Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Increasing Medallion Qualifying Dollar Thresholds in 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Increasing Medallion Qualifying Dollar Thresholds in 2015

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
BTW, are law enforcement people supposed to ask others for credit cards?
Obviously, I was kidding. I don't even ask my wife to borrow her credit card.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by Delta Points
LOL! I talked direct to head Delta PR person and was told more info tomorrow. No comment today. They would NOT confirm or deny Brian's info. We must stand by.

*BTW I did NOT, as I sometimes get, info that is "embargoed" that is I get inside info but can not post till some time later on. This time I am in the blind too!
Clearly another got the scoop.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Well, I may be a little hard pressed to make the 2nd threshold on my new-ish DL Amex business card before Dec 31 . . . . .

Any idears???

I volunteer to help. I promise to try my very best to put lots of big charges onto your card, even if doing so costs me some redeemable miles.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by davetravels
Well, I may be a little hard pressed to make the 2nd threshold on my new-ish DL Amex business card before Dec 31 . . . . .

Any idears???

Yeah, you can buy me a new car ^ and a 1st class ticket on Singapore Air Lines JFK to SIN on the A380.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
Obviously, I was kidding. I don't even ask my wife to borrow her credit card.
But does she borrow your card? Of course, I assume that this would just be an attempt on her part to help you to get more DL miles. I'm sure that you would appropriately appreciate and reward her sacrifice on your behalf.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:02 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I volunteer to help. I promise to try my very best to put lots of big charges onto your card, even if doing so costs me some redeemable miles.
I think what you're <jokingly> proposing is ever so slightly against the SM rules, and your SM account will be subject to FORFEITURE!!!

Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:39 pm
Suspended

But does she borrow your card? Of course, I assume that this would just be an attempt on her part to help you to get more DL miles. I'm sure that you would appropriately appreciate and reward her sacrifice on your behalf.
negative. She has the Hilton Premier card. She wrongly assumes that its my job to help her build up her Hilton points.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
I expect the average ticket price to rise about 17% next year, and this apparent change seems to reflect this
Agree! I suspect that DL (and UA and AA) will increase fares about 15 - 20% next year, hence the approx. 20% increase in MQDs. I suspect that the status tier requirements will increase every few years until there is another really bad downturn in the economy for the airlines. We can all hope that AA will buck the dollar trends, but, IMHO, they won't if it works for DL and UA.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:17 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Talking

Originally Posted by Delta Points
I am almost the same numbers but I do NOT need a new hobby!

I should end year with about 7500MQD spend and about 275,000 MQMs.
Yeah...I just wanted to bank a crap-ton of MQMs so I will have DM for the next few years. I won't do any more MR after Jan 1....but I WILL use the MR forum for vacations as I DO travel all over for fun probably more than anyone as I have a lot of free time.

I will have a quite a few GUCs to use over the next few years and over 600,000 SkyMiles.

I'll figure out how to use all of that over the next few years, I guess...

Delta can't hate me TOO much....even though like 80% of my MQMs are from MRing this year.....they picked me up in a Porsche at JFK last week for my THREE-HOUR layover.....WHILE ON A MR!!!!

LIFE IS GOOD!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I'm unsurprised, but I'd still like to see the OP cite a source. Or describe a source. Or somehow acknowledge that this information came from somewhere other than his imagination.
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
Clearly another got the scoop.
Can't confirm it, but my sources tell me TPG was tipped off by AMEX
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:48 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Can't confirm it, but my sources tell me TPG was tipped off by AMEX
Possibly!
Or someone else with an INSIDE SCOOP!
But not from someone at Delta.
One does not want to 'burn' one's sources, especially the Inside sources, right?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:18 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm going to be Silver Medallion next year with about $2600 in spend. Coming up with an extra $400 wouldn't have been hard. If it means a better experience for me (more upgrades, more increases in service and hopefully a better SM program) than I'm for it
It won't mean a better experience for you.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:47 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by relangford
Agree! I suspect that DL (and UA and AA) will increase fares about 15 - 20% next year, hence the approx. 20% increase in MQDs. I suspect that the status tier requirements will increase every few years until there is another really bad downturn in the economy for the airlines. We can all hope that AA will buck the dollar trends, but, IMHO, they won't if it works for DL and UA.
They have done at least that this year. I've already hit the "new" MQD requirement for DM even though I'm 9K MQM short. But, having said that, I still see business travel continuing to dropping off as technology increases. At some point, the airlines are going to be catering more to the recreational traveler. Maybe not in the next few years but I see it definitely coming.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by berliner5000
Quote:

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

Management may see some benefit to trimming the FO and GM ranks and may continue to hope to use MQDs to do so. But, I still do not see MQDs as an intent to trim the PM and, especially, DM ranks. Rather, MQDs are intended, IMHO, as another means of driving folks at the level to AMEX spend.

As long as the AMEX waiver is in effect, and as long as I have not fully retired, I cannot envision a situation where MQDs will become a significant consideration for me.

Why trim your lowest elites that derive the least amount of &quot;perks&quot; from your program? Their goal should be to trim the PM/DMs because those are the members that have better access to FC, less fees, etc.
None of the above. DL would like MORE elites, not fewer, they just want each one to have spent more to get there. They know many people will spend extra to remain elite.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by seanp7
The rest of this thread: People saying it's the last straw and then important people saying how this is a good move for them, boasting that they already exceed the new limits easily. Next...
You forgot about shareholders and haters celebrating an additional hurdle for the gamers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.