Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to automated claim form: https://www.delta.com/bags/bagsClaimAutomation.action

Post away DL crediting 2500 miles.
Please list the date, arrival time, and airport and when your bags made it.
  • Sample: 2/23/15 MDT 3:15 PM 28 minutes
Print Wikipost

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:16 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Cool policy, but the exceptions regarding international make it useless for me. My last arrival on a domestic DL flight was more than 10 years ago.
Originally Posted by yohanson
Mine was about 6 hours ago. People need to find alternatives to meeting in person. Why give money to an airline if you don't need to.
Yeah, I realize I'm a bit of an exception in flying patterns for a DM. Unlimited domestic upgrades don't mean a lot to me. I'm at 100% lifetime, but that is simply because I've only had one eligible flight.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by yohanson
Why give money to an airline if you don't need to.
I agree. But isn't there an entire internet forum out there about frequent flyers that involves mileage running and up-faring for various reasons, etc.?

Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:31 pm

I submitted a claim on the 22nd, nothing yet.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:15 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by melissaru
Waited 41 minutes for my bag at LAS on Feb. 21. At T-30 I filled out the requisite website page and submitted. Haven't heard a word about confirmation or received miles.
With the moving of the DL carousel from 6 to 16 means that it now takes 20 minutes from gate to carousel. Especially if the flight arrives at one of the 40's gates. I've waited 20 minutes once I got to the carousel, it will be interesting to see how this works .
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by puddinhead
With the moving of the DL carousel from 6 to 16 means that it now takes 20 minutes from gate to carousel. Especially if the flight arrives at one of the 40's gates. I've waited 20 minutes once I got to the carousel, it will be interesting to see how this works .
I very rarely check bags. The last time I did, I think DL uses carousel 14 and 16 in LAS.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Last trip bags didn't show up. Oh well, try again.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:32 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kettle1
I very rarely check bags. The last time I did, I think DL uses carousel 14 and 16 in LAS.
Yes, those are next to the parking lot for T2 (old international and before that AA).

I liked it better when they were at the bottom of the escalator from the tram.

My next trip has 2 Pelican cases with a case of Maker's Mark Mint Julip in them. Checking is the only option. When I did this last year someone put a smiley face on the TSA tag. Only in KY (LEX)...
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Checked my bag last Friday flying GSO-ATL-AUS. Bags were coming out in AUS 15 minutes after we docked with all the priority tagged bags first. I was disappointed not to get the miles but impressed with the bag handling ^
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:52 pm
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Took them 30min from arrival to the time my bag was on the carousel from ATL-MCO last Thursday. Took 19 min tonight from arrival to carousel from ATL-RIC...almost another 2,500
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I think the experiment isn't to see how fast the bags can be handled (they already know this), it's to see to what extent the guarantee causes more people to check bags.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:18 am

2500 miles from my claim on February 20 posted today.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GH83
2500 miles from my claim on February 20 posted today.
So about ten days to post those points......and only three days are allowed to make the claim.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So about ten days to post those points......and only three days are allowed to make the claim.
I'm pleasantly surprised they paid out without my having to follow up.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by GH83
I'm pleasantly surprised they paid out without my having to follow up.
Same here. Claim filed on the 20th for a flight on the 20th, and miles posted today. Agree with GH83 - no follow-up, no muss, no fuss. Good on them for honouring the program (as long as we keep them accountable ).
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:25 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I filed on the 19th, but still haven't received anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.