Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Is Getting New Uniforms

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Hope these are better received than the ones at AA and AS. For the FA's sake.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I saw someone wearing one at MSP last week. They look pretty good. It's odd to see purple since, but I do like the color.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:43 pm

At least with the Purple I can easily tell what airline they fly for.

Trying to remember who's who without looking at their lapel pin in a sea of navy blues, blacks and reds drives me crazy!
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
On two of my flights last week one of the flight attendants was wearing it. I thought it looked out of place.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:04 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by NYCNorm
I spotted a new male flight attendant

The purple apron still felt "off brand" . . . .
Norm!!! You felt a male FA's apron???

Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
They are an absolute abortion... they are as ugly as they come and the male uniform looks like a doorman or bell hop uniform.

In talking with the FA this morning this before my flight, the over whelming opinion amoung both crew and customers so far has been the same. No one one likes it...
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Saw a male checkin agent in the new uniform in SEA and have to agree with the others - the new uniforms are horrendous, particularly the shoulder treatment. Someone needs the courage to speak up and push the reset button on this fiasco.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Saw the new uniform a couple days ago. Ugly can't even describe it well enough and the gate agent told me he doesn't like it at all.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:09 am

I like the men's uniform without the blazer, and some of the women's uniform pieces, especially the dresses.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
I am pretty much mystified by this uniform, which solves a problem I wasn't aware they had. I kind of like the existing uniforms. The new ones make crew members look like doormen.

I also don't understand the color palette. Purple? Gray? It's so completely off-brand, unless there's a huge change in the offing.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
They remind me of Thai Airways airport personnel uniforms, but uglier.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:13 pm

Here's a new uniform spotted in the wild (as worn by LA-based flight attendant Dustin).

He looked pretty sharp in and out of the suit coat, but my traveling companion stated that one has to be really fit in order to pull off looking good in an outfit of a lighter color like this.

The apron (which I did *not* get a photo of) appears to be of the same material/pattern that the handkerchief accent is made of. I wasn't as much a fan of that.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:48 pm

I think darker skin tones will also look good in the light purple shirts.

Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
Here's a new uniform spotted in the wild (as worn by LA-based flight attendant Dustin).

He looked pretty sharp in and out of the suit coat, but my traveling companion stated that one has to be really fit in order to pull off looking good in an outfit of a lighter color like this.

The apron (which I did *not* get a photo of) appears to be of the same material/pattern that the handkerchief accent is made of. I wasn't as much a fan of that.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
I understand why they went with the purple (to be different) and without a lapel on the jacket (probably for traveling FA practicality's sake), but it just doesn't look right. Even if they gave the jacket the same thin lapel as the vest, it would look a whole lot better.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
I don't see how the colors relate to anything Delta. In general, looks like a doorman's uniform from a mid price apartment building. Sorry.

Last edited by boeingATL; Jan 18, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.