Wiki Posts
Search

Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:26 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Hello FTers! I am very excited to announce details around our recently approved partnership with Virgin Atlantic. Starting July 3rd, enjoy the best U.S. to U.K. travel experience through our new partnership. You will be able to take advantage of more flight choices, premium onboard amenities and added loyalty perks, including an expanded network featuring additional nonstop service to the U.K., complimentary access to the award-winning and luxurious Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses for BusinessElite or Upper Class passengers and Diamond or Platinum Medallion members and the ability to earn and use miles with Virgin Atlantic.

When flying Virgin Atlantic, Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion member benefits will enjoy the following benefits: Priority Boarding, Check-In, Security and Baggage, plus baggage fee waivers.

Visit delta.com/virginatlantic to learn more about the new best-in-the-business travel benefits.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:36 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
You say we can earn miles and redeem miles with VS but what about MQDs? How will they work with VS? Earning MQMs without earning MQDs is kinda pointless (unless one meets the AmEx exemption or one has already met the spend threshold for a given level but not the MQM mark for that level) .
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
But no upgrades?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
If MQDs doesn't count then .i would never buy a ticket on Virgin.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
My guess would be it has to be on 006 stock or a DL codeshare to count for MQDs, just like with the other JV partners.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Next question: When is the Virgin Galactic partnership? I think one flight on them should give automatic DM status
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by rylan
Next question: When is the Virgin Galactic partnership? I think one flight on them should give automatic DM status
Finally a place to redeem my millions of miles!

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
You say we can earn miles and redeem miles with VS but what about MQDs? How will they work with VS? Earning MQMs without earning MQDs is kinda pointless (unless one meets the AmEx exemption or one has already met the spend threshold for a given level but not the MQM mark for that level) .
I'm going to bet its the same standard answer: if your flight is booked on a Delta, 006 ticket, it earns MQDs. If it's booked on VS stock, no MQDs.
Suspended

Originally Posted by rylan
Award flight to the moon! Billion-miles redemption?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
Its interesting that gm don't get access to the virgin club. How come?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I click on Virgin Atlantic to get details on earning miles (as suggested in footnote 1 on the partner miles earning page), I get "page not found" and I can't even go back to the previous page on delta.dumb.

Where do people see that we can't use miles to upgrade? Just the lack of a statement that we can, perhaps combined with Virgin not being listed with AF and KLM for upgrades using SWUs?

ADDED: Clicking on MQM link in the first FAQ also results in "page not found" with no return.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jun 24, 2013 at 8:32 am
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: NW/DL Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
I just posted a summary of the annc call in the "DL/VS Annc Monday in NYC" thread.
One of the details on the call was the ability to earn up to 125% bonus miles on all flights, not just codeshares. There were no specific details around MQMs/MQDs, but the term "bonus miles" makes one think RDMs perhaps?
Notice that the OP's phrasing is also "the ability to earn and use miles with Virgin Atlantic."
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When I click on Virgin Atlantic to get details on earning miles (as suggested in footnote 1 on the partner miles earning page), I get "page not found" and I can't even go back to the previous page on delta.dumb.

Where do people see that we can't use miles to upgrade? Just the lack of a statement that we can, perhaps combined with Virgin not being listed with AF and KLM for upgrades using SWUs?

ADDED: Clicking on MQM link in the first FAQ also results in "page not found" with no return.
Typical gamer! Always clicking on things, reading the text on web pages, expecting stuff to work... you should be ashamed of yourself, Mr. Ham-Gamer-Sandwich!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mendel k
GM club access is a Skyteam benefit ( as a ST Elite + ). As neither Virgin or their clubs a part of Skyteam it's a real benefit for DM/PM's to have club access!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
Originally Posted by BER Flyer:20979532
Originally Posted by mendel k
GM club access is a Skyteam benefit ( as a ST Elite + ). As neither Virgin or their clubs a part of Skyteam it's a real benefit for DM/PM's to have club access!
Gotcha thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.