Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Deleted.

Last edited by jdrtravel; Feb 22, 2019 at 8:44 am Reason: no longer relevant after thread merge.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by shrop
If so, could it be that the flights were booked through Virgin Atlantic although I don’t see why that would make any difference given their partnership with Delta.
Are you accruing miles to Delta, or to VS?

All that’s needed to participate is a valid email address, listed in the customer’s SkyMiles account or in their passenger record.

https://news.delta.com/popular-pre-s...omers-globally
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:34 am

I’m accruing miles to VS. Both Delta and VS seem to have my email address so do I need to do anything else or will they email me eventually.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I’m accruing miles to VS. Both Delta and VS seem to have my email address so do I need to do anything else or will they email me eventually.

If you don't get an email at 72 hours before your flight I would call Delta prior to 24 hours before your flight and try to request a meal over the phone. You will need your Delta, not your VS, confirmation number. VS can give you this if you don't have it already.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:24 am

Thanks for the replies, Thursday 28th
I got the email last night for a flight on Sunday, 2/25. You have a few more days.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: DL DM
Got my email tonight to select a meal right after my upgrade cleared at T-72. When trying to choose the meal I receive an error page referring me to call the generic reservations number with error code "PCML." Has anyone had success calling in, or better yet Twitter?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
I like this idea and received my email for Monday's flight to ATL. Curious why we can't log on to Delta and order. I am assuming because DL.com is on the mainframe and ordering is via SFDC (aka Salesforce)? Annoying, because I don't like to open work computer or emails on the weekend.

But now I'm hungry for the darn meatballs. They are very tasty indeed.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:00 am

Maybe it's just me but I am still planning to eat in the airport before boarding and not worry about the Delta food.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Maybe it's just me but I am still planning to eat in the airport before boarding and not worry about the Delta food.
It’s not just you.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Got my email tonight to select a meal right after my upgrade cleared at T-72. When trying to choose the meal I receive an error page referring me to call the generic reservations number with error code "PCML." Has anyone had success calling in, or better yet Twitter?
Just following up on my previous post as a data-point to others. I sent DL a Twitter DM this morning explaining I was receiving an error when I tried to preselect my meal on an upcoming flight in Domestic F. They promptly said they could assist and asked which meal. I chose the Milanese Chicken (over a Mushroom Pasta). I provided my flight info and it is supposedly confirmed in my reservation. We shall see on Monday.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Upcoming RDU - MSP flight (515pm departure, 980 miles). 3rd time getting but didn't select / take picture in time (but wasn't in issue -- both flights had plenty of both options). They seem to have fixed the D1 bug (first 2 emails specifically called out DeltaOne despite being regular domestic F, this one does not). Going with the salad:

Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: DL DM, 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Did a SDC today for flight tomorrow, so my preselection is no longer valid. Called DM line. They could not see specific meal options and only told me I had a preselect choice of beef, chicken or pasta. @Delta said same thing,...

Anyone have a different experience with preselect meals with SDC?

Anyone on on 1074 tomorrow ATL-SJC that received the email with the the actual meal choices?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:49 pm

Flying from Los Angeles to Orlando in First Class on Wednesday 2/27. I was under impression you can order your meal starting 3 days before flight which would have been Sunday afternoon. I have not received an email yet and contacted delta through twitter. They said that route hasn't rolled out the pre-order yet. Has anyone flown this route yet? Also, the press release made it sound that all first-class markets with meal service have been rolled out.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
I'm in the 3 day window for den-atl and no email yet to select my meal.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by mchunter78
Flying from Los Angeles to Orlando in First Class on Wednesday 2/27. I was under impression you can order your meal starting 3 days before flight which would have been Sunday afternoon. I have not received an email yet and contacted delta through twitter. They said that route hasn't rolled out the pre-order yet. Has anyone flown this route yet? Also, the press release made it sound that all first-class markets with meal service have been rolled out.
I guess Delta hasn’t rolled out the preorder to all first class flights as the press release suggests. I’ve gotten two different answers from Delta. One occasion they said the route has not rolled out yet for preorder and the second occasion they said it’s only for delta one passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.