Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What about SWUs? Can I upgrade Premium Economy to Upper Class? @DeltaAssist says there are no details on that, though it's coming for flights booked after June 29th.

Also, what if I'm flying LAX-LHR-DEL on VS ... I have a US-UK segment in there on VS, can I access the clubhouses? Where?

Originally Posted by edcho
There are still a few quirky *A lounge rules out there (especially SQ and I believe some LH lounges).

For example, I couldn't enter SKL (SQ) at SIN as a Y-pax even though I was a *G ... however if I am a C-pax (with *G?) on *A, I can.
SKL is a business class lounge regardless of status, while the Krisflyer Gold lounge is for *G (those don't even have bathrooms in the lounge). I believe SQ's top-tiers get access to the SKL Biz or First lounge.

It's the opposite at FRA, where the Business Class lounges are lower than the Senator (*G) lounges. Other than that though, *A is pretty consistent.

Last edited by amolkold; Jun 24, 2013 at 2:08 pm
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by amolkold
SKL is a business class lounge regardless of status, while the Krisflyer Gold lounge is for *G (those don't even have bathrooms in the lounge). I believe SQ's top-tiers get access to the SKL Biz or First lounge.

It's the opposite at FRA, where the Business Class lounges are lower than the Senator (*G) lounges. Other than that though, *A is pretty consistent.
Although there is one area where they might be consistent but it's pretty dodgy. My understanding is that a non-status passenger on full J/C ticket who flies in from FRA to ORD and then connects on a domestic flight to, say, DSM will have no lounge access in ORD. ST at least recognizes same-day connections in international business class for lounge access consistently for both ST E+ and passengers on paid business class tickets. Basically, every alliance has its quirks, and you need to know them.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by mtkeller
My understanding is that a non-status passenger on full J/C ticket who flies in from FRA to ORD and then connects on a domestic flight to, say, DSM will have no lounge access in ORD. ST at least recognizes same-day connections in international business class for lounge access consistently for both ST E+ and passengers on paid business class tickets. Basically, every alliance has its quirks, and you need to know them.
I can back-up mtkeller's claim from personal experience.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Although there is one area where they might be consistent but it's pretty dodgy. My understanding is that a non-status passenger on full J/C ticket who flies in from FRA to ORD and then connects on a domestic flight to, say, DSM will have no lounge access in ORD. ST at least recognizes same-day connections in international business class for lounge access consistently for both ST E+ and passengers on paid business class tickets. Basically, every alliance has its quirks, and you need to know them.
True. One ST quirk is that an elite flying domestically within another country (like AF elite flying DL in the USA) doesn't get club access. That's one *A policy I like (as an A3 *G).
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
It wouldn't seem right for a SC member to plunk down a bunch of cash on a LHR-LAX DL-coded VS flight only to be SOL on a lounge at LHR.
Exactly. If VS won't let me into the Clubhouse with my SC membership and an estimated 2K for a premium economy ticket, I'll keep flying AF. I'd rather use the LHR SkyTeam lounge and the AF Salon at CDG than have to kill time in a terminal.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by amolkold
True. One ST quirk is that an elite flying domestically within another country (like AF elite flying DL in the USA) doesn't get club access. That's one *A policy I like (as an A3 *G).
At least that's 100% consistent rather than the odd *A rule where UA and US elites don't get lounge access within the US but those with other *G cards can. I get why they do it, but it does seem like an unusual loophole. (Although one I'm happy to take advantage of with my matched TK *G status )
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by colerc
Platinum and Diamond Medallion get access WHEN TRAVELING TO AND FROM THE UK ONLY...

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ntic-faqs.html

:/

Knew it was too good to be true.
Does Virgin Atlantic fly any scheduled routes where neither origin nor destination is in the UK? I can't recall any of those where a VS clubhouse exists.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by ND76
That really makes this a bummer for me, as I have always wanted to visit the Clubhouse in IAD. I wonder whether AF will let me into their club while waiting for a VS flight? Also, this means no club access at LHR T3 for SC members as well as GMs.
I would not count on access to the AF lounge until such time as VS enters Skyteam (or signs a partnership with AFKL).

Cheers,
GenevaFlyer
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Does Virgin Atlantic fly any scheduled routes where neither origin nor destination is in the UK? I can't recall any of those where a VS clubhouse exists.
I read that rule as relevant for Delta flights. Ie you get access to the Clubhouse when flying DL trans-Atlantic flights to/from the UK, but not to/from elsewhere in Europe.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
I would not count on access to the AF lounge until such time as VS enters Skyteam (or signs a partnership with AFKL).

Cheers,
GenevaFlyer
Good point. I guess for a GM to have any shot at the AF Salon in IAD while flying Y or W one has to have a Delta ticket (I'm also a SC member; that may or may not make a difference). I intend to try VS soon, either with miles for J or with money for premium economy.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by ND76
Also, this means no club access at LHR T3 for SC members as well as GMs.
Yeah. And didn't Delta say they'll eventually move their operations to T3 at LHR when the VS partnership was first announced? Is there a lounge there that DL Golds (and other STE+ members) will be able to use when on DL metal?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I feel so sorry for Virgin Passengers .
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Because they will soon have to add "enhanced" to their vocabulary?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Why?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
Can not book yet?

I just tried to do a LAX-LHR on 7/18. Not available non stop (which would be VS metal).

When will the bookings be available to place?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.