Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to automated claim form: https://www.delta.com/bags/bagsClaimAutomation.action

Post away DL crediting 2500 miles.
Please list the date, arrival time, and airport and when your bags made it.
  • Sample: 2/23/15 MDT 3:15 PM 28 minutes
Print Wikipost

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by John DELTA
Per Delta.com at:

http://www.delta.com/contactus/pages...ntee/index.jsp

"Time to baggage claim will be as measured by Delta's baggage tracking system, where available; lost, mishandled, and damaged bags are excluded. Oversize and overweight baggage and special items are not eligible."
So, you file a claim for a delay and their response is "No, our records show otherwise."
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
yeah, gotta love all that fine print :-/
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Of course the biggest problem is at most stations its the woefully inadequate friends from Delta Connection that cause all these problems... and I notice they are conveniently exempt...
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:12 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cfabar1
Of course the biggest problem is at most stations its the woefully inadequate friends from Delta Connection that cause all these problems... and I notice they are conveniently exempt...
It appears that terminating flights operated by DL Connection are exempt; however, stations staffed by DGS/WFS/SkyWest/etc are not exempt if Delta mainline is operating the terminating flight.

Still a very confusing promotion...and why make it a promotion at all? "We are going to work really hard through March, then we will be back to our old ways." it isn't going to encourage me to check a bag on my upcoming trips.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by davetravels
But AS hardly flies to many domestic cities that DL flies to.

You don't think this is aimed at trying to get more people to check bags?
Well...AS does have 100 destinations so they do have a network to keep in check...

And since DL handled AS below wing for a while at many stations, they should be up for the task. Granted I did have the best luck at these DL bag stations with acquiring AS BSG's
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
I think it's a data collection excercise. They want to know how good/bad they are at getting bags out. Some stations like the hubs and SFO are actually pretty good. Some, like SJC just stink.
But they already have the information, they don't need to run this promo to get the data. Their baggage tracking system already provides everything they need for that (and is the basis for determining if someone is going to get the miles).
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
Originally Posted by TTT
It appears that terminating flights operated by DL Connection are exempt; however, stations staffed by DGS/WFS/SkyWest/etc are not exempt if Delta mainline is operating the terminating flight.
Originally Posted by cfabar1
DC flights aren't exempt. It's just a typo on the website.

That said, I suppose after March 31, the company will have stats as to which stations will be the worst, and may choose to take some kind of training action.
They have the data available for them right now if they wanted those numbers. This just seems to be a ploy to copy AS and win SEA.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Did you ever track your bag on the DL app? At every point where your bag tag is scanned, I believe it's clocked to the second! It will definitely <almost always> be scanned as it's placed on the carousel.
I track via the app whenever I check a bag. About 50% of the time, I don't get any tracking information other than the fact that it was checked. No planeside scan. No "delivered to claim area X". Even hours later the data doesn't update.

I'm not sure that the baggage handlers are consistent in scanning every single bag.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:05 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by gooselee
I track via the app whenever I check a bag. About 50% of the time, I don't get any tracking information other than the fact that it was checked. No planeside scan. No "delivered to claim area X". Even hours later the data doesn't update.

I'm not sure that the baggage handlers are consistent in scanning every single bag.
I don't check the bag data every time, but, I can think of once; maybe twice, when the app data never showed my bag on the plane, and I was about to file a claim at the baggage office, and somehow, it popped onto the belt out of the blue!

That said, I wonder how DL will be able to figure out if the 2500 mile bonus should be paid out if the data isn't clocked in?!?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
HUH?!?

Please let us know the secret to non-qualifying RDMs getting you DM status!

My apologies as I read the original post as MQM's. So sorry to stir the snarky snake so early

Seeing that this is only RDM's, it is not worth dealing with the MCO baggage zoo. Why endure that for a few worthless miles? My sanity is worth more than that.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
My apologies as I read the original post as MQM's. So sorry to stir the snarky snake so early

Seeing that this is only RDM's, it is not worth dealing with the MCO baggage zoo. Why endure that for a few worthless miles? My sanity is worth more than that.
I thought I missed something! If this were 2,500 MQMs, I'd be checking my three free bags on every single flight this month and next!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:49 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
My apologies as I read the original post as MQM's.
Yup. Wouldn't THAT be sumthin'!!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've got two Delta trips coming up in the next 6 weeks, I think I'll be checking a bag each time. I could earn up to 10,000 miles!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Alaska had a good tweet today

Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:10 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I'm already a winner! Let's see if they pay up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.