Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Is Getting New Uniforms

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:42 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I actually think the new uniforms might be a bit TOO fashion forward, especially the men's cabin crew jacket. Time will tell how they wear after cleanings. I don't think the men's looks timeless at all, it looks like something you'd see at H&M or a "fashion" retailer for one season.

The women's uniforms are a bit more elegant.

I like the purple color though. Reminscent of Virgin Atlantic, yes, but you DO mix red and blue to get purple. So technically purple is already a Delta color. And you're also seeing it in some SkyClubs (the background wall coverings).
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
lol

they have like ~150 airbus planes compared to over 500 US-built planes (boeing/MD). And lol at even mentioning the Porsches. That's such an inconsequentially small piece of their operation it's ridiculous to consider.
But extremely visible to customers! And the recent plane purchases seem to be biased toward airbuses
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Widgets
I wear the single-breasted daily. The double-breasted blazer is what I was talking about. I don't like how the men's version looks. Its production was discontinued a while ago because it wasn't popular.
I was always under the impression that the only double-breasted uniform jackets were for the flight deck crew uniforms? I didn't know the cabin crew had a choice of a double-breasted jacket as well. I think it would look a bit odd.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by jimrpa
I was always under the impression that the only double-breasted uniform jackets were for the flight deck crew uniforms? I didn't know the cabin crew had a choice of a double-breasted jacket as well. I think it would look a bit odd.
This is what they look like.

Last edited by Widgets; Oct 19, 2016 at 11:26 pm
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA, HA
Snazzy uniforms are definitely not part of my decision process for the Soft Product. But, sharply dressed cabin crew (if they act the part, too) will certainly stand out in my mind for future optional travel.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Folks, we have gone seriously off topic and a large number of posts have been deleted by the moderator.

RSSrsvp - Moderator
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Delta is trying to create something that looks great and also that can be worked in. Those FA's work hard, and those uniforms take a beating.
This. While I appreciate something that looks good to me, more important is whether the employees like wearing them and that they are comfortable, functional, and durable.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: delta dm
I love the new uniforms. Very impressed. Thats how employees at the best domestic airline should look. 🖒
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Widgets
This is what they look like.
Thanks! I have never seen men wearing that jacket (or women wearing the other jacket for that matter). I do see your point. Double-breasted should stay with flight deck crew IMO
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:25 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
what's special about double-breasted jackets that makes them particular to pilots IYO?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta PM, HH DM, National Exec Elite, SPG, Hyatt Plat
So do we expect Delta to redo their color schemes on all delta items (check in desks, signage, maybe even aircraft interior) to make the royal purple/grey more harmonious with the bright blue/red combo? I love the purple/grey/white combo in some of these promotional pictures but feel that heathery royal purple tones don't really go with bright reds and blues. At the very least putting purple with red and blue gives the whole color scheme a very heavy feel as opposed to clean and light.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mra123
So do we expect Delta to redo their color schemes on all delta items (check in desks, signage, maybe even aircraft interior) to make the royal purple/grey more harmonious with the bright blue/red combo? I love the purple/grey/white combo in some of these promotional pictures but feel that heathery royal purple tones don't really go with bright reds and blues. At the very least putting purple with red and blue gives the whole color scheme a very heavy feel as opposed to clean and light.
This is my problem with the purple (in addition to the fact that I prefer red and dark blue). Yes, red and blue together equals purple, but they just got through redoing the seat covers/interiors and from my perspective purple definitely clashes with the current interior color scheme. It just seems very odd to come up with that color after so recently implementing the current interiors.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I'm really disappointed in this......I would have thought Delta would have done better......sorry just cant believe this.
Anyone that says they like American uniform can't be taken serious. once u get over the color I I'm sure you will like it. I have seen both in person and Americans can't compare as one is fashionable with details galore and the other is basically the Hyatt uniform with a bunch of buttons and oversize red tote passed off as a hand bag.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott/Hilton Gold
New Uniforms are Being Wear-Tested

I spotted a new male flight attendant's uniform in the wild on a flight today. They even made an announcement noting the fact that he was wear-testing the new uniform and encouraged passenger feedback through Delta.com and an email address. I wasn't able to take a photo--it was a full flight and I missed the UG.

The purple apron still felt "off brand" in person--it's very purple. Although I like the suit, the epaulettes stand out in person because they aren't tightly pressed to the suit and are awfully thick. They make the suit look more like a doorman's uniform.

Have you seen the new uniforms in the wild?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Saw a female uniform at the DFW SkyClub in December-she complimented the comfort, and we had a laugh about the AA uniform fiasco (especially apropro considering we were at DFW). Overall it wasn't a bad look.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.