Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to automated claim form: https://www.delta.com/bags/bagsClaimAutomation.action

Post away DL crediting 2500 miles.
Please list the date, arrival time, and airport and when your bags made it.
  • Sample: 2/23/15 MDT 3:15 PM 28 minutes
Print Wikipost

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Starblazer
DC flights aren't exempt. It's just a typo on the website.

They have the data available for them right now if they wanted those numbers. This just seems to be a ploy to copy AS and win SEA.
By making passengers request the miles (and do so within three days, however that's defined exactly: 72 hours from scheduled arrival time, three full calendar days defined by midnight in ATL or SLC, or???), DL can save a lot of miles versus giving them automatically when it's over twenty minutes according to their system.

Is there a way to take a screenshot of the baggage track info from the app?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jiburi
Alaska's guarantee is that first bags will arrive by :20 after gate arrival, not necessarily when my bags arrive, tho often my bags beats me to the carousel. PS-make sure to save the promo details before DL removes that from the website.... :-)
An airline could make a point to rush expedite and hand carry a single bag from every flight to meet this standard. Most people care about when their own bag arrives, not when the bag appears for one lucky passenger on their flight.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by orca15
FT DELETED THE QUOTE
In response to post #94 above:

The point of checking three bags during this offer is not to collect three times the 2500 miles per destination (which is precluded by the T&C) but to increase the chance that at least one bag will arrive after the twenty minute deadline.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
This is a great way to encourage people to check bags. One of the reasons I hate checking bags is the wait time. This won't encourage me to check my bag since I like to head right to my car or to the cab or rental car bus, etc ASAP and don't find 2,500 skypeso's very valuable compared to the lost time if the bag is more than 20 minutes late.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is there a way to take a screenshot of the baggage track info from the app?
Both Android and iOS have native screen-capture functions. They're typically accessed by pressing the smartphone's home and power buttons simultaneously.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
.... don't find 2,500 skypeso's very valuable compared to the lost time if the bag is more than 20 minutes late.
^ When you have 48 hours or less at home, each minute is gold. Might check bags if they gave gold.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by jiburi
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I didn't check any bag stats in the app, but th website has us arriving at :20, and the carousel didn't even activate until :40, with the first bags not showing up until a couple minutes later...mine much later.
Alaska's guarantee is that first bags will arrive by :20 after gate arrival, not necessarily when my bags arrive, tho often my bags beats me to the carousel. PS-make sure to save the promo details before DL removes that from the website.... :-)
I always claim if my bags don't *all* make it out under T-20. And this is timed from the seatbelt chime.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by ashill
Originally Posted by ThrowDownYourLeavyScreens
There was a Delta sign at baggage belt A-2 in CLT on Tuesday promoting this gah-ron-tee.

I want to say it said 18 minutes and/or 28 minutes, but I'm writing this at 0424 EST and the coffee hasn't yet permeated my brain so I may be misremembering...
I remember noting a banner like that at GEG in December. I'm pretty sure it said "Bags will start coming out within 28 minutes of arrival" (with no mention of any guarantee, emphasis added). I noted it as a rather hilarious reaction to AS's 20 minute guarantee for all bags in an AS stronghold DL's trying to enter.
Ok that is pretty funny.

What's the largest equipment that DL flies into GEG?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
How many RDM's for lost Show Dogs under new Baggage Guarantee Program?

Furious owners claim Delta lost their show dogs at airport, and they were using the Fly Delta app to track their dogs (crates) !!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/F...292816431.html
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by beckoa
Ok that is pretty funny.
What's the largest equipment that DL flies into GEG?
I believe it is their Airbus A320, carrying 150 passengers

However, if you just want seat counts, I believe it is their MD-90 at 160 seats
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by John DELTA
Furious owners claim Delta lost their show dogs at airport, and they were using the Fly Delta app to track their dogs (crates) !!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/F...292816431.html
Don't show dogs fly on FC tickets with their own window seats?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I'm already a winner! Let's see if they pay up.
I just submitted a claim as well. Surprising nobody, it was at JFK's T4. I'm curious to see what technicality might come back here as to why they're not paying. At least the bag showed up, unlike my first flight of the week (bag delayed 12 hours into the next day).
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:09 am

DL will give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage claim

Filing a claim from an LGA arrival tonight. Interested to see how quickly it's processed.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by beckoa
[SIZE=1]Wonder which FTer will collect the most? ;
This promo is so ironic, everyone is hoping their bags come late.

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
So, you file a claim for a delay and their response is "No, our records show otherwise."
Compared to AS agents who will take your word.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
My $0.02. I check my bag almost 100% of the time. There was a time before the merger when NWA was exceptionally slow delivering bags at MSP. After the merger, DL was hit or miss at MSP and other airports with their timeliness at the carousel. They were also notorious for delayed baggage especially at that sewer called DTW. I had my bags delayed 6 times in less than 6 months around 2010/2011.

Anyhow, their baggage service has been superb the past couple of years. But, I rarely fly through DTW any more too. N=1 for a regular bag checker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.