Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:28 am

seems weird that we have to wait for this magical email. on AA it was very easy; you log into your account and you have the option right there. i'm sure delta will get there eventually
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by omaralt
seems weird that we have to wait for this magical email. on AA it was very easy; you log into your account and you have the option right there. i'm sure delta will get there eventually
Well, only within 30 days of departure (up until T-24h).
But being only able to do it from an email link on DL seems weak.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Well, only within 30 days of departure (up until T-24h).
But being only able to do it from an email link on DL seems weak.
exactly. and if one accidentally deletes this email? you should have the option when you login to your account
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
So (sorry lost in all of the crossfile) the thread title and OP reference First Class being able to preselect meals.

Is this even in DL's plans, or does the title need editing?

David
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I'm pretty sure Delta said pre-ordering on domestic flights would be possible by the end of this year. It's now August and, yeah, it's not happening.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by DiverDave
So (sorry lost in all of the crossfile) the thread title and OP reference First Class being able to preselect meals.

Is this even in DL's plans, or does the title need editing?

David
I think so:
By the end of 2018, Delta plans to continue to expand pre-select, offering the technology in both First Class and Delta Premium Select.

https://news.delta.com/delta-offer-d...n-other-cabins
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:01 am

so i received the email today (tuesday 8/28) for my flight on friday 8/31. here are the choices.. anything stand out? anything i should avoid?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:12 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
so i received the email today (tuesday 8/28) for my flight on friday 8/31. here are the choices.. anything stand out? anything i should avoid?
Same choices as ATL-BRU. I'm doing the beef.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Tomphot
Same choices as ATL-BRU. I'm doing the beef.
i haven't had great luck with beef; went with the chicken but i have another 48 hrs to change
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver

I'd go for the halibut or take your chances and order a special meal.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: DL-PM
Regarding Pre-selecting meals is there any significant dis-advantage to not selecting ahead of time? Am I just risking not having my preferred choice available (despite meh options)?

Second, the menu that was sent to me is quite underwhelming (upcoming LAX-PVG), and lacks detail so I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the following options that we have?

Marinated Braised Meatballs with Garlic bread, ricotta, and tomato sauce.
BBQ Chicken w/ Mac & Cheese w/ swiss chard.
Roasted Spare Rib w/ green onion, rice, and veggie.
Fontina & Parmesan Lasagna w/ pomodoro sauce.
Marinated Shrimp with Polenta, and watercress
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:07 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
On my flight today, fellow behind me did not get email, his wife did. When FAs we’re taking orders, from the 4th row, he asked for Halibut. She said they didn’t have any more. All but 1 had been preordered and someone else took it.
I guess there is a reason to preorder.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat., SPG Plat.
On my D1 flight tomorrow, I selected the Halibut. Has anyone had it yet? I guess it would be too late to change, but just curious if anyone has had it.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WesTraveller
On my D1 flight tomorrow, I selected the Halibut. Has anyone had it yet? I guess it would be too late to change, but just curious if anyone has had it.
You should try it just for the hell of it.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Received a preselect email for an upcoming JFK-LAX breakfast flight... anyone have any experience with any of these? Sounds like a new menu rotation starting for Sept.

FALL VEGETABLE AND SMOKED GOUDA FRITTATA
creamy grits with cotija cheese and ancho chili

DELTA BLUES BREAKFAST RICE PUDDING
five acre farms yogurt, berries

CHALLAH BREAD PUDDING
golden raisins, cinnamon, orange
served with spiced maple syrup

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.