Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2012, 5:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 122554
Here's one for you. Go to SC locations. There's a drop down menu. If you use gold and up medallion level, it indicates you're allowed in. Use Business, and the same thing. No where does it indicate international!
Wrong. You must look at the definitions and other footnotes at the bottom of the page. There's nothing about DL business class flights having SC privileges, only DL BE flights and equivalent premium cabin flights on SkyTeam partners.

If you look at GM benefits as SkyTeam ElitePlus, again the definitions and asterisk state that this is only for international itineraries. So, contrary to your claim, it does indicate international.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 122554
Here's one for you. Go to SC locations. There's a drop down menu. If you use gold and up medallion level, it indicates you're allowed in. Use Business, and the same thing. No where does it indicate international!
You will note that the drop down specifically says "Delta BusinessElite", not simply Business class. While the first class cabin of DL 236 SFO-DTW is sold as a Business fare, it is not a BusinessElite marketed service. And, as mentioned, you also have to pay attention to the asterisks and the footnotes. Particularly for the definition of "international" destinations and qualifying flights.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Wrong. You must look at the definitions and other footnotes at the bottom of the page. There's nothing about DL business class flights having SC privileges, only DL BE flights and equivalent premium cabin flights on SkyTeam partners.
FWIW, when I flew LAX-GUA, I bought a cheap-o T fare. I was FO at the time and got upgraded at T-24, but it was an upgrade to X (business) instead of V (first). I was able to access the LAX SC with that ticket (no AMEX, no SC membership, and I was an FO).

So why would I get in if DL business class flights don't have SC privileges?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by amolkold
FWIW, when I flew LAX-GUA, I bought a cheap-o T fare. I was FO at the time and got upgraded at T-24, but it was an upgrade to X (business) instead of V (first). I was able to access the LAX SC with that ticket (no AMEX, no SC membership, and I was an FO).

So why would I get in if DL business class flights don't have SC privileges?
You got access because you had a same day international First/Business class ticket. It doesn't matter if you bought the Business class or were upgraded to it. All that matter's was that it was on an international segment (note that DL excludes Caribbean destinations from the "international" definition).

The OP has a Business class ticket on SFO-DTW, but he has a Coach class ticket on the international segment from DTW-YUL, so he does not get access. Simply having a Business class ticket is not sufficient. It has to be on an international segment (or one one of the JFK transcon routes that are marketed as BE).
Old Jul 25, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
Me bad. Blame it on old age
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
access to Sky Lounge?

Btw, I'm assuming you're not a Sky Team Elite Plus (DL Gold Medallion or higher)? If you are, you have club access in both SFO and DTW, regardless of class of service.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:35 pm

Programs: U/A premier 1K. UA 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by keloutwest
Btw, I'm assuming you're not a Sky Team Elite Plus (DL Gold Medallion or higher)? If you are, you have club access in both SFO and DTW, regardless of class of service.
No status. Just seems like a catch 22. I have to be flying in intl business from dtw to yul but delta does not sell a business seat direct/non stop from dtw to yul??? When I booked the flite this is the routing that delta web provided when I punched in a search for business to yul from sfo
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gallen5555
No status. Just seems like a catch 22. I have to be flying in intl business from dtw to yul but delta does not sell a business seat direct/non stop from dtw to yul??? When I booked the flite this is the routing that delta web provided when I punched in a search for business to yul from sfo
Well, there are other ways of getting into the clubs. If you buy a day pass at SFO you will have access to both the SFO and DTW clubs. Just think of it as using the money you are saving by not being able to buy a FC seat between DTW-YUL in order to gain access to the lounge.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: Delta: Gold, Marriott: Silver
Originally Posted by LBJ
Well, there are other ways of getting into the clubs. If you buy a day pass at SFO you will have access to both the SFO and DTW clubs. Just think of it as using the money you are saving by not being able to buy a FC seat between DTW-YUL in order to gain access to the lounge.
Personally I would rather buy a Month pass for an extra $40 over the day pass so I could hit the club on the way back too and save myself $10. I would also get access for any other travel i was doing in that month, as well as being able to bring a companion.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Question Skyclub access question

SO will be traveling as an FO on international coach itin with two additional pax.
The layover @ ATL is 7 hrs outbound, 4 hrs inbound and it would be great to spend the time at one of the Skyclubs and get hopefully (a lot of) work done.

I have some questions:

1. Probably no automatic access as an FO - correct ?

2. With use of a one-day-pass, can additional guests (kids) on the same itin/pnr be brought in ?

3. Scheduled departure of flight #101 will be from E-6. Can the Skyclub near E-15 be recommended, or is this a crowded one ?
If so, which one would you recommend ?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by Travelomania:19229518
SO will be traveling as an FO on international coach itin with two additional pax.
The layover @ ATL is 7 hrs outbound, 4 hrs inbound and it would be great to spend the time at one of the Skyclubs and get hopefully (a lot of) work done.

I have some questions:

2. With use of a one-day-pass, can additional guests (kids) on the same itin/pnr be brought in ?

3. Scheduled departure of flight #101 will be from E-6. Can the Skyclub near E-15 be recommended, or is this a crowded one ?
1. Yes
2. No but maybe kids? Let JavaBytes or MSPEconomist chime in on that.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
A one-day pass does not allow any guests except the pass holder.

Rules about number of guests allowed under different types of SC membership are at the bottom of this page:

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta: Gold, Marriott: Silver
Originally Posted by Travelomania

I have some questions:

Correct

Nope, for a one day pass you get no guests. Your better bet is buying the month pass which gives you the same guest privileges as the year pass.

If you have the time go to F, if not E is not the most crowded club I have ever been in, but it stays pretty busy all day.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by Travelomania

You have been given incorrect info. According to the fine print, you can bring in your minor children, but your spouse will need an additional pass.

Try the one in F. It's newer, and the kids will enjoy the new terminal.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
If you're flying BE, it's a comp. Otherwise, pay the $$$$

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.