Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2023 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2023, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
New menu link:
Code:
https://menu.delta.com/

Current 2023 First Class meal service status -- FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings (except those operated by an A321neo), while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles.

Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

All D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station). Market/Bistro snack boxes are served on flights that are AM return flights to hubs from previous evening arrivals (as the cold meal boxes would require refrigeration overnight ):
ABQ, AUA, ASE, BOI, BTV, BZN, COS, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, HDN, JAC, JAX, LIH, MCI, MTJ, NAS, OAK, OMA, PLS, PSC, PSP, PUJ, PVD, PWM, SAL, SAT, STT, SXM, TUS, VPS, YYC, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Click here for the 2022 version of this thread

Old (pre-September 2023) menus:
Link to International and HNL D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/ (replace airport codes as appropriate; includes JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO on flights with domestic F)

Link to Domestic F Menus:
Flights departing ATL/BOS/HNL/JFK/LAX/SEA: https://firstclass.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-HM/ (replace airport codes as appropriate*)
All other departures: https://firstclass.mydeltamenu.com/Core-HM/
*No link for DTW but the menu should be the same as ex-BOS

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2023, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist

New year, new thread.

DFW-LAX A320. Short Rib:

LAX-DFW A320. Meatballs:

sspontak and Sealink like this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 12:22 am

OGG-LAX
B767-300
Chicken salad
sspontak and Sealink like this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 12:25 am

Beef Cheeks out of DTW:

it tasted better than it looks.
sspontak, Sealink, boss315 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by LouNanne
Beef Cheeks out of DTW:
it tasted better than it looks.
Glad to hear. I selected this meal for a flight out of DTW early next week, and I've never had it before.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
New year, new thread.

LAX-DFW A320. Meatballs:
I had these on my last flight of LAX and while I liked the sound of them I just didn't enjoy them at all. I'm a big fan of garlic but for my taste they just had WAY too much; completely overpowered the dish. Will likely still give them another shot as I'm hoping it was a one-off.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by DLHubber
Glad to hear. I selected this meal for a flight out of DTW early next week, and I've never had it before.
I also had this last week. Very savory.
I think DL should offer something like this on every flight instead of going -too- fancy with their "cold spiced" and "impossible" options last fall.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dcadwell
I had these on my last flight of LAX and while I liked the sound of them I just didn't enjoy them at all. I'm a big fan of garlic but for my taste they just had WAY too much; completely overpowered the dish. Will likely still give them another shot as I'm hoping it was a one-off.
Oh, wow. In my experience, the meatballs themselves actually were rather light and fairly unseasoned; the flavor came from the marinara sauce which I thought was quite nice. The garlic flavor that I got was from the toast. I like ordering them out of LAX and wouldn't hesitate to opt for them again.
doubleA likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
Oh, wow. In my experience, the meatballs themselves actually were rather light and fairly unseasoned; the flavor came from the marinara sauce which I thought was quite nice. The garlic flavor that I got was from the toast. I like ordering them out of LAX and wouldn't hesitate to opt for them again.
That's what I had hoped for! It was almost as if someone went rogue with the garlic in the marinara as it came LOADED with shaved garlic. I do agree that the toast was indeed quite nice.

I'm definitely going to give them another go on my next LAX-outbound.
doubleA and matchbox20_is like this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by DLHubber
Me too, for a flight this coming Sunday. Wasn't enamored with any of the choices (below) but your pic looks decent.

(Menu DTW-SAN)
Old Jan 3, 2023, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Chicken and Mozzarella Salad. Was served this today on my flight ATL-SAL. First time with Delta and was a bit taken aback. Fly to Central America regularly with AA and UL who both serve hot meals with salads, sides, bread, etc. DL was only choice available for travel today when I booked late last night. Is this usual for a 3+ hour flight? Food wasn't bad but size was a joke, about the size you'd expect for an appetizer on other airlines.

ATL-SAL
Old Jan 3, 2023, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by FAA1996
Is this usual for a 3+ hour flight?
No, not at all. That’s what we refer to as a “sad box” around here. They were all we had for quite a while during Covid, and they are still a thing on some routes.
FAA1996 and cmd320 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
MCI-LAX on 12/31 at 7am departure.
Snack box...
Old Jan 3, 2023, 8:51 pm

Some of those actually don’t look too bad for a flight meal.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kxc262
MCI-LAX on 12/31 at 7am departure.
Snack box...
MCI is one of the stations stuck on sad boxes. GEG, ELP, all the Canadian stations, I hope someone can replicate the Wiki on this thread.

Originally Posted by FAA1996
Travel UA and AA a lot, they provide club access when traveling to Central America but just bought my first DL flight ever and was turned away at club (told access when flying to Central America is only on Delta One which doesn't exist for that market.)
Interesting they do not match their competitors on this. Not an option for me goimg forward.
Why did you fly DL? I'm very curious.

Last edited by matchbox20_is; Jan 4, 2023 at 8:43 am
Old Jan 3, 2023, 10:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
DTW-SEA
B739
GFML

Main entree was meh. Portion seemed a bit uneven - too much polenta and not enough of everything else (veggies, sauce, or protein). FA wasn't sure what was in the meatballs, so I skipped that. Salad and fruit were reasonably fresh. Other (standard) options included a beef cheek dish, mushroom pasta, and a chicken salad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.