Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2022, 1:38 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
My GF and are flying Delta next week, SEA-KOA and LIH-SEA. Both paid FC and both in the A321neo. We are given a system error when attempting to pre-select our meals through the app, which appears to be a common issue. Is there any point In contacting DL customer service or no?
Old Jan 1, 2023, 6:40 am

Programs: DL Platinum+1MM, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Can select domestic meal F DEN-ATL but not D1 ATL-JNB, 4 days out from travel

I read through the more recent posts since mid November in this thread and there definitely seems to be some fundamental IT glitch Delta hasn't thought through! I'm flying DEN-ATL-JNB in 4 days, and never got any email for either flight. On the Delta App I can preselect the DEN-ATL meal in First, but there is no option to select the meals ATL-JNB in Delta One (same ticket, same day of travel, normal connection time of about 2.5 hours in ATL). I also tried one workaround posted in the thread earlier, to scroll down to the ATL-JNB flight and click on my name and then click on the Change Entree small blue link ... after the app thinks for a few seconds, it consistently errors as "Oops! We're Sorry ... There was an error in dispatching the request."
Old Jan 29, 2023, 4:46 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
I have a JFK-LAX and SFO-JFK D1 flight next weekend. Used RUCs for both and the tickets were reissued. When I tap on select your entree for JFK-LAX, “There was an error in dispatching the request” shows up while for SFO-JFK, the menu shows up. Anyone have any idea why I keep getting the error message for the flight to LAX?
Old Jan 29, 2023, 7:58 am
AFW

Same issue

I had the same problem a couple months ago. Apparently there was an issue in applying the RUC. I called in and the Delta representative was able to correct the problemd. QUOTE=xjaehyun;34966901]I have a JFK-LAX and SFO-JFK D1 flight next weekend. Used RUCs for both and the tickets were reissued. When I tap on select your entree for JFK-LAX, “There was an error in dispatching the request” shows up while for SFO-JFK, the menu shows up. Anyone have any idea why I keep getting the error message for the flight to LAX?[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 29, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: Delta PM
2/3 - ATL-MSP Breakfast options
Old Jan 29, 2023, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by AFW
I had the same problem a couple months ago. Apparently there was an issue in applying the RUC. I called in and the Delta representative was able to correct the problemd. QUOTE=xjaehyun;34966901]I have a JFK-LAX and SFO-JFK D1 flight next weekend. Used RUCs for both and the tickets were reissued. When I tap on select your entree for JFK-LAX, “There was an error in dispatching the request” shows up while for SFO-JFK, the menu shows up. Anyone have any idea why I keep getting the error message for the flight to LAX?
[/QUOTE]

I called Delta and the rep said the ticket was reissued correctly, as I thought it was when I switched flights. What’s odd is that the rep can’t even see the pre-select option in her computer. I was told I could try waiting 72hrs before the flight or wait for the pre-select email. Either way it’s no big deal, as I’m sure I’ll eat something in the lounge prior to the flight.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 7:54 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Echoing the few posts above, I have been unable to choose my meal for an upcoming D1 flight this week. It was upgraded with a RUC. I have been on the phone for over an hour while they work to get my ticket reissued. Definitely want to take care of this before you get to the airport! I can't believe that my inability to order a meal is the only way to tell that my ticket is messed up.

Edit from last night: The ticket was successfully reissued however I am still not able to see the menu or select a meal. They were able to do it for me over the phone though. JFK-HNL for what it is for worth.

Last edited by pgh234; Jan 30, 2023 at 9:27 am
Old Jan 29, 2023, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Odd -- I'm flying out west next weekend (SJC, no D1 availability so going to SJC via ATL because it's closer to my final destination anyway) and my ticket has not been reissued but I have no issue with selecting my meal. Must be a D1 specific issue
Old Jan 31, 2023, 6:37 am

I'm having a similar issue. My JFK to CUN flight was upgraded utilizing a RUC and I could not select a meal prior to and after the proper reticketing to first class. The Delta representatives cannot see the menu online. They said they can only put in general requests for special meals. Has anyone found a solution?
Old Jan 31, 2023, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Ankster
I'm having a similar issue. My JFK to CUN flight was upgraded utilizing a RUC and I could not select a meal prior to and after the proper reticketing to first class. The Delta representatives cannot see the menu online. They said they can only put in general requests for special meals. Has anyone found a solution?

I’m still not able to choose my meal on my JFK-LAX flight in D1 while I was able to choose meal for my SFO-JFK D1 flight. So who knows what’s going with Delta’s IT 😑
Old Jan 31, 2023, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by xjaehyun
I’m still not able to choose my meal on my JFK-LAX flight in D1 while I was able to choose meal for my SFO-JFK D1 flight. So who knows what’s going with Delta’s IT 😑
I'm not sure how accurate this is but I spoke to a Delta customer service representative who said they have an internal article stating that preselection for all flights out of JFK are undergoing an issue.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:45 pm

I'm not sure how accurate this is but I spoke to a Delta customer service representative who said they have an internal article stating that preselection for all flights out of JFK are undergoing an issue.

Thanks for that bit of update, Ankster. At least I’m not alone with this issue.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 7:18 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
I am having that exact issue. Flying JFK-LAS next Monday, 2/6. I have not gotten the usual e-mail asking me to choose my entree. When I go into the app, "select your entree" is there, but when I click it I get the following message:
"Oop! We're Sorry...
There was an error in dispatching the request"

When I go on the desktop site there is nothing.

Guess I will be choosing my meal on board.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:18 am

Preordering seems to be back for passengers flying out of JFK. Downside is that at least for me, there only one option, Marta’s chicken meatballs on JFK-LAX.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by xjaehyun
Preordering seems to be back for passengers flying out of JFK. Downside is that at least for me, there only one option, Marta’s chicken meatballs on JFK-LAX.
I can confirm that it is back for my flight as well. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do if there is no vegetarian option? I have indicated that I would like a vegetarian option via the special meals selection but the menu doesn't have an actual corresponding option. I'm only seeing chicken meatballs or kielbasa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.