Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will delta honor a pricing glitch?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
From the fare levels, I've been wondering whether these could be some sort of non rev rates that were mistakenly released to the general public. Or perhaps a programmer got the decimal point wrong. IIRC both of these have been causes of some previous mistake fares, not necessarily on DL. If they're B-UP fares, that might support the decimal point theory.
(Bolding mine) MrWeezer originally wondered the same about yield/buddy pass fares. Without providing any specifics, a quick (and very unscientific) cross check of some of the fares posted on FT & in media reports indicates that's not the case. Some were close to yield fares, others not.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
i'm just wondering if some genius who scored some mistake fare will write a letter of complaint to Delta asking for the full value of the ticket towards the MQD threshold...

'Dear Delta, ordinarily, this I fare would have cost me $3,000.00. However, due to the fare glitch last week and the emotional toll its caused me and my family, I think it would only be appropriate for Delta to compensate me for what would have been the full fare in MQD and the extra MQM's in my skymiles account. Thank you in advance for your understanding'.

Last edited by DL2SXM; Dec 27, 2013 at 2:37 pm
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
i'm just wondering if some genius who scored some mistake fare will write a letter of complaint to Delta asking for the full value of the ticket towards the MQS threshold...

'Dear Delta, ordinarily, this I fare would have cost me $3,000.00. However, due to the fare glitch last week and the emotional toll its caused me and my family, I think it would only be appropriate for Delta to compensate me for what would have been the full fare in MQS and the extra MQM's in my skymiles account. Thank you in advance for your understanding'.
Do you mean MQDs?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by motytrah
Because DL is operating under federal DOT rules and Best Buy is operating under state advertising laws. You should have gone to your State Attorney General.

FWIW Best Buy has a fairly clear Errors disclaimer on the conditions of use legalize. Which is more than I can say about most of DL's CoC.
It wouldn't matter. Many DOT rules state that an airline can't get out of them via contract, including this one.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
random luck mostly. i usually miss out too but this one i got in on because i am on dansdeals facebook group and i saw someone post a question about delta's website error... that made me think must be mistake fare and found the info quickly thereafter

some things you can do are:

1) set up alerts on slickdeals for each of the major airlines. You might get a lot of false positives but this would have alerted you

2) set up feedly to track the major blogs. this got posted to dansdeals

beyond that i can't think of much beyond spending 24/7 in mileage run forum
Heh, the original point of the DD FB group was to send out instant alerts to all group members of price glitches.
Then FB took that functionality away

But the WSJ writer was alerted to the deal via the @DansDeals tweet it seems.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you mean MQDs?
yeah, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out. I was looking at MQS which is obviously segments. I was thinking S for spend.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:49 pm

Cool pricing glitch

The pricing glitch will be honored IF a ticket number was generated. As terms and conditions read,'no fare is guaranteed until ticketed'. Even if you got a $20.00 roundtrip ticket, the airline HAS TO honor it as long as there's a ticket number. (006**********).I hope a lot of people got lucky. I didn't. :-(
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by javabytes
Just full of holiday cheer, aren't you, bubba?

I get you appreciate Delta's efforts to improve margins. I don't get where your spite and disdain comes from.
Sorry but 5 pages of folks bragging about an essential theft kind of puts me in a mood. I have scruples. Yes dl published it...yes dl is honoring it....yes you all know it is a mistake and took advantage. Period. So many on here say I feel that I am better than others. That couldn't be further from the truth until this charade. I am better than a common thief. I don't take advantage.

Last edited by bubbashow; Dec 27, 2013 at 8:58 pm
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:51 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Sorry but 5 pages of folks bragging about an essential theft kind of puts me in a mood. I have scruples. Yes dl published it...yes dl is honoring it....yes you all know it is a mistake and took advantage. Period.
That's quite an accusation. Did your stock go down today, or something?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
That's quite an accusation. Did your stock go down today, or something?
I have scruples. Many don't. Has nothing to do with stock.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:17 pm

Programs: AS 75k
I have scruples. Many don't. Has nothing to do with stock.
While I chose not to take advantage of this deal, I don't think any less of those who did. Do you believe that the actions of DL management & employees are always scrupulous? I certainly don't, so have no problem with turnabout being fair play in this instance.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by flymonthly
While I chose not to take advantage of this deal, I don't think any less of those who did. Do you believe that the actions of DL management & employees are always scrupulous? I certainly don't, so have no problem with turnabout being fair play in this instance.
So two wrongs make a right? I have had no problems with DL and its employees. I have been treated fairly by them in all instances. You live with what you can. I know I can hold my head higher than those who do this. It is theft. it's like a grocery item that should cost 7.99 scanning for .79. Sure, there was an error on the part of the grocery store, but you know you are stealing.

Look at me, trying to make a moral stance to a group that prides itself on stealing, gaming, and trickery. There are many on here that will steal the pillow or blanket from BE and stuff their pockets with Splenda at Starbucks all because you paid your money. Pitiful. I am BETTER than those people.

I am glad that DL has established MQD because in the past, these same thieves would have used their 100 rt fares as basis for all types of demands to DL as their "most valuable" customers. Now, DL is tracking it...it is available to every employee that sees your record. They know what you are worth. Its too bad that many of these people don't know their own worth - in the grand scheme of things.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Ahem. The vagaries of the ethics & morals of taking advantage of this deal is also under discussion here should anyone want to continue that discussion there.

Last edited by tcook052; Dec 28, 2013 at 12:44 am
Old Dec 28, 2013, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by tcook052
Ahem. The vagaries of the ethics & morals of taking advantage of this deal is also under discussion here should anyone want to continue that discussion there.
I see nothing vague about it
Old Dec 28, 2013, 1:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Sorry but 5 pages of folks bragging about an essential theft kind of puts me in a mood. I have scruples. Yes dl published it...yes dl is honoring it....yes you all know it is a mistake and took advantage. Period. So many on here say I feel that I am better than others. That couldn't be further from the truth until this charade. I am better than a common thief. I don't take advantage.
It was a mistake. You have to live with your mistakes. Delta is doing just that by making the right decision to honor the fares. If I make a mistake and book a ticket for the wrong date then I have to live with it. In that case Delta makes a handsome profit off of me in change fees and fare difference. I don't go running around accusing DL of stealing from me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.