Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I got an email today for Sunday's JFK-ATL flight. It called it a Delta One flight which it obviously isn't but it was nice to get the choices.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:07 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by CMK10
I got an email today for Sunday's JFK-ATL flight. It called it a Delta One flight which it obviously isn't but it was nice to get the choices.
​​​​​​Same for me, for DTW-SFO on Sunday and another report over in the meal thread:

Originally Posted by jrl767
got a "Select Your Delta One Meal Before Your SEA Flight" last night ... except I was booked on DL1464, a 753 operating MSP-SEA on Fri night
I would love D1 even if it was just the hard product, as mine is currently a 739...
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Got my meal selection email Tuesday (2/5) for my F 752 SNA>DTW flight today (2/8), so it’s definitely in place now.

Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Got my meal selection email Tuesday (2/5) for my F 752 SNA>DTW flight today (2/8), so it’s definitely in place now.

Umm ... what was it?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Umm ... what was it?
Lame choices. Antipasto or Chicken “Schwarma” (chicken with rice).

Edible, but hardly worth the effort to choose.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I changed D1 SEA>JFK from Sat 9-Feb to Sun 10-Feb due to the SEA weather waiver and my desire not to get stuck there. I know my pre-ordered meal choice didn't make it to the new flight, although it's same flight/plane/cabin (D1), just one day forward. I thought maybe I'd get the pre-order form today (2 days prior) since I booked the change after the 3 day prior, but I didn't. Can I call to pre-order or am I SOL?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 6:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bergamini
I changed D1 SEA>JFK from Sat 9-Feb to Sun 10-Feb due to the SEA weather waiver and my desire not to get stuck there. I know my pre-ordered meal choice didn't make it to the new flight, although it's same flight/plane/cabin (D1), just one day forward. I thought maybe I'd get the pre-order form today (2 days prior) since I booked the change after the 3 day prior, but I didn't. Can I call to pre-order or am I SOL?
You could always request a special meal. You only need 24 hours for that request.

I don't understand why Delta needs 24 hours for special meals, which theoretically take more planning, but up to three days for pre-selection of standard meals.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
I don't understand why Delta needs 24 hours for special meals, which theoretically take more planning, but up to three days for pre-selection of standard meals.
Their app still lists a 6 hour cutoff for all meals except 3 of them.

Having said that, the text is an error and it should be 24. I have called less than 24 but more than 6 and all they could do was file an IT ticket [which still hasn't been fixed yet, btw].
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I'd like to see them add a vegetarian option as a third option for standard domestic F meals, so you could see what it is, rather than having to use the special meal feature for this. I say this because the standard vegetarian meal covers a lot of dietary needs for a lot of people .
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I'd like to see them add a vegetarian option as a third option for standard domestic F meals, so you could see what it is, rather than having to use the special meal feature for this. I say this because the standard vegetarian meal covers a lot of dietary needs for a lot of people .
On many flights with Delta One business-class, the standard vegetarian meal seems to be mostly pasta.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
On many flights with Delta One business-class, the standard vegetarian meal seems to be mostly pasta.
As I clearly stated, I'm writing about domestic F, and did I inquire about what vegetarian meals usually are (I know what they usually are on D1 flights). Just try to avoid a pesky non sequitur like that, OK?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: A3*G, FB plat, BA silver, Hilton diamond, IHG diamond
Didn't get any notification of pre ordering on d1 LHR-ATL and the first ATL-SAN and same return sectors. Flights booked on delta app Virgin codeshare flights but all choices available
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Or add a cheese plate like AA does....not strictly vegetarian, but a nice third option.

Last edited by BamaGirl; Feb 13, 2019 at 11:38 am
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Just chose scrambled eggs over French toast for my first class flight from JFK-MEX on 2/16.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond
I cleared at the gate twice yesterday, which means I was screwed for meal choice. I don't eat eggs, so was stuck picking around an omelet and scrambled eggs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.