to show up under "Flight Availability", you need to specifically put "DL" in the "Airline(s)" field (and only DL). If you simply do a query with no airlines specified, DL will not show up in the list of flights. Also, if you specify DL as well as other airlines in the "Airline(s)" field (e.g., DL, AA, UA), DL will not show up either.

Does this mean that searching for SkyTeam flights won't show DL either?

Now I'm going to have to re-learn how parts of EF work, including codeshares.

IIRC at least for upgrade inventory searches, connections appeared that only had availability for one (usually the shortest) segment, so I'm wondering whether this aspect of the way EF displays flights can affect the parts that are visible now. In particular, could searching for G A P fares show connections in which one would be sitting in coach on some segments? Does anyone know?

ExpertFlyer Voice May 31, 2016 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta (Post 26708187)

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 26708216)
Does this mean that searching for SkyTeam flights won't show DL either?

Now I'm going to have to re-learn how parts of EF work, including codeshares.

IIRC at least for upgrade inventory searches, connections appeared that only had availability for one (usually the shortest) segment, so I'm wondering whether this aspect of the way EF displays flights can affect the parts that are visible now. In particular, could searching for G A P fares show connections in which one would be sitting in coach on some segments? Does anyone know?

This isn't a bug. Since the DL availability data is from a source other than the GDSs, it can't be combined with other airlines in the search. We noted this in our post on the main EF thread earlier and on the EF Flight Availability search results if you include "DL" anywhere in the search.

Zorak May 31, 2016 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice (Post 26708259)
Since the DL availability data is from a source other than the GDSs, it can't be combined with other airlines in the search. We noted this in our post on the main EF thread earlier and on the EF Flight Availability search results if you include "DL" anywhere in the search.

My apologies, I think that got edited in after I quoted it -- I have edited post #703 in this thread to match.

bgriff May 31, 2016 7:57 pm

Upgrade space would still be nice (and is one thing that would seem to be in Delta's interests to let customers see, since they give out that information freely anyway but it takes up CS agents' time to give it -- whereas some things like letting customers set alerts for when lower fares become available, I can see how Delta might have thought was not in their interests to allow EF to offer).

But there are multiple other useful features of ExpertFlyer that are good to have back for Delta fliers, so many thanks to the ExpertFlyer team for having found a way to make this work.

One particular favorite that I'd almost forgotten about since it hadn't been available for Delta for quite a while now: seat alerts.

MSPeconomist May 31, 2016 8:26 pm

I used EF to check MCTs for DL. It's hard to find them all via google and I don't trust agents to know how to check them. The usual response is that delta.dumb only offers legal connections, which I *know* isn't true.

gooselee May 31, 2016 8:32 pm

Awesome news. Just regular inventory is key for SDC.

MSPeconomist May 31, 2016 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 26709042)
Awesome news. Just regular inventory is key for SDC.

.....in coach. If you're ticketed with a G A P fare, you just need to see DL selling a FC seat.

gooselee May 31, 2016 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 26709054)
.....in coach. If you're ticketed with a G A P fare, you just need to see DL selling a FC seat.

Well, yes. But many of us do still find ourselves in the way back from time to time. ;)

rylan May 31, 2016 8:47 pm

Good news, but still disappointing that EF has to go to some 'other' method to get the inventory data since it means they can't display upgrade availability.

I assume this also means that published fares are available too?