Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2023, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by landrover
My reservation shows "Delta One". Even the seat map states Delta One and the equipment is a 757-200.
You're not imagining things . JFK-KEF is indeed D1 marketed on 75S equipment these days. Only MSP-KEF route is PS marketed upfront on domestic FC 757s.

Old May 22, 2023, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xliioper
You're not imagining things . JFK-KEF is indeed D1 marketed on 75S equipment these days. Only MSP-KEF route is PS marketed upfront on domestic FC 757s.

Last i knew JFK-KEF was still on a regular 757. For reference, schedule for next year is loaded with a non-D1 757.

Last edited by flyerCO; May 22, 2023 at 2:29 am
Old May 22, 2023, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by landrover
My reservation shows "Delta One". Even the seat map states Delta One and the equipment is a 757-200.
For now then they are indeed flying a D1 equipped 757. However KEF normally only gets non-D1 equipped 757s. It looks like they upgraded JFK-KEF for this summer/early Fall. However next year's schedule does show non-D1 757 equipped flights.

If DL runs short of equipment, (IRROPS, etc) JFK-KEF will likely be the 1st downgraded. Nothing really different from JFK-SEA that alternates between D1 and First Class. The main difference being SEA gets D1 more often than KEF.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 11:30 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Has anyone come up with a fix for the second segment meal selection issue? I tried the scroll down and click on name associated with second flight trick but no dice.

I've encountered it three times in the past month where I can only select the meal for the first flight.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
Has anyone come up with a fix for the second segment meal selection issue? I tried the scroll down and click on name associated with second flight trick but no dice.

I've encountered it three times in the past month where I can only select the meal for the first flight.
For me the only success I’ve had with a second segment meal preselection is doing it via the email link (assuming one arrives).
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I think I may have unintentionally found a way to order for the second segment. Within 24 hours of my first flight's departure, the entree option for SFO-ATL was no longer available as expected, but the entree selection for ATL-GRU (which was still >24 hours) magically appeared.
GagaPilot and hhdl like this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 3:12 pm

I’m flying FRA-DTW in D1.
The main meal pre-select choices have selections that work well for me. But both options for the smaller pre-landing meal contain meat, which I do not eat.
Is it possible to both pre-select one of the regular choices for the main meal and also request a vegetarian option for the second meal?
thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2023, 6:15 am

D1 Meal Pre-Select DTW-LHR July 1, 2023

Received email and option appeared in app 7 days out

Entree options:
  • Braised Beef Short Rib
  • Chicken Tikka Masala
  • Ricotta and Kale Lasagna (Vegetarian)
  • Roasted Lamb Shank (*Limited)
  • Roasted Salmon (*Limited)

* “Exclusive entrée options curated for this market and only available when ordered 24 hours prior to departure”

Also listed with dinner -
  • Vegan Tomato Soup
  • Radicchio and Frisée Salad
  • Sourdough Roll
  • Dessert:
    • White Chocolate Raspberry Tart
    • Ice Cream Sundae
    • Fruit and Cheese Plate

Pre-Arrival:
  • Ricotta and Spinach Omelet
  • Chia Coconut Pudding
Old Jul 14, 2023, 7:32 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
DL669 7/17

Flying DL669 (JFK-LAS) in F this coming Monday 7/17.

No e-mail to choose my entree. I also double checked the site and the app, no option to choose there either.

Guess I will be choosing on the fly (so to speak!).
Old Jul 14, 2023, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MW147
Flying DL669 (JFK-LAS) in F this coming Monday 7/17.

No e-mail to choose my entree. I also double checked the site and the app, no option to choose there either.

Guess I will be choosing on the fly (so to speak!).
Unfortunately, no preselect on the A321NEO's (noted frequently on this thread -- Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2023 Edition)
MW147 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 11:23 am

I'm flying DL1241 TPA-JFK on Tuesday afternoon and the FlyDelta app errors out when I try to select a meal. I used the "message us" option to speak with someone after the AI nonsense and the best they could do was to tell me it's a Sandwich or Salad (I picked Sandwich). Anyone know what specific Sandwich is served on this route? Also, is this an isolated app issue or something larger?
Old Jul 23, 2023, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slobass
I'm flying DL1241 TPA-JFK on Tuesday afternoon and the FlyDelta app errors out when I try to select a meal. I used the "message us" option to speak with someone after the AI nonsense and the best they could do was to tell me it's a Sandwich or Salad (I picked Sandwich). Anyone know what specific Sandwich is served on this route? Also, is this an isolated app issue or something larger?
Lunch options for TPA-JFK should be the ones found here --
https://firstclass.mydeltamenu.com/Core-HM/
slobass likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 6:14 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Crabcakes

Just preordered the Crabcakes..have I made a horrible mistake?
Old Jul 26, 2023, 12:14 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by gretchendz
Assume you’re talking about the crab cakes out of JFK for transatlantic?
They’re quite good actually- substantial amount of crab meat, and the sides are nice too

gretchendz and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by gretchendz
i agree with above, crab cakes are delicious.
gretchendz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.