Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will delta honor a pricing glitch?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Will delta honor a pricing glitch?

Looking to go to the Caribbean in January and just priced up LGA->ATL->PUJ->ATL->JFK for $240 including first class on the NYC/ATL legs. Don't really love the idea of a layover on this short flight but for that bargain of a price of course i couldnt pass that up.

I checked back half an hour later and the price had jumped back up to a more realistic $475 in economy. I'm assuming that was an error that Delta fixed, however if I had booked the ticket would Delta have honored it? Or do they have the right to cancel a ticket like this?

I've heard of stories where an error put up flights for $1 or something equally rediculous and all tickets were subsequantly cancelled however as $240 is a semi-realistic fare (admittedly very very low) could a customer claim that they were taking advantage of a bargain fare rather than trying to game the system?

Thoughts?

Thanks
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:34 am

Delta: Orlando to Hawaii - will it be honored?

So my Fiance and I have been looking for tickets to Hawaii for our honeymoon next September and I think I have struck gold. For a brief moment I was able to book two round trip, first class tickets from MCO to HNL for, drum-roll please...$166.60.

I am shocked, but called after booking to confirm the flight and all seems well, confirmation email received and Amex charged. So now, flyertalkers, what's the chance of them actually honoring this? I attached a screenshot of the confirmation email with identifying information taken out.

Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by injera
Looking to go to the Caribbean in January and just priced up LGA->ATL->PUJ->ATL->JFK for $240 including first class on the NYC/ATL legs. Don't really love the idea of a layover on this short flight but for that bargain of a price of course i couldnt pass that up.

I checked back half an hour later and the price had jumped back up to a more realistic $475 in economy. I'm assuming that was an error that Delta fixed, however if I had booked the ticket would Delta have honored it? Or do they have the right to cancel a ticket like this?

I've heard of stories where an error put up flights for $1 or something equally rediculous and all tickets were subsequantly cancelled however as $240 is a semi-realistic fare (admittedly very very low) could a customer claim that they were taking advantage of a bargain fare rather than trying to game the system?

Thoughts?

Thanks
I noticed the price glitch as well on a flight to/out of LGA which priced at under $40 both in coach & first. My feeling is that these wouldn't be honored but you never know. I didn't book my ticket since this is a trip for work and wouldn't want to find myself with a canceled ticket as I head to the airport so I decided to wait for the glitch to work itself through the system.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who knows. I managed to snag a couple -- DTW-LAS for $72.81 and DTW-LAX for $68.73. If I had been thinking, I would have gone for some HNL and ANC flights for $68 and $65!
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Expedia Orlando to Hawaii

dead, price changed after pricing
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:54 am

Check the economy seats. I was finding them for about $60 round trip.

What's the chance of them honoring this?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
DSM-HNL for $105.... First time ever on DL if they honor it !
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Ya, I saw NYC-HNL in first/BE for $171 this weekend. Was about to pull the trigger, but timed out. Doubt they would've honored it, but I guess I will never know.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Friend of mine managed to score two r/t tickets at these prices without even meaning to! He assumed it was some kind of promotion, rather than a mistake.

I'd have expected to see more discussion of it here if it were a major glitch. Perhaps the error was fixed within minutes? What a lucky so-and-so....
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Clubcarlson Silver
Same here, saw IND-OCC in Y for $75 in March. Timed out before I could check out.
Thought there was some law that said that airlines had to honor the ticketed price.
Anyone know if that is true?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I missed it and had been watching the MR forums the past few days.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Rubbing our faces in it I see.

Next time why not post your find on FT and don't call until the offer is gone.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Originally Posted by yohanson
I missed it and had been watching the MR forums the past few days.
I only noticed it for a couple of hours this morning. After I finished selecting seats, it timed out Oh well.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atl_gsp
Same here, saw IND-OCC in Y for $75 in March. Timed out before I could check out.
Thought there was some law that said that airlines had to honor the ticketed price.
Anyone know if that is true?
There is no such law. Inventory can change at any time between the time you price a flight and the time you actually purchase it.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec
Got six flights for $25-$50 going MSN-DEN, LAX, LGA & SFO. Hoping they honor it, all the tickets were only $3 before fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.