Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Is Getting New Uniforms

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I think I saw it in the wild at DCA on Thursday. She looked good, but she would have looked good wearing pretty much anything.

I never thought highly of the red dress. I got the idea, but I never saw an FA wearing that dress on board after 5pm who didn't look like a rumpled mess when she was walking away.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:33 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I think I saw it in the wild at DCA on Thursday. She looked good, but she would have looked good wearing pretty much anything.

I never thought highly of the red dress. I got the idea, but I never saw an FA wearing that dress on board after 5pm who didn't look like a rumpled mess when she was walking away.
This

vs this

I prefer the former personally.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Because someone in ATL thinks this will appeal to folks in their late 20s/early 30s in SEA and NYC?
As someone in his early 30s in SEA, I can thoroughly confirm that I think the new uniforms are hideous. I really hope they revert back to the old ones - mostly because they look uncomfortable for the poor employees.

(Also, not sure what your impression of Seattle is, but this is not a high fashion city. We have exactly one restaurant with a dress code in the whole town, and the "Seattle Tux" is a local name for a flannel shirt. It's changing a little as Amazon continually imports outsiders from the east coast, to be fair, but not enough to have much of an impact yet...)
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I love the red wrap dress, provided the wearer has the body for it. Unfortunately, no matter the uniform design a majority of flight attendants will not look good because they're overweight. What irks me the most is all the variations. Sweaters, blouses and vests with trousers, skirts with blouses and vests, dresses, two-piece suits, three-piece suits, a shirt with sweater and trousers, etc.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Grouchy

This one? No epaulettes on the shoulder and no custom-designed wings.
Nothing new for the flightdeck?
This has to be the ugliest jacket ever.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lawandorder
This is just blatantly not true. Some don't like it and complain very loudly (that is always the case). Look at how they complained before the AA rollout. I can show you literally thousands of positive comments.
I never see flight attendants like them, except maybe on FNT-ATL on a Sunday morning or DTW-PDX. Flying to Asia I feel like I've received the waitresses from Big Boy or Denny's, complete with calling me "hun."
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
This has to be the ugliest jacket ever.
A DL FA told me they've already redesigned the men's uniform to have lapels and remove the epaulettes, so hopefully it looks better.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by char777
A DL FA told me they've already redesigned the men's uniform to have lapels and remove the epaulettes, so hopefully it looks better.
They might look good then, but, again, the problem is most of the flight attendants and pilots have neither the physique nor the tailoring budget to pull it off.

On a side note. I don't think the new colors look good with the livery and seats still being blue/red.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Ugh, that purple is such a clash with the blue and red trim and livery all through the aircraft.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: DL MM, UA Global Services, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by pbarnette
There are some truly inappropriate posts here. FT at its worst.
Yeah, I have to say that this is the sort of sentiment I tend to notice in FF circles as well. It's very much a world still dominated by straight dudes who are often oblivious to the casual sexism and misogyny being expressed. That it's internalized to the point where it's unnoticed by so many speaks to the amount of work we've got left to do.

Unsurprisingly (and unfortunately), pointing it out usually is met with a defense of, "Oh, you're too sensitive," or, "It's just a joke!" Probably not a joke to the women whose appearances you're judging or deeming okay enough to wear something. Sorry, y'all, folks can wear what they want and the choice shouldn't be dictated by the male gaze and desirability.

That being said, and getting back to the topic at hand, I actually quite like these uniforms. It's natural to be taken aback a bit at first because we have been so conditioned to the usual suspects of blue and red, but the designs are forward-thinking while retaining a nod to bygone eras. I find the CS agent purple/red to be especially creative and stylish. The apron and flight attendant swing jacket are the two other pieces that really caught my eye initially.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: DL MM, UA Global Services, AA Platinum
Yay to the new FA uniforms. I'm open to positive change at Delta! Hope to see them rolled out more frequently soon.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 3, 2017 at 9:46 pm Reason: Removed now-deleted quoted content.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:02 pm

Purple uniforms seem awfully reminiscent of Virgin Atlantic (even though I can't find a purple uniform online, I'm sure I've seen them somewhere; maybe at check-in rather than onboard?). Wonder if that was on purpose.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 3, 2017 at 9:45 pm Reason: Removed now-deleted quoted content.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo
Purple uniforms seem awfully reminiscent of Virgin Atlantic (even though I can't find a purple uniform online, I'm sure I've seen them somewhere; maybe at check-in rather than onboard?). Wonder if that was on purpose.
Yes! They also remind me of VS unifiorms, which are mostly red but with purple accents. I quite like the women's uniforms but the men's look silly imho.

I also like the current uniforms, especially the red dress. I think it looks good on a variety of ages and shapes, which is actually quite a feat for something so slinky.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 3, 2017 at 9:46 pm Reason: Removed now-deleted content from quote.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:45 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation Please Remain On Topic

The bulk of the content in this discussion was off topic and thus deleted.

Please discuss the new purple uniforms for flights attendants.

Thank you.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles forum
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by Canarsie
The bulk of the content in this discussion was off topic and thus deleted.

Please discuss the new purple uniforms for flights attendants.

Thank you.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles forum
Thank you. I was really feeling a merge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.