Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL DM 2.85MM, Priority Platinum
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
10 seconds per tag X 100 bags would be over 16 minutes. Even only 50 bags would be over 8 minutes. If AS can get the bags out in SEA in 20 minutes and DL takes 40, it is logical to assume that it is taking some extra time to put all those tags on the bags.
Just like you get your bags off of a conveyor belt they are placed on one down in the handling area. I couple of well trained monkeys sitting at the end of the belt before it goes to the carousel could attach the tags as the bags go by. total time lost in the transaction from moving bags from the baggage train to the belt to the carousel is ZERO seconds.

Some people need to work on critical thinking. The act of tagging the bags does not in any way affect the delivery of the bags. That said the speed of the less motivated ramp rats could easily explain the lost time. Place blame where it lies.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by Earthlings
Any picture of the advertisement?
gotta read da thread, the whole thread (though the link goes to the post with the pictures of the offending tags):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22584448-post45.html

Last edited by FlyingUnderTheRadar; Mar 25, 2014 at 8:40 pm
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL DM 2.85MM, Priority Platinum
Originally Posted by Earthlings
Any picture of the advertisement?
See post 45.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:49 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I'm flying to SEA tomorrow -- almost makes me want to check my bag
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Often1
Thanks to Seabridge for answering a simple question.

The rest of the conspiracy theorists can rest easy. Doesn't look from the photo as though anybody suffered any harm.

Oh the horror of it all!
So under your reasoning, it would be fine if the plane were to pull away from the gate and the Captain stopped and said, "Folks, we are going to sit here for ten minutes, even though we've been cleared for take-off. At the end of that ten minutes, I'm going to tell you about the American Express card." After all, there is no problem with delaying you for ten minutes so that the Captain can shill. Mind you, it will be a quick AmEx mention at the end of ten minutes, but you will have to sit on the tarmac, delaying your arrival ten minutes, while the Captain readies his message.

Something tells me you wouldn't like that. Six seconds for each of 100 bags is ten minutes.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Usually, I'm opposed to littering. But if they did this to me (they didn't to/from SFO last week and this morning) I'd tear their ads up and drop the pieces on the floor, then pointedly remove the destination tags and carefully throw them in the trash.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Coming soon... AMEX adds on the lav paper.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:15 pm

Word on the street is that in DL's next in-flight safety video, Deltalina will do the finger wag and follow by saying "...and traveling without your American Express SkyMiles card should not be permitted on any Delta flight." Get an autographed picture when you sign up in flight!!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA-EXP,MAR-LTP;WoH-E;HH-G
Talking

You think that story is bad, I wasn't even on a DL flight, I was on an AS flight that landed back in SEA after a flight to Southern California.

When I opened my bag after I got home, there was an extra t-shirt that had the graphic of the front and back of that tag silk screened on the front and back of the shirt! When I took the shirt out, a pre-filled application for a Delta Amex with a pen to sign my name at the bottom fell out of it!

And there I was thinking the NSA was bad...
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by CJKatl
So under your reasoning, it would be fine if the plane were to pull away from the gate and the Captain stopped and said, "Folks, we are going to sit here for ten minutes, even though we've been cleared for take-off. At the end of that ten minutes, I'm going to tell you about the American Express card." After all, there is no problem with delaying you for ten minutes so that the Captain can shill. Mind you, it will be a quick AmEx mention at the end of ten minutes, but you will have to sit on the tarmac, delaying your arrival ten minutes, while the Captain readies his message.

Something tells me you wouldn't like that. Six seconds for each of 100 bags is ten minutes.
This is why the silly FT habit of concocting analogies, doesn't work. It's not analogous, it doesn't work and it doesn't matter. Other than that, it's great.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by k2
Just so I understand, from your perspective a complaint is only valid if the person suffered harm? I think you need to find a new forum.
Regretably, you don't understand.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K
If you're talking about toilet paper, somehow this wouldn't actually upset me

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Originally Posted by wp_kid
If you're talking about toilet paper, somehow this wouldn't actually upset me
It was a slow pitch across the center of the plate, and you connected for a home run.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HY-PL, National-Executive Elite, Hilton - Gold, Marriot-Gold, IGH-Gold
No joke, my flight to KGEG is Alaska. Already the service has been better. The employees have been very friendly, and the Board Room was very nice!

My return flight to MSP is on Delta. I am tempted to check a bag to see if the AMEX tag-plague has spread East!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by klrsmith
You think that story is bad, I wasn't even on a DL flight, I was on an AS flight that landed back in SEA after a flight to Southern California.

When I opened my bag after I got home, there was an extra t-shirt that had the graphic of the front and back of that tag silk screened on the front and back of the shirt! When I took the shirt out, a pre-filled application for a Delta Amex with a pen to sign my name at the bottom fell out of it!

And there I was thinking the NSA was bad...
AS doesn't associate with AMEX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.