FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1478873-delta-virgin-atlantic-partnership.html)

SkyMilesTeam Jun 24, 2013 7:26 am

Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Hello FTers! I am very excited to announce details around our recently approved partnership with Virgin Atlantic. Starting July 3rd, enjoy the best U.S. to U.K. travel experience through our new partnership. You will be able to take advantage of more flight choices, premium onboard amenities and added loyalty perks, including an expanded network featuring additional nonstop service to the U.K., complimentary access to the award-winning and luxurious Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses for BusinessElite or Upper Class passengers and Diamond or Platinum Medallion members and the ability to earn and use miles with Virgin Atlantic.

When flying Virgin Atlantic, Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion member benefits will enjoy the following benefits: Priority Boarding, Check-In, Security and Baggage, plus baggage fee waivers.

Visit delta.com/virginatlantic to learn more about the new best-in-the-business travel benefits.

FlyDeltaJets87 Jun 24, 2013 7:36 am

You say we can earn miles and redeem miles with VS but what about MQDs? How will they work with VS? Earning MQMs without earning MQDs is kinda pointless (unless one meets the AmEx exemption or one has already met the spend threshold for a given level but not the MQM mark for that level) .

MR_MAMA Jun 24, 2013 7:36 am

But no upgrades?

MR_MAMA Jun 24, 2013 7:38 am

If MQDs doesn't count then .i would never buy a ticket on Virgin.

rylan Jun 24, 2013 7:49 am

My guess would be it has to be on 006 stock or a DL codeshare to count for MQDs, just like with the other JV partners.

rylan Jun 24, 2013 7:51 am

Next question: When is the Virgin Galactic partnership? I think one flight on them should give automatic DM status ;)

TrojanTraveler Jun 24, 2013 7:53 am

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 20979200)
Next question: When is the Virgin Galactic partnership? I think one flight on them should give automatic DM status ;)

Finally a place to redeem my millions of miles!

jrkmsp Jun 24, 2013 7:53 am

Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87 (Post 20979118)
You say we can earn miles and redeem miles with VS but what about MQDs? How will they work with VS? Earning MQMs without earning MQDs is kinda pointless (unless one meets the AmEx exemption or one has already met the spend threshold for a given level but not the MQM mark for that level) .

I'm going to bet its the same standard answer: if your flight is booked on a Delta, 006 ticket, it earns MQDs. If it's booked on VS stock, no MQDs.

Dieuwer Jun 24, 2013 7:53 am

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 20979200)

Award flight to the moon! Billion-miles redemption? :D

mendel k Jun 24, 2013 8:06 am

Its interesting that gm don't get access to the virgin club. How come?

MSPeconomist Jun 24, 2013 8:21 am

When I click on Virgin Atlantic to get details on earning miles (as suggested in footnote 1 on the partner miles earning page), I get "page not found" and I can't even go back to the previous page on delta.dumb.

Where do people see that we can't use miles to upgrade? Just the lack of a statement that we can, perhaps combined with Virgin not being listed with AF and KLM for upgrades using SWUs?

ADDED: Clicking on MQM link in the first FAQ also results in "page not found" with no return.

stlBased Jun 24, 2013 8:47 am

I just posted a summary of the annc call in the "DL/VS Annc Monday in NYC" thread.
One of the details on the call was the ability to earn up to 125% bonus miles on all flights, not just codeshares. There were no specific details around MQMs/MQDs, but the term "bonus miles" makes one think RDMs perhaps?
Notice that the OP's phrasing is also "the ability to earn and use miles with Virgin Atlantic."

florin Jun 24, 2013 8:48 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 20979357)
When I click on Virgin Atlantic to get details on earning miles (as suggested in footnote 1 on the partner miles earning page), I get "page not found" and I can't even go back to the previous page on delta.dumb.

Where do people see that we can't use miles to upgrade? Just the lack of a statement that we can, perhaps combined with Virgin not being listed with AF and KLM for upgrades using SWUs?

ADDED: Clicking on MQM link in the first FAQ also results in "page not found" with no return.

:rolleyes: Typical gamer! Always clicking on things, reading the text on web pages, expecting stuff to work... you should be ashamed of yourself, Mr. Ham-Gamer-Sandwich!

BER Flyer Jun 24, 2013 8:52 am

Originally Posted by mendel k (Post 20979282)

GM club access is a Skyteam benefit ( as a ST Elite + ). As neither Virgin or their clubs a part of Skyteam it's a real benefit for DM/PM's to have club access!

mendel k Jun 24, 2013 8:54 am

Originally Posted by BER Flyer:20979532

Originally Posted by mendel k (Post 20979282)

GM club access is a Skyteam benefit ( as a ST Elite + ). As neither Virgin or their clubs a part of Skyteam it's a real benefit for DM/PM's to have club access!

Gotcha thanks