Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Anyone with experience on the Revivals lounge with a +1 as a PM on a Y fare?

Flying with my wife this upcoming weekend on DL 1 in Y so will get in at 8am and would like to grab breakfast and coffee before heading into London (and give hotel more time to hopefully check us in early for a mid-day nap). However she is only DL FO so from the website looks like I can't get her -- I'm not about to go by myself and make her wait in the hallway but would like to use the lounge if there is a pathway to do so with her
Old Jul 21, 2019, 11:42 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Yes, a few years back when I was flying with my BF in economy, I believe he hadn't gotten much status in DL yet, and I was able to guest him in with my DM status on arrival.

I also lost my little TUMI bag with all my chargers somewhere between the airplane and the lounge but....
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The arrivals lounge is only for the qualifying passenger. When not crowded they may allow you to pay an obsurde amount to guest someone in.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Duke787
Anyone with experience on the Revivals lounge with a +1 as a PM on a Y fare?

Flying with my wife this upcoming weekend on DL 1 in Y so will get in at 8am and would like to grab breakfast and coffee before heading into London (and give hotel more time to hopefully check us in early for a mid-day nap). However she is only DL FO so from the website looks like I can't get her -- I'm not about to go by myself and make her wait in the hallway but would like to use the lounge if there is a pathway to do so with her
To echo what others have said, don't expect anything. No free guests allowed even as a DM in Upper Class/Delta One...
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Just to pile on - do not expect to be able to bring a guest to Revivals lounge.

However, if you have PP, you can walk across to the Plaza Premium lounge at T2 for a shower and quick bite.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by gooselee
....PP, you can walk across to the Plaza Premium lounge at T2 for a shower and quick bite.
There is also a Plaza Premium arrivals lounges at Terminal 3. It does not accept Priority Pass, but should accept American Express Platinum:

https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...als-terminal-3

https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...erican-express
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mia
There is also a Plaza Premium arrivals lounges at Terminal 3. It does not accept Priority Pass, but should accept American Express Platinum:

https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...als-terminal-3

https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...erican-express

I had no idea USA Amex Platinums were acceptable for all Plaza Premium lounges. I've just been checking via the Priority Pass app (which as you point out omits the T3 lounge)!

And with a little more digging it appears 2 guests allowed as well; so definitely the best option for OP.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:53 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too

I had no idea USA Amex Platinums were acceptable for all Plaza Premium lounges. I've just been checking via the Priority Pass app (which as you point out omits the T3 lounge)!

And with a little more digging it appears 2 guests allowed as well; so definitely the best option for OP.
FYI -- for Amex Plat card holders, a useful alternative is in the Amex app itself, go to the Platinum card, then Membership at the bottom, and there is a Lounge Access tool which shows all lounges that the Amex Plat gets you into, including Centurion and Delta lounges and the various other third party non-PP Amex Plat lounges like this one, Escape lounges, etc.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... no idea USA Amex Platinums were acceptable for all Plaza Premium lounges.....
I do not know why American Express (USA) does not even mention this benefit, but it may be changing to one guest soon:

Amex Premium Plaza Lounge going to one guest without charge
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Okay thanks all -- will likely just skip in that case and head to the hotel.

I've had decent success recently with getting in early if I'm not overly fussy about the room type so will try my luck.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i've booked my wife on a lhr-jfk-lhr vs marketed & operated flight in premium economy....the booking class is 'k' which would earn 150% mqm....if i were to use my vs miles to upgrade her to upper class then would she still be eligible to earn miles on delta as per her original booking class or will the upgrade make mileage earning ineligible for this trip????
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Keyser
i've booked my wife on a lhr-jfk-lhr vs marketed & operated flight in premium economy....the booking class is 'k' which would earn 150% mqm....if i were to use my vs miles to upgrade her to upper class then would she still be eligible to earn miles on delta as per her original booking class or will the upgrade make mileage earning ineligible for this trip????
You always earn based on what you paid. Note you will need to ask for manual reprocessing. Upgrade VS flights book into G class, same as used for awards. Thus system thinks it's an award ticket and doesn't give credit based on the actual paid ticket.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You always earn based on what you paid. Note you will need to ask for manual reprocessing. Upgrade VS flights book into G class, same as used for awards. Thus system thinks it's an award ticket and doesn't give credit based on the actual paid ticket.
i ran into this problem once with jet airways....i flew 40-50 flights with them every year & always credited the flights to dl without a problem....the activity used to take about 2 weeks to credit but it always did without manual intervention....one time i was traveling with a colleague & he used his jet airways miles to upgrade both our tickets on a domestic jet airways flight so my originally booked 'k' class got converted into 'd' class which was not a mileage accrual class on dl....i never got the credit for that flight....when it posted as ineligible for flight activity, i filled up the missing mileage form....a week or so later i was denied the miles....so i called the diamond desk to explain what happened & they said there is nothing they can do since 'd' class was not an eligible earning class....

not sure if things work differently with vs....would be great if anyone has done this & can share their experience....
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Keyser
i ran into this problem once with jet airways....i flew 40-50 flights with them every year & always credited the flights to dl without a problem....the activity used to take about 2 weeks to credit but it always did without manual intervention....one time i was traveling with a colleague & he used his jet airways miles to upgrade both our tickets on a domestic jet airways flight so my originally booked 'k' class got converted into 'd' class which was not a mileage accrual class on dl....i never got the credit for that flight....when it posted as ineligible for flight activity, i filled up the missing mileage form....a week or so later i was denied the miles....so i called the diamond desk to explain what happened & they said there is nothing they can do since 'd' class was not an eligible earning class....

not sure if things work differently with vs....would be great if anyone has done this & can share their experience....
  1. You should've gotten credit. However it can sometimes take two or three attempts to get someone that understands.
  2. This forum is full of examples of people getting credit. The amount of agents they have to go through various. Nowadays most agents understand. However, not all do, or will get what you're asking.
gooselee likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
  1. You should've gotten credit. However it can sometimes take two or three attempts to get someone that understands.
  2. This forum is full of examples of people getting credit. The amount of agents they have to go through various. Nowadays most agents understand. However, not all do, or will get what you're asking.
i actually tried 3 or 4 times before i gave up....it was only 700 miles & 500 mqm....didn't seem worth it after a few failed attempts....

but thanks for the reassurance....i'll give it a try....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.