Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Was the club packed? If not while this is the policy it seems to be in bad form...
MK,

Not at all at the time of the event (2:30P), and I do agree with that sentiment, it was at least 90 minutes until the rush of flights to ATL, BOS, DTW, LGA MSP, RDU .
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:55 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by LBJ
Why would you question her when she was correct?
We all know that many DL employees say things that are not correct. Ever been on a plane when they say that they know 3 electronic devices have not been shut off yet, or some such nonsense?

Having said that, yes the rules technically state that the guest must leave when the cardholder leaves. I have never seen it enforced the few times I have brought a guest and left earlier than the guest myself.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Skyclub Access

I tried searching for a few minutes and couldn't find the answer I was looking for. Here's my question:

I am flying next week on two separate itineraries 1) AS PDX-SEA and 2) SEA-JFK on DL. I leave PDX around 8pm and I'm taking the redeye to JFK thereafter.

I have a Delta Amex Reserve card. My question is will I have club access in PDX? The rules for access on the DL site say, "Delta Reserve Credit Cardholders traveling on a Delta coded or Delta operated flight." It clearly doesn't say access for cardholders traveling on a DL flight from that airport, but I can assume they mean that day.

Any experience?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:08 pm

Is that AS PDX-SEA flight not a codeshare with Delta? If it is, I think you can weasel into the 'Delta coded flight' requirement, even though your boarding pass will be under the AS flight number.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:13 pm

You should be fine, even if your DL flight is not leaving from that airport. I frequently use the SkyClubs as arrivals lounges.
Old May 11, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Sky Club Access Question

This summer, I will be traveling ORD-JFK-VCE. I will be in F/J for the trip, so I know I should get club access. However ORD-JFK and JFK-VCE are separate PNRs and reservations, so should there by any issue accessing the club in ORD?

Thanks!

WK
Old May 11, 2013, 7:43 pm

As long as you show a ticket for same-day international travel you should be fine. I suspect you will through-check your bags too.
Old May 11, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Thank you!
Old May 12, 2013, 5:36 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum,Hertz Pres Circle
I had the same experience recently where I had separate PNRs and reservations for the domestic and international legs. The skyclub attendant told me that normally I wouldn't be allowed but would make a special "exception" even I told him that wasn't correct. I didn't argue as he let me in without much of a hassle.
Old May 13, 2013, 9:36 pm

I have question about the Sky Club One Day Pass.

I noticed there is a space for "SkyMiles Number" on the pass. What if the person using it does not have a SkyMiles account? Can they still use the pass?
Old May 13, 2013, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you're concerned, why not sign up for a free account on line?
Old May 13, 2013, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you're concerned, why not sign up for a free account on line?
Its not for me, its for a family member who has no interest in signing up.
Old May 13, 2013, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by mat123
Its not for me, its for a family member who has no interest in signing up.
Another one of the masses w/ no interest in SM account. Where is that thread about % of pax w/o SM account?

Still seems cray cray. Free skymiles. No expiration until death. Why not??
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: Skymiles PM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold#1
Skyclub access??

Just got into the ATL Skyclub with my Skymiles sliver card (not the regular AMEX Platinum - The skymiles silver one) for free. Up untill now, I have been charged 25 $ - The discounted rate for holders of that card. Has something changed?

P.S: I am SM PM and have a J class bp today, if any of that is relevant.

Cheers
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:19 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkanderH
Just got into the ATL Skyclub with my Skymiles sliver card (not the regular AMEX Platinum - The skymiles silver one) for free. Up untill now, I have been charged 25 $ - The discounted rate for holders of that card. Has something changed?

P.S: I am SM PM and have a J class bp today, if any of that is relevant.

Cheers
Where are you going with your J class bp?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.