Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: Thai Gold, UA, AA, SWA
First of all there is no proof of what the OP is claiming. Went through 5 pages - no picture of the offending ad. If they didn't plaster the ad on your body, this rant is making a mountain out of a mole hill. And I bet the OP has a few Nike branded T shirts which he paid for - to advertise Nike.

Must be a slow news day, to have 13 pages of comments.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by duniawala
First of all there is no proof of what the OP is claiming. Went through 5 pages - no picture of the offending ad. If they didn't plaster the ad on your body, this rant is making a mountain out of a mole hill. And I bet the OP has a few Nike branded T shirts which he paid for - to advertise Nike.

There were pictures somewhere in this thread yesterday. You need either to look at more pages or to change MyFlyerTalk to display more (40) posts per page.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:35 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by duniawala

I doubt that - photos are in post #45.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by puddinhead
I doubt that - photos are in post #45.
He/she didn't say which five pages.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by bjohnsonmn
That is all not to have DYKWIA moment.

There's always the question of whether Delta listens to it's HVC's, MVC's, or any customer at all. I hope that they don't. Because, if they do, it means they ignore the feedback.
Maybe this is not targeted to you but new and occasional flyers who had to pay to check a bag. Not everything is about PM/DMs.

Delta will do this if it pays off. I do not think they are interested in a marketing scheme that looses money.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:13 pm

Are there any pictures? (I have not had the time to read every post in here, my apologies if my question has been answered before.)

In case there was some sort of glue involved, I would definitely claim that my suitcase had been damaged by DL. If they want to use my bag for publicity, they'd better pay the owner for the space.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:26 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by SeaBridge
From my bag arriving Saturday in Seattle, and yes, there was a noticeable delay.

Why are so many people having a hard time finding milepost 45?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by andymo99
Why are so many people having a hard time finding milepost 45?
Or the guy a couple posts up who missed the post just two above his LOL
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by mmff
Are there any pictures? (I have not had the time to read every post in here, my apologies if my question has been answered before.)

In case there was some sort of glue involved, I would definitely claim that my suitcase had been damaged by DL. If they want to use my bag for publicity, they'd better pay the owner for the space.
Yes Virginia there are pictures, so it really did happen.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
Was it US or WN that used to put ads on the tray tables?

Now that was class.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:57 pm

DL puts ads on cocktail napkins, although the Santa bear ones at least are cute.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sethb
The owner gets paid for the advertising in each of those cases. Your use of the word "my" does not mean ownership.

(Unless you own a taxi fleet, in which case you would get paid for the ads on your taxis.)
Though I do wonder how many pay attention to the ads in taxis (I usually work while I am in one, or look outside, or play on my phone, or am too drunk to even care what they are...)
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HY-PL, National-Executive Elite, Hilton - Gold, Marriot-Gold, IGH-Gold
For those STILL saying it is a small issue. Yes, on it's own it comes down to placing unauthorized advertising on my private property... Property issue.

But, in the context of the larger two issues, the devaluing of the SM program, and the famously slow baggage delivery at SEA, it is a bigger deal.

Oh, and -10 for not finding the photos on this thread, or the other coverage of this thread by travel websites.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:41 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Though I do wonder how many pay attention to the ads in taxis (I usually work while I am in one, or look outside, or play on my phone, or am too drunk to even care what they are...)
Every time I get in a cab in LAS I hear some annoying ad on those new TV screens they've installed in the cabs. At first it was grade A excretory orifice Steve Wynn but last time I was there it changed to someone not famous but still annoying. At least you can turn off the sound.

In many HKG cabs there are video screens that play 1-2 ads you can't turn off before you are allowed to control the screen. As soon as I have the option I turn it off.

Being plastered with ads all the time makes me want to avoid, not purchase, that company's products.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by fromYXU
Maybe this is not targeted to you but new and occasional flyers who had to pay to check a bag. Not everything is about PM/DMs.

Delta will do this if it pays off. I do not think they are interested in a marketing scheme that looses money.
This. There are far more people paying for bags than not. The ads are targeted to those that could save on their bag fees. What DL needs to do it not tag bags where there are no fees.

It would be interesting to get an opinion from a kettle that had to pay $xx to check their bag and whether they saw the ad as such a cataclysmic event as some on here do, or whether they saw it as a benefit they didn't know about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.