Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:04 am

Probably old news but I haven't read this thread in a while and I'm not going to read them all before posting ... However, the original announcement included Brussels from only JFK. We're D1 on Thursday from ATL to BRU and received an email to preorder our meal early this morning. So it looks like they've expanded a bit from the announcement anyway....
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by NoleATL
Probably old news but I haven't read this thread in a while and I'm not going to read them all before posting ... However, the original announcement included Brussels from only JFK. We're D1 on Thursday from ATL to BRU and received an email to preorder our meal early this morning. So it looks like they've expanded a bit from the announcement anyway....
Indeed, it was announced in May and is in effect since 1 June 2018;

https://news.delta.com/pick-your-pla...ational-routes
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I don't think I saw this posted yet, but I just received pre-select for an upcoming JFK-LAX TCON. It's the usual menu choices (two meats or a pasta).
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bennos
I don't think I saw this posted yet, but I just received pre-select for an upcoming JFK-LAX TCON. It's the usual menu choices (two meats or a pasta).
That's too bad. It would have been nice if pre-ordering gave you access to something different.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by bennos
And to follow up, my BP printed out with "SPECIAL MEAL REQUESTED", but the FA had no idea about the program. (I ended up with my choice anyway, but by the time she got to the D seats for ordering one of the options was gone.)
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
My next three flights do not get the pre-select which is disappointing: JFL-ACC (Wed); SEA-HKG (early Sept); ATL-GIG (Oct).
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I was not offered a Pre select option for my three recent D1 flights: PHX-DTW , PRG-JFK, or JFK-PHX.
​​​​​​
I did get my first choice but I like when I can select consistently ahead of time on AA.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by Gig103
I was not offered a Pre select option for my three recent D1 flights: PHX-DTW , PRG-JFK, or JFK-PHX.
​​​​​​
I did get my first choice but I like when I can select consistently ahead of time on AA.
PHX-DTW and JFK-PHX are both Domestic First Class routes, not D1, so there is no pre-selection. I believe D1 meal choice is only available when departing from the USA, and not on the way back (from https://news.delta.com/pick-your-pla...ational-routes)
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by manacit
PHX-DTW and JFK-PHX are both Domestic First Class routes, not D1, so there is no pre-selection. I believe D1 meal choice is only available when departing from the USA, and not on the way back (from https://news.delta.com/pick-your-pla...ational-routes)
Well that explains why - still the title says "1st class" which is why I reported my domestic routes.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Gig103
Well that explains why - still the title says "1st class" which is why I reported my domestic routes.

This thread was started a long time ago when it was first announced that DL would roll out this option. At that time, I think they indicated that it would be in both F and J. I hope that is still the plan at some point, but that explains the title.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:09 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I was sent the email for next weeks trip to BRU. I am traveling with my wife and don't see any way she can also choose her meal in advance without the link. Can this be done?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:32 pm

I still do not get why pre-booking is so important. Its the same selecrion as on the menu and I usually get my first choice anyway. If I do not -- not a big deal. If flight offers pre-select, I feel pressure to pre-select because I think there will be less options compared to flights that do not offer pre-select. Last two fligts when I had pre-select, I was not offered a menu and had to ask for it (there is breakfast and apeerizer options besides pre-select) which is small but annoyance. On last flight I was pretty full before flight and wanted to change from pre-selected option to something lighter - FA promised to check and get back to me and never did.

I would love if pre-select offered special items like on SQ book the cook menu, but selection from the same menu I just do not see why Delta would even bother with all additional logistics etc.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:15 am

so when should i be able to select my meal? flying D1 DTW to LHR on friday
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:17 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by omaralt
so when should i be able to select my meal? flying D1 DTW to LHR on friday
I got the email Sat for a Tues flight.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:18 am

I usually fly on Wednesday and get the email Sunday so I would assume you will get the email tomorrow for friday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.