Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Do i get access as a GM in economy while traveling inter europe in the KLM lounge. For example AMS-FCO or AMS-CDG? I am an American based medallion if that matters. This is not coming from America this is strictly showing up in AMS to fly to FCO or CDG.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:00 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Do i get access as a GM in economy while traveling inter europe in the KLM lounge. For example AMS-FCO or AMS-CDG? I am an American based medallion if that matters. This is not coming from America this is strictly showing up in AMS to fly to FCO or CDG.
You should. If you present your GM card, it should state "SkyTeam Elite Plus" which qualifies for lounge access when flying internationally. There are occasional reports that some people are denied as GM's, but those I know have never had an issue.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:02 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Simple answer - Yes.

GM/PM/DM = SkyTeam Elite Plus gets lounge access, if it's available, when traveling on any same-day international ticket. If you're flying AF, for example, CDG/LYS, all within France, without an international connection, you would not.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:06 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by fti
You should. If you present your GM card, it should state "SkyTeam Elite Plus". . . .
Ya, it IS there, but taka look at it! You almost need the Hubble telescope to see it, it's so ridiculously tiny!
Old Jul 21, 2013, 5:03 pm

Sky Lounge access question.

We will be traveling from Sea to cun in November. There will be two stops. Sea - Slc first class. Slc - Atl first class. Atl -Cun business. Do we need to pay for Sky lounge access or is it included.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by keviebc
We will be traveling from Sea to cun in November. There will be two stops. Sea - Slc first class. Slc - Atl first class. Atl -Cun business. Do we need to pay for Sky lounge access or is it included.
As long as your segment from the US to Mexico is in Business/First you will get same day access to Sky Clubs. (Note that while Canadian/Mexico destinations will get you lounge access, flights in First/Business to the Caribbean will not as it is specifically excluded for lounge access).
Old Jul 21, 2013, 6:16 pm

Our Sea - Slc segment is on a Friday evening and the Slc - Atl and Atl - Cun segments are on Saturday morning.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:17 pm

Sky Club access question

Hi,

I have an itinerary going from ATL-LAX-SYD-AKL (DL, VA, CI) all in business.

the first leg ATL-LAX is on the 767-300, so business elite. Do I have access to the Sky Club in ATL? If I do, do they print out lounge invitation when I check in or just present the boarding pass to the lounge dragons?

the second leg LAX-SYD, I understand I would have access to the Loft by Virgin America, correct?

the third leg, SYD-AKL going on CI, what lounge would I get? Would CI put me in the VA lounge? Or is there a VA arrival lounge?

TIA
Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
All in Business means you will have lounge access at every airport.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
All you need to do in the SkyClubs is show your boarding pass and ID. I don't know about Australian partner lounges.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 6:48 am

Skyclub access question

Hello, I have a question about if you buy access to sky club with the cc discount for $25. Can it be used at any sky club throughout your trip (if you have 2 layovers) or is it a one time access deal in that one city?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by edh101985
Hello, I have a question about if you buy access to sky club with the cc discount for $25. Can it be used at any sky club throughout your trip (if you have 2 layovers) or is it a one time access deal in that one city?
[INCORRECT] You can use it for same day travel.[INCORRECT]

It's $25/visit per subsequent posts.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...25_membership/

TERMS & CONDITIONS
Benefit is limited to Cardmembers with a Gold or Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express and may be used only in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel on any airline. Payment must be made with a Gold or Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express. Cardmember must be at least 21 years of age to access Clubs with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is a Club member or paid visitor. Up to two guests are permitted upon payment of $25 per guest. Partner lounges are not included. Amenities may vary among airport Club locations. Offers and rules subject to change. Additional restrictions may apply. All Delta Sky Club rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skyclub. Please drink responsibly.

Last edited by rwoman; Nov 4, 2013 at 7:59 am
Old Nov 4, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
According to the link that rwoman gave, the DL cc access is "for just $25 per visit" (my emphasis). I don't think you can use it in more than one club on any given day.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, Mariott Titanium
This is indeed for one visit. The one-day pass is good all day but not the $25 CC visit the OP asked about
Old Nov 4, 2013, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Skyclub access question

A better question is why pay to go to the SC and pay for decent quality drinks on top of that when you can get better food and drink for less overall spend at most airports' bars or restaurants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.