Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:12 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Romaine, not iceberg.

Make it a kale and romaine blend. Add some faro if you must. It was merely an illustration of what Delta could serve that would be better than the pathetic sandwiches many of us get on domestic routes.
yeah, yeah... the point is that if Delta tried to serve you a plate of lettuce as a meal you would be penning about 900 posts here complaining about how pathetic it is. But since you're not vegetarian you don't think twice about deeming it sufficient for those people. You're literally the pickiest person on this forum but it's not because you're worried about delta's drooping standards in the general sense, it's only about the things that affect you personally.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
You're obviously not a vegetarian if you consider a ceasar salad to be an acceptable vegetarian meal. Once you remove the chicken it's like 95% iceberg lettuce.
Well, Hockey did used to claim that he was a vegetarian, but:

Hockey enjoying beef: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30581277-post2076.html

Hockey enjoying chicken: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30468637-post1959.html
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Well, Hockey did used to claim that he was a vegetarian, but:

Hockey enjoying beef: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30581277-post2076.html

Hockey enjoying chicken: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30468637-post1959.html
Pescatarian.

I've ate beef once or twice when there was no other option besides pork or pasta. I'll eat chicken on a salad.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Monday, I fly D1 OKC-ATL-AMS-OTP.

I have not received an email to pre-order my meal for ATL-AMS. Is this due to an IT glitch? Must I call in? The only thing I see online are special meals.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Xeno
Monday, I fly D1 OKC-ATL-AMS-OTP.

I have not received an email to pre-order my meal for ATL-AMS. Is this due to an IT glitch? Must I call in? The only thing I see online are special meals.
For a Monday flight, the email should arrive after 5-6 pm Eastern time Friday afternoon.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by mnbp
For a Monday flight, the email should arrive after 5-6 pm Eastern time Friday afternoon.
Thanks.

It has been so long that I thought the email would come 5 days in advance rather than 3. DL #72 leave ATL at 6 pm on Monday, if that matters.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Xeno
Thanks.

It has been so long that I thought the email would come 5 days in advance rather than 3. DL #72 leave ATL at 6 pm on Monday, if that matters.
It seems to work like medallion upgrades used to work - there seems to be a process that starts at about 5 pm Eastern each day, and marches through the schedule one flight at a time sending emails - for flights three days out. That's why this afternoon's run sends emails for flights departing on Monday.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Is there a way to ‘force’ DL to send the email?

I’m flying tomorrow (wed) LHR-JFK and realised I’ve not had an email yet.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
​​​​​My understanding is that they over-provision international flights -- not sure if they have 2 of everything, but there is at least some extra.

Domestic F would be a different story.
It could also be the case that there are a lot of nonrevs in D1 on the EZE flight. They get last choice, after all revenue customers get their choices.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Got the email for menu choice at 4:37 pm Monday for DL 46 JFK-AMS departing 4:34 on Thursday. Three of the items are 'sweet' seasoned -- honey jus on the chicken, sweet chili mustard on the fish, roasted onions on the risotto. Does sweet work better at altitude?

Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can always ask the purser/FA to omit the sauce/gravy or serve it on the side, in it's little aluminum foil container. Then you can control if and how much of it you eat if you're concerned.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You can always ask the purser/FA to omit the sauce/gravy or serve it on the side, in it's little aluminum foil container. Then you can control if and how much of it you eat if you're concerned.
Indeed, though I find it very tacky when they just serve the tin foil container on the side. They should really stock some small ramekins for this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Per press-release expanding to domestic:

https://news.delta.com/delta-give-mo...meals-they-fly

Delta customers travelling in the First Class cabin will soon have the option to choose their meal days in advance through the airline's popular pre-select meal program. This move follows rave reviews from both customers and flight attendants on Delta One routes where pre-select has been initially offered.Beginning this week, pre-select will expand to include mainline First Class flights* where meals are offered — including domestic First Class routes and select flights between the U.S. and Canada, the Caribbean and Latin America — bringing the number of daily flights eligible for pre-select from 200 to more than 1,000...

...Customers confirmed in the First Class cabin in eligible pre-select markets will see an email from Delta three days prior to their flight asking them to pick their first choice meal. All that's needed to participate is a valid email address, listed in the customer's SkyMiles account or in their passenger record.

Last edited by Duke787; Feb 4, 2019 at 11:10 am
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I got the offer to order on Sunday at 125 pm for flying Wed 125 pm AMS-DTW. But using Safari on an iPad wont allow a selection.
For me, not that big a deal — 3 of 4 entrees are acceptable.

Interesting, though — when I tried yesterday the entrees from left to right were beef, chicken, fish, veg
today the entrees left to right are fish, beef, veg, chicken.
Maybe DL is subtly trying to influence selections?

Last edited by mot29; Feb 4, 2019 at 11:13 am
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by mot29
I got the offer to order on Sunday at 125 pm for flying Wed 125 pm AMS-DTW. But using Safari on an iPad wont allow a selection.
For me, not that big a deal — 3 of 4 entrees are acceptable.

Interesting, though — when I tried yesterday the entrees from left to right were beef, chicken, fish, veg
today the entrees left to right are fish, beef, veg, chicken.
Maybe DL is subtly trying to influence selections?
I just got the offer on the short hop from JFK to ATL. The email referenced my “Delta One” meal, but naturally the app shows First Class as that’s not a D1 route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.