Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to automated claim form: https://www.delta.com/bags/bagsClaimAutomation.action

Post away DL crediting 2500 miles.
Please list the date, arrival time, and airport and when your bags made it.
  • Sample: 2/23/15 MDT 3:15 PM 28 minutes
Print Wikipost

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Email from DL just arrived confirming this.
+1

Now through March 31st!

http://www.delta.com/contactus/pages...ntee/index.jsp
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Through March 31st, then it will go back to the old ways.

Oh well. Not like I checked bags on my domestic flights.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hilton Diamond, and working on Delta
Looks like I may check a bag Monday, just got the email as well.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
This is an interesting line:

Itineraries that include Delta Connection and codeshare flights are eligible as long as the final leg is marketed and operated by Delta Air Lines
In other words, if you're flying Delta Connection, don't bother claiming miles.
Looks like they've changed this since morning. The email I got had altered the line to say:

Itineraries that include codeshare flights are eligible as long as the final leg is marketed and operated by Delta Air Lines or a Delta Connection carrier.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Looks like they've changed this since morning. The email I got had altered the line to say:

Itineraries that include codeshare flights are eligible as long as the final leg is marketed and operated by Delta Air Lines or a Delta Connection carrier.
The original wording remains on the website as of 4:45 p.m. EST, continuing the grand Delta tradition of attaching ambiguous terms and conditions to promotions.

Last edited by MS02113; Feb 19, 2015 at 2:49 pm
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by fti
this is just a marketing ploy and a way to leaving the competition with Alaska Airlines. unfortunately I think Delta Airlines will fall far short of their standards. Alaska Airlines rarely pays out plus Alaska Airlines heavily advertises this as this benefit. I doubt Delta will do nearly the marketing for a short term promotion.
Agreed this is a short-term marketing ploy aimed at AS. Wonder which FTer will collect the most? ;
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Or maybe this promo is just to get people to start checking bags because Delta is about to announce a carry-on fee?

Mike
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:44 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
Agreed this is a short-term marketing ploy aimed at AS.
But AS hardly flies to many domestic cities that DL flies to.

You don't think this is aimed at trying to get more people to check bags?

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wonder which FTer will collect the most? ;
Would this apply X3 if we check 3 bags? I'm thinking about using thin roll up duffel bags and filling them with newspaper!

Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Not really sure why this would matter, since the times are all clocked in.
I don't like my bag to sit unclaimed on the belt. If bags really arrive faster, I need to get to baggage claim faster too.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta - Plat, Hilton - Diamond
Wow, only for a month and a half. I would bet that it's over 20 minutes most of the places I fly to. Thinking of the worst though my first thought would be vegas. Seems like they are always the worst.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:59 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't like my bag to sit unclaimed on the belt. If bags really arrive faster, I need to get to baggage claim faster too.
You think this <temporary> program will actually make the baggage handlers move faster?!?!?

That said, I suppose after March 31, the company will have stats as to which stations will be the worst, and may choose to take some kind of training action.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Too bad they didn't start this a few days ago, when my bags arrived Tuesday (I flew on Monday).
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does anyone know whether the offer would apply to arriving domestic segments of an international itinerary. For example, AMS-DTW-MSP, where I walk the bag through customs at DTW.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Just got the email. Too bad it's only through March. My longest waits are usually after a late evening arrival at DCA when baggage handlers are few and handling multiple late arriving flights.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
What does this say to the average joe flyer? Delta guarantees payment up until March 31, but then nothing? Even if they do advertise this on every billboard possible, it's only for the next 40 days. Everyone is commenting on how they're going to take advantage of this because DL is terrible at delivering checked luggage within 20 minutes -- this promotion (as we all know) isn't going to change that. At least Alaska's guarantee offers $25 instead of the miles, which is something that average joe would appreciate.

Also, 2,500 RDMs means very little because the average flyer (no status, no DL amex card, etc.) has to spend 5,000$ (before government taxes and fees) to earn a roundtrip domestic ticket (excluding partner flights).

This promotion is a joke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.