FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1656250-dl-extends-offer-give-2-500-sm-if-bags-not-delivered-within-20-min-baggage.html)

kettle1 Feb 19, 2015 2:29 am

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

First off, I do not check bags. I was told that starting soon (for a short time) DL will give 2,500 non-Medallion qualifying SkyMiles in the event that bags do not arrive at the baggage claim within 20 minutes.

I have no idea if true (UPDATE: THIS IS TRUE), but I do know the people to be reliable (they do not work for DL, but with contract companies). They said it should be posted on the DL website within the next day or so, on how to claim the miles.

Perhaps something like this: (UPDATED) http://www.delta.com/contactus/pages...ntee/index.jsp

(UPDATED) This link does work for me, but that is what they said.

Take it or leave it. Sounds like a nice thing DL is going to do for those that check bags.

AGAIN, THIS IS A RUMOR. (UPDATE: THIS IS TRUE)

355F1 Feb 19, 2015 2:38 am

Alaska has had this guarantee for awhile. I think they give you $50 off your next flight? Idk...too tired to look on their website. It's 2:30am and I'm going to sleep! :p

tonypct Feb 19, 2015 5:44 am

Hope it's true. I fly out of LGA a lot and will be looking forward to 2500 sky pesos on my return every time I check luggage! ;)

bennos Feb 19, 2015 6:26 am

Originally Posted by tonypct (Post 24377721)
Hope it's true. I fly out of LGA a lot and will be looking forward to 2500 sky pesos on my return every time I check luggage! ;)

JFK too!

RSSrsvp Feb 19, 2015 6:29 am

Seeing is believing!

ScrodmanFL Feb 19, 2015 6:38 am

When does the 20 min start, though? When the cabin door is open? When the baggage hold is opened? When the first cart is filled up and starts heading inside?

NoleATL Feb 19, 2015 6:39 am

Of all places, I expect to collect every time I fly to Key West... bags are closest to the bag belt, takes longer than Atlanta to get your bag. Unless, of course, its the last flight of the night, then the bags come out very fast so the DL folks can get out of there.

Crazyhotelguy Feb 19, 2015 7:09 am

Originally Posted by tonypct (Post 24377721)

Given the speed at MCO, I could requalify for DM in no time, based on the bonus alone. I rarely check bags, but this would incentivise me:)

MSPeconomist Feb 19, 2015 7:16 am

In big airports, how easy is it for even the first passengers off the plane to be at the bag claim belt in twenty minutes? I'm thinking JFK T4 especially, but there would be other examples where twenty minutes could require a dash, such as the end E gates at ATL or the far B/C gates at DTW.

TerryK Feb 19, 2015 7:28 am

Originally Posted by kettle1 (Post 24377248)
First off, I do not check bags. I was told that starting soon (for a short time) DL will give 2,500 non-Medallion qualifying SkyMiles in the event that bags do not arrive at the baggage claim within 20 minutes......

Great news, if true.:)

How does it work in reality? How does DL monitor your baggage delivery time? :confused: When a 747 lands, it can take 20 minutes for the last passenger to get off the aircraft, it can also take more than 20 minutes between the first bag out and last. How does DL track exact time when your bag is out?:confused: I am skeptical until I see T&C.

davetravels Feb 19, 2015 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 24378056)
Given the speed at MCO, I could requalify for DM in no time, based on the bonus alone. I rarely check bags, but this would incentivise me:)

HUH?!? :confused:

Please let us know the secret to non-qualifying RDMs getting you DM status!

:)

orr333 Feb 19, 2015 7:32 am

They will give away the store at PBI. #worstbaggaeserviceever

Dieuwer Feb 19, 2015 8:16 am

http://www.delta.com/contactus/pages...ntee/index.jsp

davetravels Feb 19, 2015 8:20 am

Originally Posted by dieuwer2 (Post 24378367)

"We're committed to providing you with reliable and on-time baggage service every time you fly. That's why we're backing your bags with a guarantee: if your checked bag doesn't arrive at the carousel in 20 minutes or less after any domestic flight through March 31, 2015, you are eligible to receive 2,500 bonus miles. Just complete the below form within three days of your flight's arrival."

Interesting.

So, I guess this is a new <temporary> incentive to get people to check their bags?

Dieuwer Feb 19, 2015 8:23 am

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 24378383)
"We're committed to providing you with reliable and on-time baggage service every time you fly. That's why we're backing your bags with a guarantee: if your checked bag doesn't arrive at the carousel in 20 minutes or less after any domestic flight through March 31, 2015, you are eligible to receive 2,500 bonus miles. Just complete the below form within three days of your flight's arrival."

Interesting.

I wonder how Delta is going to check bag arrival times. Otherwise, you just could say (lie) your bag didn't arrive within 20 mins and get the 2,500 miles.