Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Is Getting New Uniforms

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
And purple? PURPLE? This is Delta. Big BLUE delta. It's criminally off-brand for such a recognizable American company.
I really think of red as Delta's color, not blue. Blue just kind of supports the red right now, and I think the purple will do the same thing in a classy way.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I really think of red as Delta's color, not blue. Blue just kind of supports the red right now, and I think the purple will do the same thing in a classy way.
Yeah, I actually was thinking blue and red as I wrote that. But they seem to be switching to purple and gray. And nothing in the corporate design language resembles that combination. You can recognize an employee in the terminal - even on the street away from an airport - as a DL employee by his/her dark blue uniform with red accents. This is a huge change from that and it is incongruous with the DL corporate brand.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
I've seen many of the uniforms in person on the test wearers and I must say I have been very pleasantly surprised how good they looked on everyone. The signature purple FA dress in particular looked really great on most FAs including the non-petite sizes.
Another great thing is that spills don't seem to leave stains at all...they've tried red wine, coffee, tomato juice, etc on the men's gray suits and they all come off easily....
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
Yeah, I actually was thinking blue and red as I wrote that. But they seem to be switching to purple and gray. And nothing in the corporate design language resembles that combination. You can recognize an employee in the terminal - even on the street away from an airport - as a DL employee by his/her dark blue uniform with red accents. This is a huge change from that and it is incongruous with the DL corporate brand.
Well now the purple and gray will make DL employees even more instantly recognizable from the sea of navy blue and red that has made US carrier uniforms of the past decade a real snoozefest.
As for the corporate branding, we are already beginning to see some subtle changes, e.g., purple has been making its way into the newer SkyClubs (see the new ones in ATL and SEA). Also, if you look at the cabin mockups of the new A350 you will notice a lot more subdued colors that will mesh well with the purple and gray.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I have yet to see them in person, but I have to agree with boeingATL: doorman or maybe an Amtrak uniform. Kudos to Dustin though a good sport; definitely taking one for the team.
It's the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Even the stripes remind me of what are usually on a doormats uniform.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
New Purple FA uniform

This is old news, but I just saw the new purple FA uniform in real life. I did not even realize the person was a Delta FA--I thought Delta was doing some sort of SkyTeam FA exchange. It is bizarre that Delta is throwing away years of branding with the new uniform and it does not even look good. Where did the inspiration for the new uniform come from? I am thinking either Grimace or Tinky Winky from the Teletubbies.

Name:  Grimace.jpg
Views: 2308
Size:  73.9 KB
Name:  teletubbies-tinky-winky.jpg
Views: 2729
Size:  34.3 KB
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Lol ����
Old Jun 30, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
Your imagination rules wild I see
Old Jun 30, 2017, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
or....

Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Hard to believe it's been over 8 months since these new uniforms were unveiled. There have been scattered reports of FAs in them http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-uniforms.html

The color doesn't seem very Delta to me at least...
Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:26 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
It's hard to believe that people actually get their jimmies rustled by what color the FAs wear. I mean, I can see getting bothered by it if you're an FA and you're stuck wearing it every day, but if you're a passenger? Why would this matter to you at all?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Hard to believe it's been over 8 months since these new uniforms were unveiled. There have been scattered reports of FAs in them http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-uniforms.html

Like the color and it seems to go well with the DL blue colors inside the planes. Going for DL blue would just make them blend in, instead of standout on the plane.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Like the color and it seems to go well with the DL blue colors inside the planes. Going for DL blue would just make them blend in, instead of standout on the plane.
I don't mind the color at all. In fact, I think it looks pretty nice.

I guess anytime an airline rebrands (like AA), it takes a while to get used to. Even though this is only a uniform change, it still seems different than the DL I know, but no big deal.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Diamond, all of them.
I think they were trying to throw a little accolades to my home town hero.

However, if they were going for the Purple Rain "Minny" look I would have preferred the below outfit with age appropriate F/A's.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Diamond, all of them.
Originally Posted by FlyerWx

I think they are trying to be cutting edge... What color does mixing blue and red get you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.