Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:31 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Vegas has annoying mobile billboards - lighted signs on flatbed trucks that drive 15 MPH below the limit along the Las Vegas Strip and other roads. The peak was the Deja Vu stripper mobile which was a box truck with Plexiglas sides and a stripper with a stripper pole inside. It drove up and down the strip also until the mobile billboard company owners complained that it was distracting.

Photo gallery here

More advertising in your face...
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by HongKonger
...Being plastered with ads all the time makes me want to avoid, not purchase, that company's products.
Amen to that. Although I imagine that advertisers think this is what they have to do to cut through the clutter of advertisements the average person is exposed to on a daily basis.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Now we are venturing into complaining about too much advertising on the world. We have gone off track from the real issue... Delta using OUR property to advertise their crap.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HY-PL, National-Executive Elite, Hilton - Gold, Marriot-Gold, IGH-Gold
Originally Posted by Frogbone
Now we are venturing into complaining about too much advertising on the world. We have gone off track from the real issue... Delta using OUR property to advertise their crap.
THIS ^^^^^^^^^:-:
Old Mar 28, 2014, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by bjohnsonmn
coverage of this thread by travel websites.
Interesting that one of the sites contacted Delta, who said before this thread, they'd not heard of any negative feedback regarding the tags.

But it has started a conversation, as pointed out, how Alaska has been able to do such a better job than DL in delivering bags to the carousel. So the tags may not be annoying to a majority (seems to be implied), but it reminds people how ruddy awful DL is in getting bags out at SEA.

An ad campaign which makes the advertiser look bad and Brand X look good, can only be described as a fail. I wonder how long it'll take for DL to realize this and stop this campaign.

See: Is Delta Angering Passengers in Seattle Over Bag Tags?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
much ado about nothing...all of this is bluster
Old Mar 29, 2014, 5:50 am

Programs: DL DM 2.85MM, Priority Platinum
Anybody know if the ramp rats are Delta, Alaska or third party contractors? This could make a difference on the priority given to the bags and the motivation of said rats.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 7:16 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by fromYXU
Maybe this is not targeted to you but new and occasional flyers who had to pay to check a bag. Not everything is about PM/DMs.

Delta will do this if it pays off. I do not think they are interested in a marketing scheme that looses money.
Sure they are. They're interested in a scheme that looses it from your pockets and puts it into theirs.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
An obvious response here would be for the FT community to come up with a bag tag that resembles the AMEX one, but with our own message to DL. If widely distributed and proudly displayed, these could send a message...

I am yet to find a KM tag, but here they get recognition. ....
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
An obvious response here would be for the FT community to come up with a bag tag that resembles the AMEX one, but with our own message to DL. If widely distributed and proudly displayed, these could send a message...

I am yet to find a KM tag, but here they get recognition. ....
How about: "Place Your Advertisement Here for Only $50!"
Old Mar 29, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - Delta Platinum - Hyatt Platinum - Hertz President Circle - NEXUS - Global Entry
Originally Posted by boss315
much ado about nothing...all of this is bluster
^^^^^^^^^ This!!

Absolutely unbelievable that so much anger over something that will take you 2 seconds to tear off.

IF it is determined that tagging bags is delaying them getting to the carousel, THEN there might be a valid concern.

Otherwise..lighten up guys!
Old Mar 29, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond; SPG Gold; MR Platinum :)
Originally Posted by puddinhead
So are you going to get the Amex card or not?
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:51 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by terryb99
^^^^^^^^^ This!!

Absolutely unbelievable that so much anger over something that will take you 2 seconds to tear off.

IF it is determined that tagging bags is delaying them getting to the carousel, THEN there might be a valid concern.

Otherwise..lighten up guys!
How could it possibly not delay the bags?

Also, would you like some company to paint an ad on the side of your car? If DL or Amex wants to use my property to advertise they can pay for it. If this ever happens to my bag I'm sending them an invoice.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - Delta Platinum - Hyatt Platinum - Hertz President Circle - NEXUS - Global Entry
Originally Posted by HongKonger
How could it possibly not delay the bags?

Also, would you like some company to paint an ad on the side of your car? If DL or Amex wants to use my property to advertise they can pay for it. If this ever happens to my bag I'm sending them an invoice.
Think you missed the part where I said "that you can tear off in 2 seconds"

Little different than putting an ad on my car.

Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by puddinhead
Vegas has annoying mobile billboards - lighted signs on flatbed trucks that drive 15 MPH below the limit along the Las Vegas Strip and other roads. The peak was the Deja Vu stripper mobile which was a box truck with Plexiglas sides and a stripper with a stripper pole inside. It drove up and down the strip also until the mobile billboard company owners complained that it was distracting.

Photo gallery here

More advertising in your face...
Not to mention that you might have to look at these if you want to avoid being longhauled by the cab driver...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.