Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
VS is not a member of Skyteam (you knew that)..

Delta had two different lounges they used at LHR T3: (1) the VS Clubhouse, if you had a Business Ticket or were DM or PM, and flying on either Delta or VS; and the "Number 1 Lounge", which you could access if you were GM (I think you could get in there if you belonged to the SkyClub).

The KLM website makes reference to the T4 SkyTeam lounge (which was a pretty nice lounge with a great breakfast buffet and above-average self serve adult beverages), but of course that is no longer a possibility as KLM is operating out of T3 presently.

I think you need to send a message to the Big D and find out what they say. Is your LHR-AMS flight a codeshare with a Delta flight number?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:09 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I have a LHR/DTW flight this summer and only way they could confirm the GUC was with a connection in AMS on KLM on their metal with a short layover in AMS connecting to a Delta flight to DTW on Delta metal.

Will I have access to the Clubhouse on Departure? The rules state DL diamonds and PM's have access if flying Delta or Virgin. I know KLM is now in T3 and not sure if I'll have access since the first leg in on KLM metal but I'm flying on an 006 Delta ticket number.

Also will I have access to the upper class wing for security? I'll be carrying on.
I would bet against it, but you could try. That said, I also suspect there's a good chance T4 will be open again by this summer so it may become moot.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff
I would bet against it....
Why?

This page says:
Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse lounge access is available to Delta One or Upper Class passengers and Diamond or Platinum Medallion members on same-day travel when flying on Delta or Virgin Atlantic-operated transatlantic flights to or from the U.K.
jamesteroh appears to meet all of the qualifications, Diamond Medallion flying transatlantic on a Delta operated flight. How does the inbound KLM flight have any bearing on eligibility?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by ND76
VS is not a member of Skyteam (you knew that)..

Delta had two different lounges they used at LHR T3: (1) the VS Clubhouse, if you had a Business Ticket or were DM or PM, and flying on either Delta or VS; and the "Number 1 Lounge", which you could access if you were GM (I think you could get in there if you belonged to the SkyClub).

The KLM website makes reference to the T4 SkyTeam lounge (which was a pretty nice lounge with a great breakfast buffet and above-average self serve adult beverages), but of course that is no longer a possibility as KLM is operating out of T3 presently.

I think you need to send a message to the Big D and find out what they say. Is your LHR-AMS flight a codeshare with a Delta flight number?
It doesn't appear to be a codeshare and is a KLM flight number and then connects on to an actual Delta flight on Delta metal. I know if I was flying just the KLM portion and wasn't connecting on Delta metal I wouldn't have access.

The t4 skyteam lounge wasn't as nice as the clubhouse but was very nice and liked using it when DL use to do DTW flights out of T4.

I can access the number 1 lounge and looks like the Aspire club is reopening in a couple weeks and there is a Centruion lounge also so I have plenty of choices if I can't get in. The clubhouse is just one of my favorite airport lounges.

Hopefully security it pretty fast in the priority line at T3. It used to go pretty fast in T4.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:22 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by mia
Why?

This page says:

jamesteroh appears to meet all of the qualifications, Diamond Medallion flying transatlantic on a Delta operated flight. How does the inbound KLM flight have any bearing on eligibility?
The flight operated by Delta is AMS-DTW, which is not a "Delta or Virgin Atlantic-operated transatlantic flights to or from the U.K." The flight that is from the UK is operated by KLM.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The flight operated by Delta is AMS-DTW, ....
Thank you. I misunderstood the flight sequence.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I would bet against it, but you could try. That said, I also suspect there's a good chance T4 will be open again by this summer so it may become moot.
I'm also betting against it. At least there is the Am Ex lounge.

I thought part of the reason Airfrance and KLM were in T3 were so all the Skyteam airlines would be in the same terminal. I can't see them switching terminals again.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I'm also betting against it. At least there is the Am Ex lounge.

I thought part of the reason Airfrance and KLM were in T3 were so all the Skyteam airlines would be in the same terminal. I can't see them switching terminals again.
there is very little value for the rest of skyteam to be in the same terminal with DL at LHR. There are some people connecting there but it's a tiny percentage of their overall load (particularly for AF/KL)
Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:40 am

My daughter, who is Silver Medallion on Delta, is flying on VS from TLV to JFK via LHR (in Economy Classic). Delta's page about the Virgin partnership, as well as every independent site out there (eg The Points Guy), seems to say that she gets an extra checked bag (above the one which is the standard allowance). But the Delta bag calculator, and the Virgin site, don't indicate this. Does anyone have experience with how this works?

Separate but related question - I understand that if she was flying on Delta metal, she would be entitled to select a preferred seat or an exit row for free. On VS, they want to charge, and I in fact paid for an exit row on one of the legs. A poster above in the thread indicated that they got an exit row for free after texting Virgin, as a DM. I would expect that this does NOT apply to SM, but does anyone know otherwise?

Thanks all.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: VS Silver, SQ Elite Silver, IHG Diamond Elite, AS MVP Gold 75k
Refer to this chart
https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...nefits#virigin

silver medallion do not get seat assignments for free. Baggage usually won’t recognize until you are at the airport but yes you get an extra bag.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Ian Z
Refer to this chart
https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...nefits#virigin

silver medallion do not get seat assignments for free. Baggage usually won’t recognize until you are at the airport but yes you get an extra bag.
Thanks - yes - that's the page on the Delta site I was referring to. I just wish the Virgin site said something like that! I hope it doesn't end up being an argument at the airport.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: VS Silver, SQ Elite Silver, IHG Diamond Elite, AS MVP Gold 75k
Originally Posted by Hammer1
Thanks - yes - that's the page on the Delta site I was referring to. I just wish the Virgin site said something like that! I hope it doesn't end up being an argument at the airport.
I have never had issue with delta or virgin getting the benefits related to priority check in or baggage. Make sure you use the priority checkin which for silver is the premium economy check in desk I believe. The staff is usually very helpful.
Hammer1 likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 4:57 am

Good morning all,

I have seen on Virgin's website that the Club House in JFK is open to Delta One passengers, no destination restrictions. Can someone confirm please ? Or is it only for UK bound flights ? Thanks a lot
Old May 15, 2022, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thogui19
Good morning all,

I have seen on Virgin's website that the Club House in JFK is open to Delta One passengers, no destination restrictions. Can someone confirm please ? Or is it only for UK bound flights ? Thanks a lot
I'm betting there's something you're missing on that page.

VS CH access requires flying D1 to/from UK nonstop to/from US. ie no connection at CDG/AMS
Old May 15, 2022, 6:24 am

Thanks for your reply, however I can't see it on the web page, only " Passengers travelling in Delta One", different from the page on LHR CH.

https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/e...clubhouse.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.