Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Is Getting New Uniforms

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
The current navy/red uniforms are much more attractive and professional than the new purple ones. The combination of deep purple with bold red accents is simply garish. Unfortunately Zac Posen has gone overboard with the redesign.

Also, how does "passport plum" make sense as a color for Delta? Cambodian and Danish passports might be purple, but US passports are blue, and DL is a US airline last time I checked. Furthermore, purple is entirely off-brand for Delta. Smh
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:31 am

For those of us color challenged - that explains the purple choice.

Looking again, purple is interesting and good - more FAs will probably choose the 'fun' purple outfit than the bright red.

But the light grey, as much as I like it personally, not sure it's compatible with all body types.

In the realm of history, the current uniforms were really congruent with the era of Delta getting its act together, especially those bright red dresses and the Deltalina 'get it done' attitude.

Would have rather they just added some elements to those, they are pretty timeless. I guess if they ever get off course in the future, an easy management win will be to bring back the old uniform style.

But I wish a domestic airline would bring back some color besides blue to seats and bulkhead walls.

Not talking the crazy green/yellow/pink Delta had going on back in the day. But even a movie theater looks more inviting than a sterile airplane cabin.

Originally Posted by gooselee
Re: purple - isn't that what happens when you mix the red and blue crayons together?

I actually kind of like the bright red FA uniforms now. They really stand out, and convert nicely to things like the pink BCRF alternates for this month. Honestly though, as long as the uniforms are functional and comfortable for the employees, I'm good with them. I've had my share of uncomfortable and impractical uniforms before...I'd have worn day-glo orange and fuschia just to have something more comfortable.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:37 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
For those of us color challenged - that explains the purple choice.

Looking again, purple is interesting and good - more FAs will probably choose the 'fun' purple outfit than the bright red.

But the light grey, as much as I like it personally, not sure it's compatible with all body types.

In the realm of history, the current uniforms were really congruent with the era of Delta getting its act together, especially those bright red dresses and the Deltalina 'get it done' attitude.

Would have rather they just added some elements to those, they are pretty timeless. I guess if they ever get off course in the future, an easy management win will be to bring back the old uniform style.

But I wish a domestic airline would bring back some color besides blue to seats and bulkhead walls.

Not talking the crazy green/yellow/pink Delta had going on back in the day. But even a movie theater looks more inviting than a sterile airplane cabin.
The all-red outfit is only available for in-airport red coats. So flight attendants will either be in purple or gray.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Uniforms are at the absolute bottom of the list for why I choose an airline or flight; sharing that spot is the color of the airplane or the decor of the check-in counter.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:50 am

The men's uniforms look great.

The women's grandmotherly and awkward.

Noticeably absent was a pink version of the uniform--something that's become a staple for Delta in October.

I would hope they'd have the sense to have a Zac Posen pink uniform, and not just a boring polo shirt from the marketing department, one where customers are forced to ask, "excuse me, but do you work here?"
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Also, how does "passport plum" make sense as a color for Delta? Cambodian and Danish passports might be purple, but US passports are blue, and DL is a US airline last time I checked. Furthermore, purple is entirely off-brand for Delta. Smh
Like the current uniforms and like the new ones. SAS also introduced new uniforms this week. The new Delta uniforms are looking so much better.
Afaik the 'non plum' for women wasn't approved by Delta and when i look at some of the 'non plum' dresses Zac Posen posted on instagram i'm glad they didn't play it 'safe'.

That in-flight service signature passport plum dress will be a head turner.
Those male groundspeed graphite three-button suits for ACS and in-flight service are also looking great.
Red coats: nowhere to hide as they stick out like a sore thumb at any airport
Love the details on the new uniforms; -ie Delta signs on the buttons/handkerchief.

Only miss pockets on some womens airport service dress & the exclusive in-flight service dress..dunno if that's pratical, guess we see a lot of aprons.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by anon2k2
Uniforms are at the absolute bottom of the list for why I choose an airline or flight; sharing that spot is the color of the airplane or the decor of the check-in counter.
Designers worldwide having a collective *gasp*....
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:44 am

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
When Delta announced the big reveal on FaceBook earlier this week, they was dumped on by hundreds of people irate over the young female African American doctor incident, along with a lot of other incendiary comments. One person even wrote they should save the money they're spending on all these new uniforms and put it toward better "edible" first class meals. Not the result they were looking for.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lovecabo
One person even wrote they should save the money they're spending on all these new uniforms and put it toward better "edible" first class meals. Not the result they were looking for.
I would agree. There is nothing wrong with the current uniform. They still look better than any other US airline.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Remember that the whole uniform redesign effort probably took in excess of a year from planning to rollout.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Widgets
Both men and women currently have double-breasted blazers in the current uniform program. However, the men's blazer is so hideous I've honestly only seen one man wear it. The women's is more common.
Really? I must be on different flights? I see male flight attendants wearing jackets all the time. I must have a fuzzy memory because, as I recall, their jackets are single-breasted?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by lamont2718
The current navy/red uniforms are much more attractive and professional than the new purple ones. The combination of deep purple with bold red accents is simply garish. Unfortunately Zac Posen has gone overboard with the redesign.

Delta seems to avoid a lot of US products - consider their use of Porsche automobiles and Airbus aircraft as two examples.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:25 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Delta seems to avoid a lot of US products - consider their use of Porsche automobiles and Airbus aircraft as two examples.
lol

they have like ~150 airbus planes compared to over 500 US-built planes (boeing/MD). And lol at even mentioning the Porsches. That's such an inconsequentially small piece of their operation it's ridiculous to consider.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by jimrpa
Really? I must be on different flights? I see male flight attendants wearing jackets all the time. I must have a fuzzy memory because, as I recall, their jackets are single-breasted?
I wear the single-breasted daily. The double-breasted blazer is what I was talking about. I don't like how the men's version looks. Its production was discontinued a while ago because it wasn't popular.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I think these new uniforms are very fashion-forward. are they going to appeal to everyone, no. But DL took a chance and it paid off. Much better than the play-it-safe Banana Republic BS that AA tossed out there.

DL's uniforms are an important component of their branding strategy and, while their current uniforms are fine, they are due for a refresh. DL is trying to stay ahead of the curve and this helps. I have no issue with the purple as I think it compliments the cabin interiors, which is what you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.