Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2012, 7:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
It says you're DM....
Old Aug 31, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Emirates202
It says you're DM....
Also says SO is the one traveling...
Old Aug 31, 2012, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
If there are three travelers on the same flights then it would make sense to look at the 30days pass. It has all the guesting privileges (+2) and is valid for 30days so it could work for your return flight if it is within the 30 days window.
I think you can also get a credit if you decide to buy a SC membership within so many days after the expiry of the 30 days.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Smile Solved

Thanks all for your responses ... I learned a lot again ^

In the meantime I also remembered having received a bunch of Skyclub One-Day passes a while back from SkyBonus.
Because of my own status I never needed to pay attention to the passes, until now with SO having to endure the horrors of very long lay-overs-with-kids ("kids" are teenagers in this case, but none-the-less, can behave as "small" )
Problem thus solved and SO happy with the prospect of a prolonged Skyclub-with-booz visit to get thru the next long night in Y
Old Sep 1, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by Travelomania:19236160
Thanks all for your responses ... I learned a lot again ^

In the meantime I also remembered having received a bunch of Skyclub One-Day passes a while back from SkyBonus.
Because of my own status I never needed to pay attention to the passes, until now with SO having to endure the horrors of very long lay-overs-with-kids ("kids" are teenagers in this case, but none-the-less, can behave as "small" )
Problem thus solved and SO happy with the prospect of a prolonged Skyclub-with-booz visit to get thru the next long night in Y
Who is SO?
Old Sep 1, 2012, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by mbwmbw
Who is SO?
It's an abbreviation, commonly used for "Significant Other"

Or does your question mean: Who is the SO ?
Old Sep 1, 2012, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Who is SO?
DYKW"SO"is?
Old Sep 1, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by Travelomania
It's an abbreviation, commonly used for "Significant Other"
An acronym from real life, a place worth visiting from time to time if one is trying desperately to acquire an SO.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
Who is SO?
A needle pulling thread.

~~~

Not to side track, and (most importantly) not to attack the OP...

This is a perfect example why, after 4 years of my company paying for my SkyClub membership, I told them to not bother and save a few hundred bucks.

The SkyClub has transformed from a sanctuary where you could relax, conduct business and escape from the chaos of the terminal, into a place where parents drop their kids to entertain themselves while mom and dad go indulge in the free booze. The last 18-24 months have seen such an over-monitization of the SC, that it no longer serves its intended purpose.

It's easier to find a quiet, unused gate at the far end of a terminal where I can set up shop, eat my food in peace, make some phone calls without wailing children, and recharge my batteries without 5 year olds tripping over the cords while playing tag.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 1:01 pm

Exclamation Recommendations encouraged !

Originally Posted by airmotive
Not to side track, and (most importantly) not to attack the OP...
No offense taken

The SkyClub has transformed from a sanctuary where you could relax, conduct business and escape from the chaos of the terminal, into a place where parents drop their kids to entertain themselves while mom and dad go indulge in the free booze. The last 18-24 months have seen such an over-monitization of the SC, that it no longer serves its intended purpose.

It's easier to find a quiet, unused gate at the far end of a terminal where I can set up shop, eat my food in peace, make some phone calls without wailing children, and recharge my batteries without 5 year olds tripping over the cords while playing tag.
Hence a repeat of my following question as part of initial #3:

If so, (crowded) which one would you recommend ?
Old Sep 2, 2012, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller
DYKW"SO"is?
LOL ... ^
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Just had an interesting occurrence at the IND SC...was guested in by a colleague, who I believe, is AMEX Platinum cardholder and Silver Medallion. Originally both on the same flight, she changed to an earlier departure, and left at time of boarding. Approximately ten minutes later (enjoying a Blue Moon and some Mesa Rosa mix), the SC concierge came over and, after confirming I was the guest of my colleague, mentioned that she had already boarded her flight, and I had to leave the Club, as I had to be with her. On our travels together, she often guests me in when our flights coincide and she decides to change to an earlier departure (including @ IND), and have never had an issue.

Isolated incident, or, were we just fortunate all of the other times? Though the concierge was discreet and professional, I am wondering if I should have questioned the rules as stated, or, at least, mentioned that I was on the next flight to ATL?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nycatl
Isolated incident, or, were we just fortunate all of the other times? Though the concierge was discreet and professional, I am wondering if I should have questioned the rules as stated, or, at least, mentioned that I was on the next flight to ATL?
Why would you question her when she was correct? Did you read the guest access rules for yourself? -- "you must remain with your guests at all times during the visit". Seems pretty clear to me. Yes, they don't generally enforce it, but those are the rules.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by LBJ
Why would you question her when she was correct? Did you read the guest access rules for yourself? -- "you must remain with your guests at all times during the visit". Seems pretty clear to me. Yes, they don't generally enforce it, but those are the rules.
LBJ,

Fair enough...I take responsibility for not being familiar with the rules.

Guess I had been fortunate, on the other occasions, that the policy was not strictly enforced. Live and learn...
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Was the club packed? If not while this is the policy it seems to be in bad form...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.