Delta Is Getting New Uniforms

Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Delta Is Getting New Uniforms

A friend of mine showed me some news from an aviation website where it said Delta would be announcing a new uniform tomorrow. Well, this can't be good. In my opinion they already have the best looking uniforms of any U.S. airline and they've only been around since about 2006. But then I remembered that Anderson is running things now and price is everything. The nice uniforms they have now probably cost too much in his opinion.

So looking at recent decisions to cut product offerings I'm guessing DL will go with whatever clothing Kmart rejected.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:41 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Hopefully they bring back the sexiness of air travel long ago.....lol

A guy can dream, no???
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
Originally Posted by 355F1

A guy can dream, no???
Only if this applies to both women's and men's uniforms!!!

But, sadly, it will probably be whatever they find on clearance at TJ Maxx
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

A guy can dream, no???
Maybe if Delta had a crew of young hotties in their 20's. I certainly wouldn't want to see anything too revealing on Edna who's been around since the Lockheed Electra entered service.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
A friend of mine showed me some news from an aviation website where it said Delta would be announcing a new uniform tomorrow. Well, this can't be good. In my opinion they already have the best looking uniforms of any U.S. airline and they've only been around since about 2006. But then I remembered that Anderson is running things now and price is everything. The nice uniforms they have now probably cost too much in his opinion.

So looking at recent decisions to cut product offerings I'm guessing DL will go with whatever clothing Kmart rejected.
You solved the scavenger hunt & decided it was bad?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PRWeezer
You solved the scavenger hunt & decided it was bad?
Just going off previous moves by managment. All I can think about is all the cuts or umm excuse me, enhancements, that have happened over the last few years.

Oh I know. Perhaps they are integrating a credit card reader into the sleeves to facilitate even more onboard "enhancements" such as a potty pass.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Uniform discussion...09/05/14:
Originally Posted by NWAFA
The Pilot's union is getting ready to improve their industry leading contract. They'll be sending out surveys to members for their Section 6 openers.

FAs? A pair of Delta headsets, a thank you for the successful summer. Not setting well with the family members. Oh, and all employees at Delta are getting new uniforms.

NWA FA
Reply...9/05/14:
Originally Posted by zsmith2
Uniforms are a good 2-3 years away. As far as the other stuff NWAFA spits out is just more of the sky is falling propaganda.
Funny, at the time back in September I chatted w my FA neighbor about it...she's within a few years of retiring & I joked w her they better not take away her Richard Tyler red wrap dress because she rocks it!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
A friend of mine showed me some news from an aviation website where it said Delta would be announcing a new uniform tomorrow.
A clarification on that...they are announcing the designer NOT the uniform.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, 2+MM, AA Gold 1+MM, HH Diamond, MHG Silver,
I thought the FA purchased their own uniforms - if that's the case the cost shouldn't matter since Delta won't be paying.

I'm all for a younger crew in a 60's mini skirt - until there's a problem, then I want experience!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zsmith2
A clarification on that...they are announcing the designer NOT the uniform.
Thanks for the clarification. I hope they don't go with whoever designed the uniforms for the port authority employees you see at JFK. Those people look down right scary in those grey suit looking things. and not the least bit approachable. Like something you'd see in a documentary about communists.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Let's wait and see, they could be cool. I like some of the current options, like the red wrap. Other options are kind of boring, and the Men's uniforms offer nothing creative. I hope the stick with the modern Jet Set feel that the current better uniforms have.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: AA DULtArer

A guy can dream, no???
They would have to bring back classy pax to do this, and those cows have left the barn...and seated themselves in FC
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
But then I remembered that Anderson is running things now and price is everything. The nice uniforms they have now probably cost too much in his opinion.

Actually, I disagree. DL, more than any other major US airline, has been concerning itself with branding and trying to associate itself with upmarket/trendy/hospitality oriented themes. Think in terms of the overhauled restaurant selections at select terminals, the Tumi amenity kits, the Isaac Mizrahi soaps and lotions in the SkyClub, Luvo wraps/meals (whether you like them or not), and so on. Sure there are some exceptions (the SkyClub booze comes to mind), but the trend is clear.

I'd be surprised if the designer isn't reasonably well known/respected.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
Funny, at the time back in September I chatted w my FA neighbor about it...she's within a few years of retiring & I joked w her they better not take away her Richard Tyler red wrap dress because she rocks it!
I have seen a grand total of 5 FA's that actually looked great in that dress. Some of those people wearing that red wrap dress obviously didn't look in the mirror after they put it on, and think that they looked good.

A female DL FA (who looked absolutely stunning in that dress btw) told me that internally at DL it's known as RDQ (Red Dress Qualified).
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Designer has been announced: Zac Posen - he's a very well known name in the fashion world, Michelle Obama favorite and current creative director for Brooks Brothers.

This is consistent with DL's affinity for aspirational/sexy brands (ie. Porsche, Malin + Goetz, Westin, Grey Goose, TUMI, etc)

NEW YORK, April 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) and New York-based designer Zac Posen are partnering to bring high fashion and function to a different kind of runway as part of Delta's new uniform program.

Delta is creating a program for nearly all of its uniformed employees. Through the partnership, Zac Posen will design a uniform collection for Delta's flight attendants and airport customer service agents while advising on the uniform project for Delta's ramp and ground support agents, Delta Cargo agents and Delta TechOps employees.

"Through challenges and triumphs, the Delta uniform has been a source of great pride for generations of Delta people and continues to serve as a symbol of our values and the world class service for which we're known," said Tim Mapes, Delta's Senior Vice President – Marketing. "With Zac's talent and expertise, and in partnership with Delta people worldwide, we look forward to creating a timeless, fashionable and functional new collection that will continue to be a point of pride and symbol of our brand for the 170 million customers who fly with us each year."

Known for his fresh and innovative designs, Posen's brand of modern American glamour pairs well with Delta's brand attributes, and he will be personally engaged throughout the multi-year project. His designs are favored from the White House to the red carpet in Hollywood.

"I'm thrilled to partner with this classic American brand and look forward to collaborating with Delta employees to understand their wants and needs for the new collection," said Zac. "Together, we will bring everyday elegance and style innovation to the ground and air alike, while making employees look and feel their best."

Over the next few months, Posen will work with Delta employees to better understand the specialized needs of Delta's active workforce. The prototypes will then undergo intensive wear testing to ensure functionality and fit before the final collection is produced. Consistent with Delta's culture, employees will drive the project and be heavily involved in every phase along the way.

The new uniform program is part of a larger brand transformation and investment as Delta works to ensure its thoughtful, reliable and innovative brand attributes imbue all areas of the customer experience, including airport facilities, technology and global products and services.

The new collection is expected to launch in early 2018.

About Zac Posen
Zac Posen launched his eponymous collection in 2001, with a vision for modern American glamour that married couture technique with striking innovation. Raised in New York, Zac began his design training early. At 16, he attended Parson's School of Design followed by London's Central Saint Martins University. Two years following his first collection, he was awarded one of fashion's most prestigious honors, Swarovski's The Perry Ellis Award for Womenswear by the CFDA.

Today, Zac is known globally for his technique in artisanal craftsmanship, anatomical construction and textile manipulation. His daywear, suiting and red carpet eveningwear are infused with his bold sophistication, sexy femininity and distinctive glamour. Worn by leading women, including Uma Thurman, First Lady Michelle Obama, Gwyneth Paltrow and Naomi Watts, he has become a staple on the red carpet. His collections have grown to include Zac Posen, ZAC Zac Posen, Z Spoke Zac Posen, and Truly Zac Posen with offerings in handbags, accessories, hosiery, eyewear, fur, and fine jewelry.

Zac Posen serves as a judge with Heidi Klum and Nina Garcia on Lifetime's mainstay Project Runway, now approaching its fourteenth season and most recently, he was announced as Creative Director for the Brooks Brothers signature women's collection and accessories. The first collection will debut in Spring 2016 and will be available worldwide.

Additional information is available on www.facebook.com/officialzacposen, Twitter @zac_posen, and Instagram @zac_posen and @zaczacposen.

About Delta
Delta Air Lines serves more than 170 million customers each year. Delta was named to FORTUNE magazine's top 50 World's Most Admired Companies in addition to being named the most admired airline for the fourth time in five years. Additionally, Delta has ranked No.1 in the Business Travel News Annual Airline survey for four consecutive years, a first for any airline. With an industry-leading global network, Delta and the Delta Connection carriers offer service to 321 destinations in 58 countries on six continents. Headquartered in Atlanta, Delta employs nearly 80,000 employees worldwide and operates a mainline fleet of more than 700 aircraft. The airline is a founding member of the SkyTeam global alliance and participates in the industry's leading trans-Atlantic joint venture with Air France-KLM and Alitalia as well as a newly formed joint venture with Virgin Atlantic. Including its worldwide alliance partners, Delta offers customers more than 15,000 daily flights, with key hubs and markets including Amsterdam, Atlanta, Boston, Detroit, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York-JFK, New York-LaGuardia, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Salt Lake City, Seattle and Tokyo-Narita. Delta has invested billions of dollars in airport facilities, global products, services and technology to enhance the customer experience in the air and on the ground. Additional information is available on delta.com, Twitter @Delta, Google.com/+Delta, Facebook.com/delta and Delta's blog takingoff.delta.com.

Delta Air Lines and the Delta Connection carriers offer service to nearly 370 destinations on six continents. For more information visit news.delta.com
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090202/DELTALOGO

SOURCE Delta Air Lines

For further information: Delta Corporate Communications, 404-715-2554, news archive at news.delta.com

more here:

http://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-...elta-10120263/

Last edited by woodford02A; Apr 30, 2015 at 11:37 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.