Wiki Posts
Search

Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2023, 10:03 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by dw
If not, this will just drive all the DL Skyteam Elite+ on eligible itineraries who don’t have other means to access the SkyClubs to the VS lounges at JFK and BOS. Though both of those locations did just terminate access to Amex Plat members, have to wonder if there’s a connection
The termination of access to Amex Plat was apparently a glitch, or minds changed, or something, and did not end up going forward: https://onemileatatime.com/news/virg...remium-access/

That said, the JFK Clubhouse in particular has made very limited capacity available to Amex Platinum cardholders, and I imagine the same will be true for any STE+s who are not flying Virgin and try to enter.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
The BOS situation will be interesting come summer, what with a SkyClub, a VS/Plaza Premium (thus Amex Platinum and Capital One accessible), and an AFKL lounge (accepting Priority Pass). The latter two are, via cards, usable by passengers of every airline that's not DL domestic or WS (albeit with quite a walk for an AC passenger).
Old Feb 9, 2023, 12:19 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by hhdl
The BOS situation will be interesting come summer, what with a SkyClub, a VS/Plaza Premium (thus Amex Platinum and Capital One accessible), and an AFKL lounge (accepting Priority Pass). The latter two are, via cards, usable by passengers of every airline that's not DL domestic or WS (albeit with quite a walk for an AC passenger).
And a Chase Sapphire lounge soon to open in the B/C connector, the quality of which (in the US) is still unknown.

I can’t remember when the new Sky Club in E is supposed to open (it’s either this summer with the E expansion or in 2024), but I would not be surprised if AF and VS both close their lounges when it does.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Searched VS website and found that Bulkhead seat are blocked for kids and special needs. Any hacks to reserve one of these in PE? Delta Gold.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by boss315
Searched VS website and found that Bulkhead seat are blocked for kids and special needs. Any hacks to reserve one of these in PE? Delta Gold.
I've never had success. Sometimes can get T-24 or at airport desk if you get there early enough and ask.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 3:26 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by VFR
And a Chase Sapphire lounge soon to open in the B/C connector, the quality of which (in the US) is still unknown.

I can’t remember when the new Sky Club in E is supposed to open (it’s either this summer with the E expansion or in 2024), but I would not be surprised if AF and VS both close their lounges when it does.
Delta announced summer alongside the last round of access changes.
VFR likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 10:06 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
VS joins SkyTeam today - officially

https://www.skyteam.com/en/about/pre...alliance-today

So, this is official now. One question:
  • SkyTeam Elite Plus members travelling on Virgin Atlantic, Delta* or Aeromexico will have access to Virgin Atlantic’s renowned Clubhouse at London Heathrow, whilst other SkyTeam Elite Plus members can take advantage of their airline-designated lounge at Terminal 3.
  • *As per existing agreements, Delta Gold Medallion members will not have access to Virgin Atlantic’s Heathrow Clubhouse, unless travelling in Virgin Atlantic Upper Class or Delta One.
When was this policy implemented? I always thought DL GMs can access the VS Clubhouse at LHR as a STE+ member.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 10:18 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by metalblaze
https://www.skyteam.com/en/about/pre...alliance-today

So, this is official now. One question:
  • SkyTeam Elite Plus members travelling on Virgin Atlantic, Delta* or Aeromexico will have access to Virgin Atlantic’s renowned Clubhouse at London Heathrow, whilst other SkyTeam Elite Plus members can take advantage of their airline-designated lounge at Terminal 3.
  • *As per existing agreements, Delta Gold Medallion members will not have access to Virgin Atlantic’s Heathrow Clubhouse, unless travelling in Virgin Atlantic Upper Class or Delta One.
When was this policy implemented? I always thought DL GMs can access the VS Clubhouse at LHR as a STE+ member.
GM has never had LHR Clubhouse access IIRC (or not usually anyway, they've tweaked the rules a few times). Not sure lately but at some points GM has gotten No. 1 Traveler lounge access in LHR, back when Delta used to think that status was supposed to grant lounge access traveling internationally. GM has had access to the outstation Clubhouses, and PM/DM have had access in LHR. SkyTeam Elite Plus hasn't played any role in VS lounge access until now, since they haven't been a member.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bgriff
GM has never had LHR Clubhouse access IIRC (or not usually anyway, they've tweaked the rules a few times). Not sure lately but at some points GM has gotten No. 1 Traveler lounge access in LHR, back when Delta used to think that status was supposed to grant lounge access traveling internationally. GM has had access to the outstation Clubhouses, and PM/DM have had access in LHR. SkyTeam Elite Plus hasn't played any role in VS lounge access until now, since they haven't been a member.
Thank you - your assessment seems correct based on this (https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/i...ubhouse.html): Delta Gold Medallions have access the No. 1 Traveler Lounge and Flying Blue Gold may access the Aspire Lounge when departing or connecting in LHR.

Old Mar 2, 2023, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by metalblaze
since VS wasn't a skyteam member before today, I'm not sure why you thought STE+ status would matter there
Old Mar 5, 2023, 12:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Also, remember that at LHR, most of the SkyTeam airlines are in T4, which is on the opposite side of the airfield from T2/T3. You could get into the SkyTeam (Holideck) lounge over there as STE+/Delta GM if you were on AF, KL or any of the other SkyTeam members using that terminal.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ND76
Also, remember that at LHR, most of the SkyTeam airlines are in T4, which is on the opposite side of the airfield from T2/T3. You could get into the SkyTeam (Holideck) lounge over there as STE+/Delta GM if you were on AF, KL or any of the other SkyTeam members using that terminal.
LHR no longer has a ST lounge. AF/KL moved to terminal 3 with VS/DL a year or so back. With AF/KL at T3, the demand just isnt there any longer.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 8:44 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Are there any known issues with VS posting correctly to Skymikes?

Last week flew ATL-LHR on VS104 in J (actual booking segment was J)

It has posted as:
Base RDM (4211)
120% Diamond RDM bonus
MQM of 4211

Missing from my understanding:
2x MQM (addl 4211 mqms)
200% RDM class bonus (addl 4211 RDM)

Is my calc correct and is this a known posting bug?
Old Mar 18, 2023, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Utskicat
Are there any known issues with VS posting correctly to Skymikes?

Last week flew ATL-LHR on VS104 in J (actual booking segment was J)

It has posted as:
Base RDM (4211)
120% Diamond RDM bonus
MQM of 4211

Missing from my understanding:
2x MQM (addl 4211 mqms)
200% RDM class bonus (addl 4211 RDM)

Is my calc correct and is this a known posting bug?
Have not heard of any posting errors with VS (these days, it mostly seems to be issues with KL W/S/A PE fares). Does it actually show as J on Delta website (or some other class)? Did you purchase an upgrade day of departure (which are generally not eligible for bonus miles)?
Old Mar 18, 2023, 8:57 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by xliioper
Have not heard of any posting errors with VS (these days, it mostly seems to be issues with KL W/S/A PE fares). Does it actually show as J on Delta website (or some other class)? Did you purchase an upgrade day of departure (which are generally not eligible for bonus miles)?
Paid ticket on KL 074 ticket stock. Underlying fare was Z but was rebooked due to schedule change into J. Definitely J class segment. Even if it was Z (as paid) it’s still missing both RDM and MQM at 1.5 rate correct?

And before you ask…PNR and eticket are both VS104, not a KL flt number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.