Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 2:27 am

Programs: DL DM 2.85MM, Priority Platinum
Originally Posted by sethb
And the half dozen other people whose bags didn't come out? Were they all at the wrong carousel? And the other bags that showed up later were what?
Okay if you believe one cart of a baggage train from an airplane was 'mislaid' then that is what happened. BTW what color eggs do you want for Easter?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
441 today ... the first bags showed up at about 18 min; most of those that came down early had the little AmEx shill tag and no visible evidence of priority (yellow tag, or status tag)

mine came down at 20 min; it has a status tag, and I got a yellow tag when I checked in at DCA, but it didn't show up with an AmEx tag attached

strangely, though, my big yellow FT tag is missing in action
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
441 today ... the first bags showed up at about 18 min; most of those that came down early had the little AmEx shill tag and no visible evidence of priority (yellow tag, or status tag)

mine came down at 20 min; it has a status tag, and I got a yellow tag when I checked in at DCA, but it didn't show up with an AmEx tag attached

strangely, though, my big yellow FT tag is missing in action
The people attaching the AmEx ad tags know who you are!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by RollsRoyceAndy
Okay if you believe one cart of a baggage train from an airplane was 'mislaid' then that is what happened. BTW what color eggs do you want for Easter?
I wasn't there, so I don't know what happened. I choose to believe the stories told by the people who were. Apparently you know better than they do.

Could you apply your farseeing abilities to find the keys I lost the other day?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:46 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Is anyone selling "Amex sucks, hands off my bag!" tags? I'd buy a couple...
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:15 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by florin
Is anyone selling "Amex sucks, hands off my bag!" tags? I'd buy a couple...
^^^ That goes back to my idea from a previous post... I know there are creative individuals on here who could whip these out.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:38 am

Programs: DL DM 2.85MM, Priority Platinum
Originally Posted by sethb
Could you apply your farseeing abilities to find the keys I lost the other day?
They are where you left them.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HY-PL, National-Executive Elite, Hilton - Gold, Marriot-Gold, IGH-Gold
Originally Posted by hoosiereph
A colleague's recent experience makes it appear that the ads are being applied by personnel hired by American Express marketing.

He arrived in SEA last week on the midday flight from MSP. Other checked bags come out after about 35 minutes. He and a half dozen other pax are left standing around, no bags. They stand in line at the DL baggage office, file their missing bags reports.

Report filed, he gets on the bus to the rental car facility and is headed to pick up his rental car when his cell phone rings. "Mr. xxxx, we've located your bag. Please return to the baggage office to claim it."

So he picks up his car, drives it back to the terminal garage, and heads to the office where the agent has several bags set out -- all tagged with the ads. The agent told him, sheepishly, that the contract guys from AmEx marketing had mislaid them while putting the tags on.
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
Seriously Delta... C'mon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.