Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:23 am
k2

I'm putting NO SOLICITING signs on my bags (and jackets in case DL takes SHIB's lapel pin advice).
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by kmovies
I suspect that the 40 minute delay was NOT due to the advertising attached to the bag.

When you wait at the drive through lane at Hardees, and it takes 5 minutes to get the food, it's not that the delay was caused by them adding a coupon insert in your bag of burgers and fries.

39:55 to get your bag - no problem
40:00 to get your bag with an extra tag - huge issue
Originally Posted by Frogbone
You have completely missed the point here

And, again. ^

The rebuttal "works" if there is only one checked bag to be tagged.

With 50 or more bags on the plane, the last bag off is going to be delayed a bit more that 5 seconds due to the time required to tag all the bags ahead.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Frogbone
SEA is notorious for delayed bag delivery to the carousel.
Well, just enforce the 20 minute guarantee. What's the probl..... oh wait, never mind. Wrong forum.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:33 am
Suspended

Is it legal to seize someones property and use it for advertisement purposes? I wonder what the courts would say about this behavior.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by HongKonger
In HKG the close button actually closes the elevator door.
I have experienced that first hand.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by bjohnsonmn
Jeffy's falling behind!! I'd say he's in trouble and might be on the way out, but that might give UA PAX and Employees too much false hope...
I don't think those 2 ducks with the "Fly United" are PC any more.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'd be pretty annoyed at having advertising tags attached to my luggage... probably up there on the occasion when I find a card from the TSA saying they rummaged through my bag looking for valuables. The longer I have to wait, the more likely I'd end up ripping it off and tossing it on the carousel.

Wonder if they'll start doing it at BOS too... they already ignore priority most of the time.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Placing advertising on your personal property is pretty gauche.

Maybe people should put advertising on Delta's personal property. AS stickers in DL planes, AA signs on the Skyclub door, someone standing near DL's check-in counters with a sandwich board saying "Next time you could be on United!"
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
I should point out that AMEX is an accomplice to this. While everyone is getting mad a DL (and rightfully so), let's not forget that AMEX plays a huge part here.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by florin
I should point out that AMEX is an accomplice to this. While everyone is getting mad a DL (and rightfully so), let's not forget that AMEX plays a huge part here.
Many years ago I worked at a company that sent out a huge volume of solicitations accompanied by postage-paid envelopes. Occasionally someone would apparently get irritated and take one of those envelopes, stuff it full of as much junk as they could, and mail it back to us.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by florin
I disagree.

To be sure, the tags were Amex, but it's Delta that exploited its customers.

It's Delta that chose to sell themselves for a quick buck I mean to sell advertising for a quick buck.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Maybe FTers should collect a number of these and tie them to car bumpers in the employee parking lot on Virginia Avenue
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
soon upon deplaning the FAs will pat you on the back on your way out and later on you'll discover an apply for amex sticker on your back
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta Plat; AA; UA; USAir; HHonors; Priority Club
And it could add no time to luggage handling. maybe they are placed on the belt and then a tag added while it is on the belt, so no time added. or maybe they did line up the bags along the runaway and had a senior citizen add each tag one by one, and then after 35 minutes, the bags were rushed.

Actually, no big deal, but interesting topic. And I haven't heard the credit card pitches on the planes lately. Once in a while, yes. Probably 1% of the FAs really push them and the other 99% don't. So, with 5 FAs on a flight, might get the pitch 5% of the time. I know, some will say that it happens on every flight, and maybe I am lucky, but advertising is everywhere.

TV program - 60 minutes - less 17 mintues of ads = 43 minutes, then they have the station logo on the right hand corner of the program. Then there is product placment during the show, then there are teasers that cover 20% of the program advertising what's on next week or there new show coming in 2 weeks.

Take the tag off the bag, go home, relax. Fly next week, get another tag, take off bag, go home, relax, repeat.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:27 am

When I read "my bag dropped..." I thought it had dropped off the plane, while flying. Thanks OP for making me laugh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.