Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 7:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Virgin Clubhouses, other than LHR, are now operated by Plaza Premium. This may be a change to the access rules (Delta would be paying for the access), or it may be an editing error on the Virgin site. Easy to verify by contacting the JFK lounge directly: [email protected]

https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...-premium-group

American Express Platinum cardholders now have access to all VS lounges (except LHR) due to a relationship between American Express and Plaza Premium:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...centurion.html
Old May 15, 2022, 7:58 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I am aware of one data point of someone getting into the JFK CH flying D1 JFK-MAD, so it is possible this is correct.

The JFK CH is also open to Amex Platinum cardholders during all of its opening hours (the Amex app only lists the morning hours, but it seems like this is a limitation of the Amex app not being able to show 2 daily opening windows; I had no trouble entering with Amex Plat in the afternoon), so the access standards have been dramatically lowered ... the product has also been worsened somewhat, although it's still pretty good. I imagine a lack of public awareness and the CH being somewhat out of the way for most Delta departures are the main things keeping it from being completely overrun.
Old May 15, 2022, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thogui19
Thanks for your reply, however I can't see it on the web page, only " Passengers travelling in Delta One", different from the page on LHR CH.

https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/e...clubhouse.html
It's bad wording. If you note it shows DL DM only get access if flying VS. This isnt correct.. DL DM/PM can get access if flying VS or if flying DL nonstop to an UK destination.

DL unlike the other airline partners listed has a specific agreement.
Old May 15, 2022, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bgriff
I am aware of one data point of someone getting into the JFK CH flying D1 JFK-MAD, so it is possible this is correct.

The JFK CH is also open to Amex Platinum cardholders during all of its opening hours (the Amex app only lists the morning hours, but it seems like this is a limitation of the Amex app not being able to show 2 daily opening windows; I had no trouble entering with Amex Plat in the afternoon), so the access standards have been dramatically lowered ... the product has also been worsened somewhat, although it's still pretty good. I imagine a lack of public awareness and the CH being somewhat out of the way for most Delta departures are the main things keeping it from being completely overrun.
I'm guessing new agents, who didn't know rules. DL D1 doesn't get access unless it's a flight nonstop to an UK destination.

Using the lounge finder confirms this. If you select simply D1 passenger, VS Clubhouse doesn't show. You have to select D1 nonstop to/from UK for VS CH to show up..

Last edited by flyerCO; May 15, 2022 at 8:37 am
Old May 24, 2022, 6:32 am

Wink

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I'm guessing new agents, who didn't know rules. DL D1 doesn't get access unless it's a flight nonstop to an UK destination.

Using the lounge finder confirms this. If you select simply D1 passenger, VS Clubhouse doesn't show. You have to select D1 nonstop to/from UK for VS CH to show up..
I have asked VS twice on Messenger, and twice they confirmed to me that D1 passengers have access to CH in JFK regardless of their destination. So, who should I trust ?
bgriff likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 7:24 am

I have asked VS twice on Messenger, and twice they confirmed to me that D1 passengers have access to CH in JFK regardless of their destination. So, who should I trust ?
I've once been denied access on a domestic D1 ticket, and the agent at the door told me only international D1 counts. On another occasion, I've been let in on a domestic D1 ticket, but that was connecting from international D1, and the agent seemed a little confused by the situation. I've also been let in on a D1 JFK-AMS ticket once.

I'm inclined to believe that "international D1" might be the actual rule, but I think it also really depends on the agent you get.
Old May 24, 2022, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Not to worry...the formerly awesome VS Clubhouse at JFK is definitely now overrun... :-\
Old May 24, 2022, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
As far as access, pretty sure it remains to/from UK-US unless an Amex Plat cardholder or otherwise eligible.

From VS it seems more explicit: "*When when travelling between UK-US on a Virgin Atlantic or Delta Air Lines operated flight."
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

D1 only To UK locations count. I think issue is Plaza Premium took over the VS CH management and some of their agents don't know the VS/DL relationship.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 7:19 am

D1 only To UK locations count. I think issue is Plaza Premium took over the VS CH management and some of their agents don't know the VS/DL relationship.
VS's messenger service is not run by Plaza Premium ... let's see, I am flying D1 to CDG from JFK. I hope I will find an agent who doesn't know the rules
bgriff likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by rwoman
As far as access, pretty sure it remains to/from UK-US unless an Amex Plat cardholder or otherwise eligible.

From VS it seems more explicit: "*When when travelling between UK-US on a Virgin Atlantic or Delta Air Lines operated flight."
This web page refers to CH in LHR, and yes these are the rules for CH LHR. If you go on JFK CH page, the rules are different, for eg. Flying Blue Gold have access to JFK CH if flying VS, which is not the case for LHR CH.
Old May 26, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

VS's messenger service is not run by Plaza Premium ... let's see, I am flying D1 to CDG from JFK. I hope I will find an agent who doesn't know the rules
Sorry got posts mixed together. One was about agent at CH.

Regardless, new agents, and probably a misunderstanding of any location. Any location, but any location in UK. Also adding to confusion some other airlines (SQ for) example get access to locations outside of UK. However that's because they're flying SQ, etc... Each airline has a specific agreement with VS. The DL/VS is clear only to/from UK. Written this way unlike SQ, etc because of fact DL flies to more than a few locations from JFK. There's no need to limit SQ for example, as they only fly one route.
Old May 26, 2022, 9:19 am

Sorry got posts mixed together. One was about agent at CH.

Regardless, new agents, and probably a misunderstanding of any location. Any location, but any location in UK. Also adding to confusion some other airlines (SQ for) example get access to locations outside of UK. However that's because they're flying SQ, etc... Each airline has a specific agreement with VS. The DL/VS is clear only to/from UK. Written this way unlike SQ, etc because of fact DL flies to more than a few locations from JFK. There's no need to limit SQ for example, as they only fly one route.
But the JFK CH website also says anywhere, and agents have told me anywhere international counts. Is there anywhere official that says UK only for JFK CH? Not that I don't believe you, and certainly I agree there's lots of confusion. With a JFK-CDG D1 ticket I think it's at least worth trying in any case, whatever the official rule might be.
Old May 26, 2022, 1:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Please tell me that I will have lounge access in LHR T3 on a DL (operated and marketed) TATL RT flight in D1. I hope to use the VS arrivals lounge and of course use an airside departures lounge in T3 before my departure.

When I look at the lounge search by airport/city information on delta.dumb, it tells me that there's no lounge at LHR.
Old May 26, 2022, 3:06 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Please tell me that I will have lounge access in LHR T3 on a DL (operated and marketed) TATL RT flight in D1. I hope to use the VS arrivals lounge and of course use an airside departures lounge in T3 before my departure.

When I look at the lounge search by airport/city information on delta.dumb, it tells me that there's no lounge at LHR.
Yes, you will have access to the VS Clubhouse and VS arrivals lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.