Wiki Posts
Search

Will delta honor a pricing glitch?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2014, 11:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by LemonThrower
you say that as if some FTers and some airlines are different from others.

the whole point of miles is to induce more spending. but the airlines were not satisfied with that so they constantly change the rules, move the goals, limit inventory, etc. if the miles were as represented, and could be easily redeemed, there would be no FT. its only because the airlines are essentially deceptive - the provide the illusion of one thing, and then deliver something much less - that you need to spend hours on FT to get close to the value you were led to believe.

and then the whole purpose of FT is to allow you to maximize that value. is that gaming, cheating, greedy, gluttony? pejorative labels are not helpful imho. i don't see how a mileage run is much different from a mistake fare.
You need to read more carefully. I have not been using those terms. Another poster has though.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:41 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG PLT, HHONORS DIA, Emerald Exc Elt
I only read about 5 posts and I could feel the tension between some. The morning of the glitch, I went to search for a one way ticket from SDF to OMA and it came out at $38.00. I knew something was wrong and I called the diamond desk. They explained that something must have been wrong but advised me to go ahead and book it anyway. She said "I would jump on it right away and take advantage, it might be a glitch but if it lets you book it then we have to honor it". At that point I hanged up and went to book quite a few trips. I didn't need the glitch since it's mostly business budgeted travel, but I wasn't going to wait for it to go back up again. Hello! I ended booking a trip with my wife from Mco to HNL on 1/24 as well. I gave delta over $20K in spent last year and I don't feel like I cheated anything. It happens, and quite honestly this was a much needed break. They're still getting my usual business this year but since I'm doing a premier 1k challenge they'll have to wait until March when I'm done ranking up UA. I'm ok with the new qualifications terms, I agree that some people abused the system and got elite with less efforts than others, but in my case I reached diamond on segments alone. 184 segments to be exact. Trust me, it takes a toll especially connecting in ATL. This year I'll do it with miles as well thanks to West coast being in my future which is why I'm doing UA challenge. They have better routing for some routes this year and it's my company pushing for it, otherwise I'd stick to just one airline and keep loyalty in one piece. I feel like I'm cheating UA travelers by doing a quick challenge.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Elichante
I only read about 5 posts and I could feel the tension between some. The morning of the glitch, I went to search for a one way ticket from SDF to OMA and it came out at $38.00. I knew something was wrong and I called the diamond desk. They explained that something must have been wrong but advised me to go ahead and book it anyway. She said "I would jump on it right away and take advantage, it might be a glitch but if it lets you book it then we have to honor it". At that point I hanged up and went to book quite a few trips. I didn't need the glitch since it's mostly business budgeted travel, but I wasn't going to wait for it to go back up again. Hello! I ended booking a trip with my wife from Mco to HNL on 1/24 as well. I gave delta over $20K in spent last year and I don't feel like I cheated anything. It happens, and quite honestly this was a much needed break. They're still getting my usual business this year but since I'm doing a premier 1k challenge they'll have to wait until March when I'm done ranking up UA. I'm ok with the new qualifications terms, I agree that some people abused the system and got elite with less efforts than others, but in my case I reached diamond on segments alone. 184 segments to be exact. Trust me, it takes a toll especially connecting in ATL. This year I'll do it with miles as well thanks to West coast being in my future which is why I'm doing UA challenge. They have better routing for some routes this year and it's my company pushing for it, otherwise I'd stick to just one airline and keep loyalty in one piece. I feel like I'm cheating UA travelers by doing a quick challenge.
Glad you survived.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: DL PM,1MM
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
As people fly, please post whether you are earning miles and MQMs. And able to SDC. I have one itinerary that I want to SDC and hope they dont give me a hard time although I understand why they would not allow it on these.
I'm flying my glitch fare this afternoon and noticed on the Delta site that the flight is already listed in my Skymiles account, but with zero miles.

I don't typically look at the Skymiles section on days I fly, so I'm not sure if this normally happens or not. But I do know afterwards, it takes > 24 hrs to post.

Folks still getting miles on these fares?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by brazzleman
I'm flying my glitch fare this afternoon and noticed on the Delta site that the flight is already listed in my Skymiles account, but with zero miles.

I don't typically look at the Skymiles section on days I fly, so I'm not sure if this normally happens or not. But I do know afterwards, it takes > 24 hrs to post.

This zero-miles "placeholder" is something I have seen in all my normal flying on Delta, I would not worry about it until 2-3 days after the flight.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by brazzleman

Originally Posted by Uncle Lars
This zero-miles "placeholder" is something I have seen in all my normal flying on Delta, I would not worry about it until 2-3 days after the flight.
The zero miles is part of a recent software update- it is posted to your account before the flight (actually sometimes 48 hours before) and it is updated after you've flown. Miles will be posted.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: A few
I just flew my mistake fare and MQM, miles and elite bonus all posted as expected. Sorry Bubba for dashing your hopes that DL would do something to punish us evil thieves. Guess crime pays
Old Jan 18, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I just flew my mistake fare and MQM, miles and elite bonus all posted as expected. Sorry Bubba for dashing your hopes that DL would do something to punish us evil thieves. Guess crime pays
Mine are posting correctly, too. I only wish I had realized there were mistake fares and purchased some personal flights, not just business flights.

One of my mistake fares required connecting in ATL this week. There was a problem on the inbound and I barely made my connection. My bags didn't, which I jokingly thought Bubba would think was karma for taking the mistake fare flight. When I got to the hotel in TPA, after midnight, I flicked on the TV. The local news was on. The story was about Bubba's efforts to rehab an historically significant former boarding house in downtown TPA. The city is making it difficult. It looks like Bubba has other targets right now, so he should be going easy on us "thieves" who go the mistake fares. But it did feel a little like he was haunting me for flying the mistake fare.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:26 am

Will delta honor a pricing glitch?

Wow.. quite impressed with how proud everyone is of themselves. I think the whole argument of "they screw us all the time, so why can't we screw them" is ridiculous. And I'm not even mad at the people who took advantage of a misquoted fare or two, whether they knew it was or not.. However the people who booked multiples and then called their friends and family to join in before it was corrected.. Ugh. How self entitled you are to think that's okay.

I don't feel as though I am better than anyone in this forum, however I will say that this same type of greed and glutton that is the cause for the shape our economy is in today. You have the 1% of people on top cutting from people on the bottom, just so they can acquire more and more and the same version of those people below them acquiring what they can, just in different form (whether it be in flights, drinks or sugar packets, etc). When does it stop? Do you not understand you doing this is just passing the bill on to everyone else? When you game the system and take advantage of mistakes, you're not screwing Delta.. You're screwing the rest of us (who are just like you) because believe you me, Delta WILL be finding ways to compensate for those lost revenues. And if they can't squeeze it out of the consumers' wallets, it surely won't be coming out of the executives' bonuses.. It'll be in the entry level employees they have to lay off or cut wages due to profit losses. So, yes, please think on that as you sip on your Mimosas in your First Class seat to Hawaii, on a fare that probably won't even pay (at cost) for all the drinks and food you'll be consuming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.