Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2023, 6:22 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM/Diamond Elite, United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite/LT Platinum
Anyone tried the miso black cod option ("limited selection") from HND-DTW?
Old May 3, 2023, 8:20 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by PrincipalAgentProblem
I'm currently experiencing the same, also ex-JFK 739. .
Originally Posted by mridley2
yup. i'm on JFK-SAN for next saturday. upgraded today at the window.... Meal selection prompt is there but it is blank. this is a 737-800
I did finally receive an email the day prior to departure, but the issue remained (could not access menu at all from the email link). I ended up attempting to resolve via chat (didn't work), then called the Medallion line. The rep couldn't see the menu, but after digging a bit offered to put in a general preference, if I had one. I said "beef", figuring there was a decent chance of something beefy on the menu. The app button subsequently updated from "Select" to "Change" entree, but the only option visible remained skip the meal.

Day of departure, I opted to hedge with a Nathan's hotdog, charcuterie and a really tasty pasta dish in the SkyClub...but, sure enough, once onboard, the FA asked if I had pre-ordered the "short rib" (ended up being quite good).

Last edited by NYC Flyer; May 3, 2023 at 8:21 am Reason: gr
Old May 3, 2023, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
I spoke to multiple Delta text message agents today and after a few minutes "Bob, Customer Experience Supervisor" confirmed. "Our pre-select information is not available at this time, and i would not be able to provide a time frame when this would be available."
not sure how widespread this is but seems to effect more than just 737X aircraft. .. well i have seat in row 2 on an odd # flight so maybe FEBO will treat me well. Also when I get my PDB I'll ask the FA to "save a steak for me, please". haha. gotta work all the angles.
Old May 13, 2023, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta 2.6 MM/FC/PM
Select your meal before your flight.

Last night I received an email to select my meal before next Friday night's (May 19th) flight to Keflavik. I click on the link and select my entree and then this message pops up:

WE'RE SORRY
The deadline to preselect your meal preference for your upcoming flight to KEF has passed. You will still be able to select your meal on board.

Very weird to have such a short deadline.

Last edited by landrover; May 13, 2023 at 10:42 am Reason: Spelling
Old May 13, 2023, 11:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by landrover
Last night I received an email to select my meal before next Friday night's (May 19th) flight to Keflavik. I click on the link and select my entree and then this message pops up:

WE'RE SORRY
The deadline to preselect your meal preference for your upcoming flight to KEF has passed. You will still be able to select your meal on board.

Very weird to have such a short deadline.
The deadline hasn’t actually passed. Try viewing your itinerary on the Fly Delta app. There should be a button in My Trips that says “Select your Entrée.”
Old May 13, 2023, 2:09 pm

Nothing. I think Delta made a mistake sending that email. I appreciate your help. Thanks.
Old May 13, 2023, 4:58 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Might be a new bug. I was unable to select my meal for a few days up until yesterday my flights today. It would give me that error on the website and on the app it would only give me the option to optout.
Old May 13, 2023, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
What cabin are yiu booked in to KEF? KEF front cabin is only PS. There is no F/D1. Likely causing issues.
Old May 14, 2023, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by flyerCO
What cabin are yiu booked in to KEF? KEF front cabin is only PS. There is no F/D1. Likely causing issues.
??? JFK-KEF is on the 75S with a D1 cabin:

And these should be the preselection options for D1 ex-JFK:
Old May 14, 2023, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by truncated
??? JFK-KEF is on the 75S with a D1 cabin:

And these should be the preselection options for D1 ex-JFK:
Historically KEF has been PS on the 199 seat 757s in the summer months, so it wasn't crazy for that user to suggest that.
Old May 14, 2023, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BostonPlanesAndTrains
Historically KEF has been PS on the 199 seat 757s in the summer months, so it wasn't crazy for that user to suggest that.
This may be why Preselect isn't working.
Old May 14, 2023, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by BostonPlanesAndTrains
"KEF front cabin is only PS. There is no F/D1" isn't phrased as a suggestion though, it's a statement of fact, but what do I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old May 14, 2023, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by truncated
"KEF front cabin is only PS. There is no F/D1" isn't phrased as a suggestion though, it's a statement of fact, but what do I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
KEF has only PS nowadays. There's no D1 or First cabin to KEF. The fact there is a D1 cabin is new, but what do I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In fact there was a thread about this very topic just a few days ago. User was confused why there was no D1/F cabin to KEF.
Old May 15, 2023, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
KEF has only PS nowadays. There's no D1 or First cabin to KEF. The fact there is a D1 cabin is new, but what do I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In fact there was a thread about this very topic just a few days ago. User was confused why there was no D1/F cabin to KEF.

My reservation shows "Delta One". Even the seat map states Delta One and the equipment is a 757-200.
Old May 21, 2023, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Update: the end of last week I was on JFK-LAS and got upgraded to F about 36 hours out. Woke up to a nice upgrade email from Delta. lo and behold I check the Delta app and I have that dubious pre-select entree button. Well I clicked it and I was able to select a meal for both myself and companion. We enjoyed the burger... nice meal. This was a 737-900ER. So perhaps Delta has worked out the kinks... here's hoping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.