Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to automated claim form: https://www.delta.com/bags/bagsClaimAutomation.action

Post away DL crediting 2500 miles.
Please list the date, arrival time, and airport and when your bags made it.
  • Sample: 2/23/15 MDT 3:15 PM 28 minutes
Print Wikipost

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:24 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Bags dropped at MSP this morning 11 minutes after the boarding door was opened.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by yohanson
Bags dropped at MSP this morning 11 minutes after the boarding door was opened.
So DL was able to do this all along and just didn't try before this offer?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:55 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by jiburi
Alaska's guarantee is that first bags will arrive by :20 after gate arrival, not necessarily when my bags arrive, tho often my bags beats me to the carousel. PS-make sure to save the promo details before DL removes that from the website.... :-)
that is incorrect. Alaska guarantees that all bags are on the carousel within 20 minutes.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So DL was able to do this all along and just didn't try before this offer?
It seems that way. Last night at SJC, the bags came eighteen minutes after we arrived at the gate. Typically it's 25 - 30.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:30 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yohanson
There was a time before the merger when NWA was exceptionally slow delivering bags at MSP.
Not really related, but, I remember back in the good ole' NW days . . . . If your bag didn't show up and had to be delivered to you, they attached a "Sorry for the delay" type of card to your bag with a $25 discount coupon for future travel. This was one of the first thingz that I remember DL getting rid of after the merger.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by davetravels
Not really related, but, I remember back in the good ole' NW days . . . . If your bag didn't show up and had to be delivered to you, they attached a "Sorry for the delay" type of card to your bag with a $25 discount coupon for future travel. This was one of the first thingz that I remember DL getting rid of after the merger.
You get the card on your bag now, just no coupon. I got one this week.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:52 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
You get the card on your bag now, just no coupon. I got one this week.
I have never gotten ANYTHING when DL has delivered a bag to me. Is this something new?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by John DELTA
I believe it is their Airbus A320, carrying 150 passengers

However, if you just want seat counts, I believe it is their MD-90 at 160 seats
In the summer, DL gets up to 3x757 MSP-GEG.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
I have never gotten ANYTHING when DL has delivered a bag to me. Is this something new?
I really don't know how new this is. This is the first time I had a bag delivered since 2010.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:45 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
The press is surely having fun with DL lately.

From USA Today:

http://bit.ly/1Lj0l5I
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 355F1
The press is surely having fun with DL lately.

From USA Today:

http://bit.ly/1Lj0l5I
it’s only applicable for domestic flights (including Puerto Rico) and SkyMiles members in “good standing;” lost, mishandled, and damaged bags are excluded.
Really? Lost bags are excluded? Boo! How dare Delta not deliver my lost bag within 20 minutes to... "a belt"!

Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:33 pm

That article has a few factual errors. You don't register in advance but you do only have 3 days after your trip to claim your 2500 miles. I'm flying ATL-LGA and will give it a try. My seat is bulkhead so I would like to check my bag, 20 minutes is reasonable for me so this should be a great experience either way. Either my bag will be there promptly or I'll get the miles.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Father-of-3
That article has a few factual errors. You don't register in advance but you do only have 3 days after your trip to claim your 2500 miles. I'm flying ATL-LGA and will give it a try. My seat is bulkhead so I would like to check my bag, 20 minutes is reasonable for me so this should be a great experience either way. Either my bag will be there promptly or I'll get the miles.
Or you get neither! Remember, "lost bags" don't get you anything!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:58 pm

DL will give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage claim

I've never received less than 20,000 for a lost bag. I pray for my bags to be lost.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Father-of-3
I've never received less than 20,000 for a lost bag. I pray for my bags to be lost.
I conceived the following idea: Bring a carry-on with all your belongs onboard and check an empty, worthless bag. Then, if your empty, worthless bag is lost you get 20,000 miles!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.