Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to automated claim form: https://www.delta.com/bags/bagsClaimAutomation.action

Post away DL crediting 2500 miles.
Please list the date, arrival time, and airport and when your bags made it.
  • Sample: 2/23/15 MDT 3:15 PM 28 minutes
Print Wikipost

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card

First off, I do not check bags. I was told that starting soon (for a short time) DL will give 2,500 non-Medallion qualifying SkyMiles in the event that bags do not arrive at the baggage claim within 20 minutes.

I have no idea if true (UPDATE: THIS IS TRUE), but I do know the people to be reliable (they do not work for DL, but with contract companies). They said it should be posted on the DL website within the next day or so, on how to claim the miles.

Perhaps something like this: (UPDATED) http://www.delta.com/contactus/pages...ntee/index.jsp

(UPDATED) This link does work for me, but that is what they said.

Take it or leave it. Sounds like a nice thing DL is going to do for those that check bags.

AGAIN, THIS IS A RUMOR. (UPDATE: THIS IS TRUE)

Last edited by kettle1; Feb 19, 2015 at 4:25 pm Reason: ADD (UPDATE: THIS IS TRUE)
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:38 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Alaska has had this guarantee for awhile. I think they give you $50 off your next flight? Idk...too tired to look on their website. It's 2:30am and I'm going to sleep!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Hope it's true. I fly out of LGA a lot and will be looking forward to 2500 sky pesos on my return every time I check luggage!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by tonypct
Hope it's true. I fly out of LGA a lot and will be looking forward to 2500 sky pesos on my return every time I check luggage!
JFK too!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Seeing is believing!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:38 am
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
When does the 20 min start, though? When the cabin door is open? When the baggage hold is opened? When the first cart is filled up and starts heading inside?
SH115 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:39 am

Of all places, I expect to collect every time I fly to Key West... bags are closest to the bag belt, takes longer than Atlanta to get your bag. Unless, of course, its the last flight of the night, then the bags come out very fast so the DL folks can get out of there.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by tonypct
Given the speed at MCO, I could requalify for DM in no time, based on the bonus alone. I rarely check bags, but this would incentivise me
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In big airports, how easy is it for even the first passengers off the plane to be at the bag claim belt in twenty minutes? I'm thinking JFK T4 especially, but there would be other examples where twenty minutes could require a dash, such as the end E gates at ATL or the far B/C gates at DTW.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kettle1
First off, I do not check bags. I was told that starting soon (for a short time) DL will give 2,500 non-Medallion qualifying SkyMiles in the event that bags do not arrive at the baggage claim within 20 minutes......
Great news, if true.

How does it work in reality? How does DL monitor your baggage delivery time? When a 747 lands, it can take 20 minutes for the last passenger to get off the aircraft, it can also take more than 20 minutes between the first bag out and last. How does DL track exact time when your bag is out? I am skeptical until I see T&C.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:32 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Given the speed at MCO, I could requalify for DM in no time, based on the bonus alone. I rarely check bags, but this would incentivise me
HUH?!?

Please let us know the secret to non-qualifying RDMs getting you DM status!

Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
They will give away the store at PBI. #worstbaggaeserviceever
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:16 am
Suspended

http://www.delta.com/contactus/pages...ntee/index.jsp
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:20 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
"We're committed to providing you with reliable and on-time baggage service every time you fly. That's why we're backing your bags with a guarantee: if your checked bag doesn't arrive at the carousel in 20 minutes or less after any domestic flight through March 31, 2015, you are eligible to receive 2,500 bonus miles. Just complete the below form within three days of your flight's arrival."

Interesting.

So, I guess this is a new <temporary> incentive to get people to check their bags?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by davetravels
"We're committed to providing you with reliable and on-time baggage service every time you fly. That's why we're backing your bags with a guarantee: if your checked bag doesn't arrive at the carousel in 20 minutes or less after any domestic flight through March 31, 2015, you are eligible to receive 2,500 bonus miles. Just complete the below form within three days of your flight's arrival."

Interesting.
I wonder how Delta is going to check bag arrival times. Otherwise, you just could say (lie) your bag didn't arrive within 20 mins and get the 2,500 miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.