Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:58 am

737-900ER no meal choice

from DTW-SRQ 4 days from now, no option to select meal. I thought it was odd....
Old Jan 22, 2024, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by davewalsh
from DTW-SRQ 4 days from now, no option to select meal. I thought it was odd....
Could SRQ be a "sad box" station? One where full meal service isn't available and they only have snack boxes instead. Just a thought.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 7:44 pm

Must be the case.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hertz PC, National EE, Bonvoy TE, GE, CLEAR
Just to add a data point. Have a flight in a few days LAS-JFK on a neo and no preselection for a meal is available. The agent did list me all the special meals available though so clearly its not something they are trained on. I had to find this thread to even remember this as something that was/is a thing.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
I am soon flying LAX to CDG on Delta one Metal. I booked the flight through AF. Is it still possible for me to pre-order my meal?
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:17 pm

Flying LAX to CDG Delta one.there are 2 meals of interest to me. The meatballs and the chicken part. Any suggestions between those choices?
Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta 360 and Two Million Miler, Air Canada 25k, Marriott Ambassador and Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Srklaw7
I am soon flying LAX to CDG on Delta one Metal. I booked the flight through AF. Is it still possible for me to pre-order my meal?
You can usually obtain the Delta confirmation # from Air France for your flight, add it into the Delta App, and then select your meal that way. This is what I have done in the past.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 2:52 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
Inoperable oven

How many miles does DL usually throw out when an inoperable oven prevents those from receiving their preselected hot meal? Does it depend on flight time or some other criteria?
Old Mar 31, 2024, 3:51 pm

Sorry the meals choices Italian meatballs or chicken Parmesan and salmon, Ora vegetarian dish. Has anyone recently flown this LAX -CDG Delta one flight and can comment about either the chicken or the mealballs?
Old Apr 25, 2024, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, upcoming 321neo flight and no preorder option still.

Do they use FEBO? I’m row 2 on even so should be good.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
FWIW, upcoming 321neo flight and no preorder option still.

Do they use FEBO? I’m row 2 on even so should be good.
Row 1 or 2 is good for an even flight. I prefer row 3 for an odd flight, in case FEBO is not followed.
mbluecpa, GagaPilot and hhdl like this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 8:02 am

Hi All,

Have a flight from JFK to Madrid on May 1. No pre-selection email, no view in web or App. Any insight if the delay is related to the Do&Co transition happening at JFK?
Old Apr 26, 2024, 3:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
I got an email to select my meal for JFK to FCO for May 3, but when I clicked on it, there were no selections listed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.