Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Is Getting New Uniforms

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Diamond, all of them.
I don't have a problem whatsoever with the color. Just the fact that there are certain F/A's that should not be wearing colors that accentuate their "thickness"...
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
The color doesn't seem very Delta to me at least...
Name:  IMG_0082.JPG
Views: 1899
Size:  26.5 KB
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by PreteniousFlyer
I don't have a problem whatsoever with the color. Just the fact that there are certain F/A's that should not be wearing colors that accentuate their "thickness"...
Yes, because how thin a flight attendant looks is of paramount importance.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ruckzac
Yes, because how thin a flight attendant looks is of paramount importance.
No one said needed to be thin, to be FA. However you generally pick uniforms that make your employees look great. You pick clothes that support that employees looks and distract from the less flattering. I.e. as a big guy i would never wear a striped shirt.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
OMG!!!! i could so destroy this thread right now.....buwahahhaha

Think of creative google searches and then go to 'images'
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
It's awful. The new customer service uniforms are just as bad.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Personally, i thought that the GAs, FAs, etc. that took their time with the previous colors could look really spiffy.

Are the pilots going to have to wear purple too?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PreteniousFlyer
For whatever reason the uniform doesn't seem to be flattering to anyone I have seen it on. It makes them look massive. They would have done better to send an intern to Target and put together a new uniform.

And I don't agree that it takes time to adjust to a uniform. The current uniform introduced in 2006 looked great right from the start. The flight attendants look professional in them. These new ones look like something your grandmother gave you that you would only dare wear when she comes to visit.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Who came up with this? I do not care, but I would guess the average age of a DL employee is around 30-45 years old (front line). Some are 50-60+ years of age. What moron in ATL approved this uniform change? DL had the most professional uniform of all USA carriers. Why change it?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Personally, i thought that the GAs, FAs, etc. that took their time with the previous colors could look really spiffy.

Are the pilots going to have to wear purple too?
The pilots uniform is actually a slightly modified US Naval officers uniform. It's never changed and not likely to change in the future.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
If it is Qatar purple that would make it even more silly considering all the ME3 rhetoric that has come out of Delta.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
...These new ones look like something your grandmother gave you that you would only dare wear when she comes to visit.
As in?

Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by kettle1
Who came up with this? I do not care, but I would guess the average age of a DL employee is around 30-45 years old (front line). Some are 50-60+ years of age. What moron in ATL approved this uniform change? DL had the most professional uniform of all USA carriers. Why change it?
Because someone in ATL thinks this will appeal to folks in their late 20s/early 30s in SEA and NYC?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by kettle1

Yup I never understood why they wanted to change it. Nothing wrong with the current uniforms at all.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Because someone in ATL thinks this will appeal to folks in their late 20s/early 30s in SEA and NYC?
Blame it on the Millennials...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.