Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL DM; US GP; Fairmont PL; HHonors DM; Hyatt GP Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
DM Sky Club Access

Sorry if this question is MOM. I have always used my PL AMEX to access the SkyClubs before; now that I am DM, what do I need to show them -- my DM card? my BP? I am flying as a DM for the first time on Wednesday morning.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM'r,
Your BP will let you in as long as it shows you as DM.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Your BP and ID
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Supposedly all DM's are being mailed a separate SkyClub card...I guess to help us get into the non-Delta operated clubs.

The DM packet I just opened says we should expect them within the next two weeks.

-RM
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:58 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
What happens with the DMs who have an AMEX Plat or a AMEX DL Reserve? Can you take two guests in with your SC membership and two more with your AMEX. I don't necessarily want to sponsor an entire DO into a SC, I was just wondering.

I'm a little concerned because in both SLC and ATL yesterday, the SC agents could see I was DM, but it defaulted to my AMEX DL Reserve for my ability to enter. They said for other DMs, it would show their new SC memberships. Do I need to downgrade to the AMEX DL Plat?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 2:00 am

Programs: DL Silver/1MM - EK Platinum - HH Gold
Last Feb in JFK SC near gate 25 the CSR found my Skyclub membership due Diamond and give me a temporary card dated 03-01-10 to 28-02-11. She was very nice and invite me to bring my guest in (I've a C class and can go in anyway).
Old Mar 2, 2010, 5:52 am

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott PP, IHG Rewards Plat, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
I've been waiting for my DM card, so I just have the agent scan my Plat card to access the Sky Club. Worked like a charm for 3 different clubs in MCO, ATL & BNA yesterday...
Old Mar 2, 2010, 6:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ADLFO
I'm a little concerned because in both SLC and ATL yesterday, the SC agents could see I was DM, but it defaulted to my AMEX DL Reserve for my ability to enter.
This happened to me too, when I showed my boarding pass at two different SCs within the last week, but both were also able to see that I was DM and entitled to enter on that basis when I pointed it out. (I wasn't trying to bring in any guests.) Maybe they charge AmEx a fee per visit and thus prefer to do it that way?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This happened to me too, when I showed my boarding pass at two different SCs within the last week, but both were also able to see that I was DM and entitled to enter on that basis when I pointed it out. (I wasn't trying to bring in any guests.) Maybe they charge AmEx a fee per visit and thus prefer to do it that way?
Not me. I do not have the AMEX and I was greeted as a Diamond by the club matrons and invited in. They can definitely see that I am a DM and that DM= SC access. This has happened to me at least 12 times over the last Month at BOS, ATL, LAX, SFO, DTW, MSP.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:19 am
mdu

Skyclub access

I am a Silver Medallion (I know nothing special... ) I am flying a CUN-ATL-DXB trip this week. I've just cleared an upgrade on business class for the CUN-ATL leg. For the ATL-DXB leg I will be coach.

Does this mean that I get access to the Skyclub in ATL ? Or only if I would have a first class seat on the ATL-DXB leg?

Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Welcome to FT.

Using the various dropdown menus and definitions, I'm not sure. If you do, that would be better than some other airlines that exclude Mexico and Canada.

The participation level BusinessElite or SkyTeam Premium Cabin Passenger has no mention of regular international Business on DL (only Business on
a SkyTeam-operated flight). To me, you should but to an agent in ATL they might have a cow.

You should get access in CUN (the AeroMexico lounge).

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp
Old Apr 15, 2010, 2:16 pm
mdu

Thanks for the reply. It's the ATL Skyclub access that interest me since I'll have a long layover...I will check with the SkyClub agent and see what she says.

Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
I've had access in a similar situation. They looked only at my first boarding pass showing BE and that was sufficient.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
My upgraded ATL-SJO BE X ticket was good enough to get into the ATL E concourse without having to swipe my Plat AMEX.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Yes, you will have access in Mexico and in ATL. Just show them your Mexico boarding pass in ATL and you'll get free access to the Club.

Mexico (and Canada) are definitely considered international destinations for Delta and if you fly in Business Class (paid or upgraded), you have lounge access on both sides of the flight.

You can confirm it here: https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ions/index.jsp

The bottom paragraphs show that Business customers get lounge access for international flights and 'international' is defined two rows below that.

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.